“Great rooms but very poor restaurant service”
Review of The Inn Boutique

The Inn Boutique
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in St Helier
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great rooms but very poor restaurant service”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stayed here during the Easter period,On checking in we were given an upgrade to a suite which was great. The room had a seperate lounge area and the bedroom was very well designed and very much of a boutique hotel.
My companion was staying here for the first night as I was at a business conference, he rangt mer later ion the evening to tell me what great service the restaurant had given ,I looked forward to joining the next day.
At the dinner the next day we then felt we were being ignored, no bread was offered,my companions starter came with part missing, no apology offered and generally staff were more interested in other guests.
I highlighted my concerns on a comment form given with the bill, but throughout our three day stay we never received an apology.
The following day we decided to go and eat at a the Savoy Hotel instead to avoid the bad service here it was excellent.
The last breakfast the service got worst as the staff member ignore our request to have dirty crockery removed from the table and was very rude to us when requesting hot drinks as the once served were cold.
At check out we were not convinced the receptionist really cared about our complaints.

Room Tip: Have one of the suites as they are worthwhile.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Dear Mysteryvisitor 1

I am so sorry you were unhappy with the restaurant service during your stay.

It is such a shame you did not ask to speak to me as I was unaware of any problems you had . If you had of done I would have dealt with it immediately and of course offered my apologies.

The first I heard of any issues you had was when Jackie the receptionist you spoke to me told me, but you had already checked out.

Comments forms are reviewed on a regular basis, but are not there to replace a complaint that needs immediate attention.

We have had a very busy Easter, we had a problem a couple of mornings with our hot water supply to some rooms but despite this guest feedback has been excellent. I am however so sorry your experience was so different from theirs.

Stephen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Bristol, England
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

Good first impressions.staff wonderful.food good but let down by being cold.heating switched off between 10 and 4....so no hot water either. This is a shame the staff were all lovely..great breakfast!

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Dear Louise11

I am so sorry you were "sadly disappointed" despite the positives in your review.

We have had issues with the hot water supply to some rooms over the last couple of days due to a fault caused by a leak. With the assistance of our plumber and boiler engineer this has now been rectified with a temporary fix over Easter and a permanent one is planned for tomorrow April 3.

The hotel water system is separate the heating system so is not affected by timing.

I of course apologise for this inconvenience but would like to assure you and readers of this review we normally have plenty of hot water!

Please let me explain our heating policy for the winter months:

To conserve oil for both financial and environmental reasons the central heating in bedrooms is off during periods when hotel guests are normally out. This is normal practise in our industry. However public areas are heated by hot/cold air conditioning and is constantly on.
We also put the heating on early if there is demand or we will offer an electric heater if a guest requires heating during the day.

At THE INN our customers well being is the most important thing to us and I am so sorry for this problem which was beyond our control, however I can assure you we did everything we could to rectify the issue as quickly as possible.

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Not our usual Hotel when we go to Jersey, booked it as part of a deal via Easyjet, first impressions were good, check in was very smooth and our room was ready on arrival. Clean room and well equipped. A little bit of a trek from the town centre, but on the upside it does have parking which was a bonus. Never made it down to breakfast either day so cannot comment on the food etc, but as we walked out of the hotel in the morning it did look good. We would not hesitate to use it again and is certainly on our list of hotels we would use in Jersey now.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank govnher
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Hi Govnher

Thanks for your great review and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is such a shame you didn't try our restaurant as this would have no doubt enhanced your stay at THE INN even further.

I do hope we can welcome you back next time you visit Jersey.

Essex
Reviewed 15 March 2013

The Inn is located about 15 mins walk from the centre of St Helier. It is very comfortable and all the staff provide great service. The food in the restaurant and bar is excellent and is reasonably priced. There are set menus and A La Carte to choose from.

When our return flight was delayed last Monday due to bad weather the staff extended our accommodation and helped us sort out alternative flights.

\\\we would be delighted to stay there again and would recommend the Inn to anyone.

1 Thank Sue_Paul_Essex
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, 16 March 2013
Hi Sue_Paul_Essex

Thank you for your great review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for taking the time to tell others.

Also I appreciate your comments regarding the assistance my staff gave you last week. It was a very challenging time for everyone.

Southampton - UK
Reviewed 14 March 2013

As a base for a weekend in Jersey you couldn't ask more from The Inn. High quality rooms with great fixtures and fittings (bed to die for), the friendliest staff in any hotel I've stayed in in recent years, a great range of food options from tasty bar food to excellent quality restaurant food. Not too pricey and just oozes quality. Next time we come to Jersey The Inn is where we're heading.

Room Tip: The suites are exceptional
Hi MaggerZ

Thanks for your great review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

All our staff read these reviews and I know they will be delighted by your comments.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

London
Reviewed 11 March 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Inn 1 - 3 March on a Living Social deal - and we loved it!

The deal we had delivered great value for money and comfort. We had a two course meal as part of the deal on our first night; friends joined us for dinner and it was clear that The Inn is not only popular with visitors but also with locals - the restaurant had a great buzz about it, and it was no trouble to make our booking for four people. I had oysters to start and a t-bone steak for my main - what a treat! On our second night we chose to dine at the hotel again as the food was so good, the living social deal we had also meant we had a bottle of wine with our meal - brilliant.

We stayed in a classic room, the bed was really comfortable with down pillows and quilts - we loved the fact that haribo and chocolate bars were left as (chargeable) room snacks. The en-suite was lovely with an excellent shower; when we had problems with the fixed shampoo holder they came and sorted it straight away. Body wash, shampoo, hand soap and body lotion supplied is by The White Company so it was good to have decent quality products to use.

The staff are very helpful and attentive - particularly Elena who we think was the head waitress, she always had a smile on her face, was super-efficient and remembered how we had our Irish coffees the previous night (mine decaff, my husband's "full-fat!"), so we'd like to say a thank you to her for being so lovely. There was a 40th birthday party on our second night and the staff managed to keep all the restaurant, bar and party customers happy - really impressive as it was super busy. My only criticism would be the musical "entertainment" on Saturday in the bar/over-flow dining area - it seemed to be typical "dated" hotel entertainment and we're not sure it matched the young vibe the hotel gives out? We didn't venture downstairs but there was a Wii room and 3D TV there - they seem to think of everything a guest may want and the bar was of course busy and well stocked.

All-in-all, my husband and I think The Inn 100% deserves it's gold award from Visit Britain and we wouldn't hesitate in staying there again. Lovely hotel, great staff, good value for money - what's not to like?!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, 15 March 2013
Hi Mojo-Jojo28

Thanks for your great review and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have made a point of showing it to Elena and she is knocked out that you have mentioned her on Trip Advisor.

We are the only hotel in Jersey within our grading to hold the prestigious Gold Accreditation from Visit Britain which does keep us on our toes but when we read reviews such us yours makes it all worth while - Thank You

Our restaurant has also just been awarded Gold in the new Taste Jersey Scheme operated by Visit Britain which we are also very proud of.

Margate, England
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Stayed here for one night only but enjoyed my stay from start to finish. The first thing to impress were the staff. All were good, but one stood out.... a very helpful young lady on reception!! Could not do enough for me. Wonderful!
The room was a good size with everything you could need! Most importantly the basket with snacks! I'm sorry but I had to eat everything! A good amount of milk and suger to go with your morning tea also help people like me, who have a sweet tooth!
I have stayed in a few very nice hotels but none had bedding as luxurious as this!
Breakfast was excellent with a great choice and wonderful presentation!
How anyone could ever fault this modern well priced Boutique Hotel is beyond me, so give it a go!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
HI Beachy 022

Thank you for your wonderful review and taking the time to tell others.

I am so pleased you liked your room, bedding and the snacks :-).and I know my staff will be delighted by your review - Thanks.