Ommaroo Hotel
The Inn Boutique(St Helier)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$101
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa(St Helier)
US$350
US$246
US$176
Stafford Hotel(St Helier)
US$97
  • Breakfast included
The Revere Hotel(St Helier)
US$189
Hotwire.com
US$263
getaroom.com
US$464
All reviewssea poolrecently refurbished roomsseaside hotelhavre des pasopposite the beachsea facing roomevening mealfamily roomcar parkhotel poolout of seasonensuite bathroomtown centreplenty of storagesingle roomlovely bathroomthe bus
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This is the third time I have stayed at the Ommaroo; this time for 3 weeks in what I can only describe as a very pleasant and well run hotel. It is extremely conveniently situated for exploring Jersey, shopping in Saint Helier and researching family/Jersey history at the Jersey Archives, the Jersey Library or Societie Jersiaise.

Breakfast and dinner were either served in the Dining Room, a beautiful room which I suspect may have been a ballroom in the pre-war era or in the Atrium overlooking the Havre des Pas and the sea. Both breakfast and dinner were of high quality with the food beautifully presented and of appropriate portions (see photographs). Service was generally good (some gaps between courses when there were tour groups seemed quite lengthy) and the waiters pleasant and helpful. Personally I would like to see the menu identify all the produce as being sourced from Jersey.

My room (72) had a sea view on the right overlooking the swimming pool off the small pier which meant I could watch the tide come in and the gulls feeding. The room was compact yet spacious and had been recently decorated. A small area of the wall near on corner was stained as a consequence of a 2" pipe leaking in a supporting wall which, I understood, was to be redecorated when it had completely dried out; not that this troubled me but I mention it to correct the exaggerated comments made by another TripAdvisor blogger (Cat8250). The chambermaid seemed very efficient.

The bathroom was pleasant and well designed however I would recommend the use of the anti-slip mat in the bath. I found the bed extremely comfortable and slept with the window open because it was so warm even though it was October. I was not troubled by noise during the night as there is virtually no traffic on the Havre des Pas after 11pm so I could listen to the sound of the waves which lulled me to sleep.

Wifi signals can be picked up in reception, the dining room and atrium but the signal can be quite weak and at times non-existent. It reminded me of hotels in Shaanxi province and northern Sichuan where I recently stayed. I was surprised to discover that JTel which the States owns had to replace the contractors rolling out the fibre network in Jersey leading to lengthy delays in supplying a fast network. Hopefully it will be installed on the Havre des Pas before my next visit.

One tip, the freshly baked scones in the afternoon are real yummy.

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea view are very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Shangha1
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Spent last week at the Ommaroo hotel , very clean ,food excellent ,staff very good and pleasant,especially Stephen who was always running around ,very efficient . If I have one tiny criticism one night we had to wait half an hour between first and second course, the waiters just all disappeared. Also very easy to get into town. Altogether a good week

Room Tip: We were in room 75 looking down on car park ,but didn't bother us didn't go to spend a week in hotel room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pgriffies
Reviewed 12 October 2013

A group of us stayed at the Ommaroo hotel this week, the food was superb, freshly cooked breakfasts, imaginative and good choice of evening meals. We could not fault it. As we were cycling each day, we had good appetites so we were very pleased with the dinners, thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I and a number of friends stayed in this hotel for the Jersey Air Show. What a lovely, friendly hotel within a few minutes walk of King Street, the main shopping street and a vast array of restaurants for those who wish to eat out. The hotel has been beautifully refurbished over the last two years and all the rooms now compete with the best in St. Helier. The rates are very competitive, the staff friendly and the rooms very modern and comfortable. What more could one ask for !

Room Tip: The sea view rooms have spectacular views and some have balconies.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Colin M
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The Hotel was pleasant enough with friendly and helpful staff and the food was good. Our room was one that had been refurbished and was I have to say excellent, we could not fault the room. The only complaint I have is the dismal sight of the rear of the hotel that greets you from the carpark. A makeover would not go amiss and the stairs and walkway from the carpark to the hotel are very slippy underfoot when it has rained.
Overall a good hotel which is in the process of modernising!

Room Tip: Our room was overlooking the carpark, no problem as we were not in the room for any length of time for this to be a problem.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple