“Excellent food and very friendly service”
Review of Casa Velha - CLOSED

Casa Velha
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Great friendly service, very professional, warm atmosphere , good selection of food at good value would suggest great for romantic dinner out.
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and very friendly service”
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Magnificent Portuguese food. Impeccable service from start to finish. Great decor. Will definitely go back next time we're in Jersey.

1 Thank Simon R

Paris, France
“A great family run restaurant”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Its such a pleasure to meet nice people who care about food and their cultural heritage. The tradition of portugese in Jersey dates back to the 60's. The food is good, wholesome and uncomplicated. It is more than reasonably priced and even my son who is a bit pickey tucked in with no questions asked. A warm change to the more tourist orientated ethnic cuisine who are only out to get an extra dollar or pound from you. Hioghly recommended. Joe & Gorete were great hosts and made me feel at home. Bravo.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Indiewheel
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“A grand night out”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We visited Casa Velha on the last night of a short break in Jersey. We loved everything about it. The menu was varied - there was a set menu which was very reasonably priced but the other dishes not particularly expensive. The service was excellent - friendly and attentive without being intrusive. Should we go back to Jersey we'll definitely pay Casa Velha another visit.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Katieann59
West Sussex, United Kingdom
“1st visit great. 2nd visit poor food”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

My 1st visit was about 9 months ago. Then the food was great.
Last week I ordered Whitebait to start & the Squid & Chorizo cataplana.
The whitebait was disappointing - overcooked and thus very very dry;
The Squid & Chorizo cataplana looked & tasted wonderful - at first.
I found that it comprised mainly potatoes and about 5 small squid together with about half a dozen slices of chorizo (plus sauce & "seasoning").
Unfortunately once I had eaten the top layer, I discovered the salt.
Wow - never have I had so much salt in a meal. Even though I gave up after 2 more mouthfuls I was up most of the night trying to make my mouth / tongue taste better.
That said, I cannot fault the service. It was friendly, welcoming and hospitable - and the environment is good too.
Shame the food wasnt up to ... .... anything.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank John K
UK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WOW !!”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

On my last visit to Jersey in march I spent most evenings in Casa Velha, Joe the owner was on hand every evening providing top service food the Pichadinho if that's house it's spelt which was recommend by Joe would recommend to anyone looking for good quality food! I will be back.

• Visited March 2012