“Lovely experience”
Review of The Inn Boutique

The Inn Boutique
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in St Helier
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We visited The Inn while visiting family in Jersey and am glad we did, the service we got was 1st class from all the staff, we had a few drinks and a meal here and everything went very well. The Inn has a nice warm atmosphere its clean, fresh, and just a nice place to be.
The food was lovely the restaurant service was great I would recommend other to come here and I will visit next time am over.
Keep up the good work

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Hi Bruce 1964

Thank you so much for your restaurant review.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your experience at THE INN as I know my staff will. They read all of these reviews and appreciation such us yours really make their day.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Jersey.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

Food really nice and the staff. Don`t be put off by the small car park.
A bit of a pain to park, but never the less the food is great.
Its looks very small on the outside but its not and the big fire on the wall is great.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Hi Sue J

Thank you so much for your restaurant review.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your meal (and the fire place) and hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

Stayed here in this very reasonably priced hotel in St Helier, TripAdvisor need to attend to the map as it is much closer to town on Queens Road than the map implies. We were delighted with our room, everything worked which is unusual in many hotels these days and we had a thoroughly good nights sleep. The bath and shower were great with plenty of hot water. The owner's attention to detail is to be applauded with quirky bits and pieces around the hotel and eye catching art on the walls. Dinner and breakfast were faultless with very attentative staff. The small car park opposite the hotel was busy but we just left our keys with reception and they did the rest, our car was ready to drive away next morning. Highly recommend this 'boutique' hotel just a short walk from the centre of town.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Neil S

Thank you so much for your great review.

It was a real pleasure having you with us and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay, room and food.

Thanks also for pointing out about the error on the Tripadvisor map, we will take this up with them.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

this was our second visit to this hotel , and it was as great as our first visit (2009) , the rooms were lovely and clean , breakfast good , and the evening meals were lovely, staff are friendly . i would recommend this hotel every time .

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Ali

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

I am so pleased you chose THE INN for a second time for you recent visit to Jersey and we did not disappoint.

I hope it wont be long before we can welcome you back for a 3rd time.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

This is a an excellent hotel. The staff are very welcoming and accomadating. the decor is very modern with the rooms appearing to be recently refurbished. There is complimentry tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits in each room and topped up every day, wich is very welcome after a cold walk.
The restaurant food was excellent with a great choice and very good value, in fact we ended up eating there 3 times. It is important to note that it closes early on a Sunday, we forgot, however the staff were more than happy to set up a table for us in the bar.
I believe if this hotel was slightly closer to the center it would be justified in charging double.
It was also very nice to meet Steven the owner on the last day. We would definately return here and would recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: all rooms excellent, possibly higher ones might not have as much footfall in the mornings
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Edelweiss64-12

Thank you so much for your great review.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and for taking the time to tell others.

It was a real pleasure meeting you both (and allowing me to reminisce about Belfast). I do hope I can welcome you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

We have just returned from our first trip to Jersey. We chose this hotel because it was cheap and had good reviews, and we were really impressed with it overall. We paid about £60 a night for double rooms. Both rooms were very nice and had all the facilities you would need. The only downside was that the walls and floors let quite a bit of noise through, so we were kept awake by people banging around upstairs very early in the morning - but I don't really know what the hotel can do about that! The restaurant was really good - great breakfasts in the morning and we had two delicious dinners during our stay. The service is what makes this hotel really stand out - we were given a very friendly welcome on arrival and all the staff were helpful and attentive, giving the place a family-run feel. There was a slight hiccup when our hire car keys went missing, but this was dealt with really well and the management refunded part of our bill to make up for the inconvenience. One very minor niggle that the management might be able to sort out: in one of our rooms (201), the shelf above the sink was too low for us to wash our faces, brush our teeth over it, etc; there was plenty of space either side for this to be moved. We saw a lot of other hotels and restaurants in the St Helier area and thought this one stood out as being one of the best, and at such good value, we would definitely book again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Hi DEA26

Thank you so much for your great review.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and is was a real pleasure meeting you.

We will of course look at the issues you raised and appreciate you bringing them to our attention.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stayed here during the Easter period,On checking in we were given an upgrade to a suite which was great. The room had a seperate lounge area and the bedroom was very well designed and very much of a boutique hotel.
My companion was staying here for the first night as I was at a business conference, he rangt mer later ion the evening to tell me what great service the restaurant had given ,I looked forward to joining the next day.
At the dinner the next day we then felt we were being ignored, no bread was offered,my companions starter came with part missing, no apology offered and generally staff were more interested in other guests.
I highlighted my concerns on a comment form given with the bill, but throughout our three day stay we never received an apology.
The following day we decided to go and eat at a the Savoy Hotel instead to avoid the bad service here it was excellent.
The last breakfast the service got worst as the staff member ignore our request to have dirty crockery removed from the table and was very rude to us when requesting hot drinks as the once served were cold.
At check out we were not convinced the receptionist really cared about our complaints.

Room Tip: Have one of the suites as they are worthwhile.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Dear Mysteryvisitor 1

I am so sorry you were unhappy with the restaurant service during your stay.

It is such a shame you did not ask to speak to me as I was unaware of any problems you had . If you had of done I would have dealt with it immediately and of course offered my apologies.

The first I heard of any issues you had was when Jackie the receptionist you spoke to me told me, but you had already checked out.

Comments forms are reviewed on a regular basis, but are not there to replace a complaint that needs immediate attention.

We have had a very busy Easter, we had a problem a couple of mornings with our hot water supply to some rooms but despite this guest feedback has been excellent. I am however so sorry your experience was so different from theirs.