“It was ok.......”

Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in St Helier
Winchester, United Kingdom
“It was ok.......”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We went here by chance and had an evening meal in the restaurant which was nice and busy. We ordered our drinks and then the food and the staff were friendly but we felt rushed once we had finished our meal and noticed that the staff were milling around waiting and watching and only too eager to bring us the bill!! We paid and left a tip, but I think we won't bother visiting again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Hi TeddyBlazer

We don't seem to be doing too well this week do we? After months of great reviews we get these disappointing ones!

I would like to assure readers that nothing has changed, we are still the same friendly bunch doing what we have always done and everyday and every night we see loads of smiling faces and overall get amazing feedback.

Anyway I am so sorry you felt rushed at the end of your meal, which really shouldn’t happen.

Our staff do try to be very attentive without being intrusive. Sometimes this can be a fine balance, especially towards the end of the evening when the restaurant is quieter and there are less people to look after. However I would like to find out exactly what went on, so could I please ask you to email me stephen@theinnjersey.com with further details. I can then discuss your comments with my restaurant manager and team, find out what happened and try to make sure it does not occur again and hopefully find a way to try to get you to give us another chance. We hate having unhappy customers!

Stephen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Bournemouth, England
Reviewed 2 June 2013

The hotel is OK maybe in fact good,we had a superior room (madams birthday) great bathroom, hot towel rad, shampoo , shower gel, huge bed, TV,(dvdplayer) tea/ coffee making ect.

Unfortunately the staff are rather over officious, they want to clear plates before your really ready, and the hot part of breakfast arrived while still eating the cereal, even after saying we were not ready they arrived a second time.

But the worst part is the walk into and particularly back out of town, it's a slog, quite steep, once you have done it a couple of times a day,(in in the morning back to change then down in the evening then back up) for a day or two enough is enough.

I guess the hotel can't help being where it is, but where it is isn't great.

Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Hi Alfie 2001

I am pleased you feel THE INN “maybe in fact good” and were so complementary about your room, however it’s extremely upsetting that you felt you had to give us such an overall poor headline, rating and review.

I am so sorry you had an issue with us miscalculating when to cook and serve your breakfast. I will of course pass your comments onto Miguel our restaurant manager. I can assure you your experience is not the norm.

Regarding our location, we are approximately 10-15 walk mostly on the flat from the town centre and are located at the bottom of a hill, in fact the only hilly bit is for about 100 meters and that is not at all steep, so to say we are a slog is I feel somewhat of an exaggeration and not the consensus of other guests – please see recent review by JPM634.

THE INN is a family owned award winning establishment run by a dedicated team whose main raison d'être is looking after our guests and giving them a great time in a modern, stylish establishment and serving great food.

On the rare occasion we get reviews such as yours it makes us believe we have somehow failed to do our job as well as we could have. We are so sorry!

Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

First impressions were fantastic. Short walk to St Helier town centre. Friendly staff. Stylish. Nice rooms.

Problems started at night though. The walls in our room were so thin we could hear the tv and conversations of the next room very clearly.

Such a shame as everything else about the hotel was great.

We'll give it one more chance though as there are many positives . Hopefully it was just the room we were in

• Stayed May 2013
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Hi Snapplesgsy

Thanks for your review and I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay at THE INN.
I am however most sorry that your felt your stay was slightly marred by noise emanating from the room next door.

I can assure you that all our rooms are insulated to reduce noise and I am so sorry on this occasion it was inefficient.

I have no record of any complaints regarding the issue raised and I would be most grateful (as your username is anonymous and I have no way of knowing who you are), if you would email me stephen@theinnjersey.com with your room number, which will enable me to check if we have an issue with this particular room which I am unaware of.

From the enquiries I have made with my reception team it seems you did not mention the problem to them which is a real shame. I am sure you are aware from the rest of your review our guests welfare is the most important thing to us and we would have done our best to find a solution.

I am pleased to read that you would like to stay with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back when hopefully everything will be to you satisfaction.

Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

Me and my fiancé stayed here 2 years ago and we went back this year. I was impressed at how the standards have changed but only for the better which I didn't think was possible being so high in the first place Wow. It's a 15 minute walk from the harbour and you get to experience the lovely scenery jersey has to offer on route to the hotel. Will be booking our next trip for this year August and we won't even look at other hotels. The food is great especially the breakfast and Miguel was fantastic by far the most efficient staff member I have ever seen he couldn't do enough for not only me and my fiancé but other guests too I don't know how he does it but he was everywhere. The whole hotel is superbly run and very well kept. A definate must if you are after a good hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Hi Sebburgess

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your second stay with us and I am delighted that you think we are even better now.

We are continually investing on infrastructure and staff training and comments such as yours means it is paying off.

I will of course pass your comments on to our Miguel, who I know will be over the moon -Thanks so much.

I hope we can welcome you back soon for your 3rd visit.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2013

arrived Friday for wedding anniversary booked one of the suites on the top floor was huge and immaculately clean with really nice "white Company " products, luxurious robes and even hair straighteners for the wife who was delighted. was shown straight to room a card from the staff was waiting the champagne i ordered followed had dinner in the restaurant scallops and fillet steak with excellent wine service was great could not do enough for us felt very special especially Miguel whom managed to remember our name after 5 minutes. spent the rest of the evening in the very friendly bar met some really great people. went off on a drive round the island in our hire car provided by the hotel through our deal had several excellent recommendations of places to have lunch we settled for the Crabshack on the beach. Have to mention the breakfast at the hotel enough for any grown man all local produce so thank you Lynne Dunham the manager and all of her excellent staff who made our weekend very memorable - we will be going back after the summer.

Room Tip: the 2 suites on the top (3rd) floor are huge and have everything
Hi Tony M

Thank you so much for you great review and for taking the time to tell others. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and you liked your suite and our restaurant.

I know Lynne and her team will be delighted by your comments as they all read these reviews. This is the second mention Miguel has had this week and I'm not sure I want him to see this as he might be after a pay rise (-: Seriously though thanks for highlighting his service, he will also be thrilled.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2013

My wife & I's favourite Jersey Hotel. Very convenient for the waterfront & the town. Rooms very clean, staff very friendly and the food is excellent. Bar can get crowded but generally a good atmosphere.All in ALL excellent value for money,

Room Tip: If you can try not to be in a room near the outdoor smoking area this can sometimes be a bit noisy
Hi JPM634

Thanks for your great review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and it's great to know we are your "favourite Jersey Hotel" and I can assure you we will always do our best to continue to receive this accolade.

I appreciate you pointing out that we are conveniently located to the waterfront and town centre.

Hope we can welcome you back soon!

Channel Islands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Only stayed here for one night but we are booked in again in July - really convenient location about a 10min walk to waterfront or £4 in a taxi. A mix of locals and guests in the bar which was a refreshing change - breakfast was fab too. We stayed in a stunning rooom with steps down into the bathroom with a double power shower and sunken lights - for the price £70 for a double inc breakfast thought this place was perfect!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Hi Madonjazz

Thanks for your great review. I loved the title! Yes we try to give a big welcome to everyone who walks through our doors - even our well behaved K9 friends!

I appreciate you mentioning our convenient location and I am so pleased you like the fact we are popular with both locals and visitors, which I do believe give us a very different feel to other establishments.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in July.