“A refreshingly different hotel”
Review of The Inn Boutique

The Inn Boutique
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in St Helier
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Have stayed in a number of hotels/guest accom in Jersey over the years and for a town location this is one of the best so far! Easy to locate. Excellent customer service from all the staff from management to cleaners, friendly and welcoming, always willing to help.The car-parking sevice was a real bonus. Bedrooms are roomy with good-sized bathroom; stylishly furnished, spotless and very comfy beds. Breakfast was excellent ; enjoyed one evening meal in the hotel, which impressed. It is obvious a great deal of thought has gone into the layout and decor giving the hotel a unique look , modern and inviting. Would definitely recommend . We will definitely stay there again on our next trip to the island later this year :-)

Room Tip: We chosethe 'Superior' rooms; very satisfied
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Hi Maggie M

Thanks so much for your great review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the uniqueness of THE INN, which means a lot to us –Thanks!

I am delighted you will be coming back to stay later this year, we are looking forward to it!

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Finding a hotel which makes your holiday a pleasant and enjoyable experience isn't easy. There are so many factors which go into the equation; cost, location,decor, food, staff etc. However, for me what makes a hotel special is undoubtedly the management and staff. Fortunately, in this regard the staff at the Inn are fantastic. Polite, helpful and cheerful don't adequately describe them but hopefully will provide you with some idea of what to expect if you stay at this hotel. The only thing one could possibly grumble about might be the limited and very small car park. However, the staff are excellent at moving and parking you car for you which certainly goes a long way to make amends for this minor problem. As this is our third stay at this hotel I/we would certainly recommend it if you are staying in Jersey.

Room Tip: The best rooms in my opinion are either Pierson or De Carteret.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Hi Dougiebodham

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your third stay with us and I am delighted that you think we are maintaining our standards.

Lynne and her team will be delighted by your comments as they read all these reviews –Thanks

What we would give for a bigger car park? But at least we have one and as you have so kindly mentioned with our ability to move cars around does not really make it too much of an issue for our guests and restaurant customers.

I hope we can welcome you back soon for your 4th visit.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

We had a great time in Jersey and the hotel was lovely. The staff were all very friendly and extremely helpful. I would definitely recommend staying here and if we go back.....sorry, when we go back, we will be back at The Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Hi Bexamasaurus

Thanks for your great review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and it's great to know you not only think we are lovely but you liked Jersey and St Helier as well - I couldn’t agree more !

It’s great to know you will be back, please make it soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We went here by chance and had an evening meal in the restaurant which was nice and busy. We ordered our drinks and then the food and the staff were friendly but we felt rushed once we had finished our meal and noticed that the staff were milling around waiting and watching and only too eager to bring us the bill!! We paid and left a tip, but I think we won't bother visiting again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Hi TeddyBlazer

We don't seem to be doing too well this week do we? After months of great reviews we get these disappointing ones!

I would like to assure readers that nothing has changed, we are still the same friendly bunch doing what we have always done and everyday and every night we see loads of smiling faces and overall get amazing feedback.

Anyway I am so sorry you felt rushed at the end of your meal, which really shouldn’t happen.

Our staff do try to be very attentive without being intrusive. Sometimes this can be a fine balance, especially towards the end of the evening when the restaurant is quieter and there are less people to look after. However I would like to find out exactly what went on, so could I please ask you to email me stephen@theinnjersey.com with further details. I can then discuss your comments with my restaurant manager and team, find out what happened and try to make sure it does not occur again and hopefully find a way to try to get you to give us another chance. We hate having unhappy customers!

Reviewed 2 June 2013

The hotel is OK maybe in fact good,we had a superior room (madams birthday) great bathroom, hot towel rad, shampoo , shower gel, huge bed, TV,(dvdplayer) tea/ coffee making ect.

Unfortunately the staff are rather over officious, they want to clear plates before your really ready, and the hot part of breakfast arrived while still eating the cereal, even after saying we were not ready they arrived a second time.

But the worst part is the walk into and particularly back out of town, it's a slog, quite steep, once you have done it a couple of times a day,(in in the morning back to change then down in the evening then back up) for a day or two enough is enough.

I guess the hotel can't help being where it is, but where it is isn't great.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Alfie 2001

I am pleased you feel THE INN “maybe in fact good” and were so complementary about your room, however it’s extremely upsetting that you felt you had to give us such an overall poor headline, rating and review.

I am so sorry you had an issue with us miscalculating when to cook and serve your breakfast. I will of course pass your comments onto Miguel our restaurant manager. I can assure you your experience is not the norm.

Regarding our location, we are approximately 10-15 walk mostly on the flat from the town centre and are located at the bottom of a hill, in fact the only hilly bit is for about 100 meters and that is not at all steep, so to say we are a slog is I feel somewhat of an exaggeration and not the consensus of other guests – please see recent review by JPM634.

THE INN is a family owned award winning establishment run by a dedicated team whose main raison d'être is looking after our guests and giving them a great time in a modern, stylish establishment and serving great food.

On the rare occasion we get reviews such as yours it makes us believe we have somehow failed to do our job as well as we could have. We are so sorry!

Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

First impressions were fantastic. Short walk to St Helier town centre. Friendly staff. Stylish. Nice rooms.

Problems started at night though. The walls in our room were so thin we could hear the tv and conversations of the next room very clearly.

Such a shame as everything else about the hotel was great.

We'll give it one more chance though as there are many positives . Hopefully it was just the room we were in

• Stayed: May 2013
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Hi Snapplesgsy

Thanks for your review and I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay at THE INN.
I am however most sorry that your felt your stay was slightly marred by noise emanating from the room next door.

I can assure you that all our rooms are insulated to reduce noise and I am so sorry on this occasion it was inefficient.

I have no record of any complaints regarding the issue raised and I would be most grateful (as your username is anonymous and I have no way of knowing who you are), if you would email me stephen@theinnjersey.com with your room number, which will enable me to check if we have an issue with this particular room which I am unaware of.

From the enquiries I have made with my reception team it seems you did not mention the problem to them which is a real shame. I am sure you are aware from the rest of your review our guests welfare is the most important thing to us and we would have done our best to find a solution.

I am pleased to read that you would like to stay with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back when hopefully everything will be to you satisfaction.

Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

Me and my fiancé stayed here 2 years ago and we went back this year. I was impressed at how the standards have changed but only for the better which I didn't think was possible being so high in the first place Wow. It's a 15 minute walk from the harbour and you get to experience the lovely scenery jersey has to offer on route to the hotel. Will be booking our next trip for this year August and we won't even look at other hotels. The food is great especially the breakfast and Miguel was fantastic by far the most efficient staff member I have ever seen he couldn't do enough for not only me and my fiancé but other guests too I don't know how he does it but he was everywhere. The whole hotel is superbly run and very well kept. A definate must if you are after a good hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Hi Sebburgess

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your second stay with us and I am delighted that you think we are even better now.

We are continually investing on infrastructure and staff training and comments such as yours means it is paying off.

I will of course pass your comments on to our Miguel, who I know will be over the moon -Thanks so much.

I hope we can welcome you back soon for your 3rd visit.