“Brilliant staff”

Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in St Helier
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Brilliant staff”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I stayed here for a week on business, and I have to say it's the staff that really make this place a nice pace to stay in. The service from start to finish was excellent, food delicious, and the rooms were very clean and very comfortable. My only complaint would be the noise from the bar on the Friday night - but it was Xmas party season and so it is to be expected. I would definately stay here again and would be happy to recommend it to others.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Newstigger
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear Newstigger

I hope you have had a good Christmas.

Thank you so much for all the great things you have said about THE INN our food and the team.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused on the Friday due to the Christmas festivities and thank you for your understanding.

However, I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and have taken the time to tell others.

Stephen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
La Orotava, Spain
Reviewed 20 December 2013

A bargain hotel offering a superb unhurried "eat until you collapse breakfast" with friendly restaurant staff. We booked direct over the phone to take advantage of a low season free night offer, making the stay even better value than expected.

Rooms are nicely refurbished and great for what you pay. Some noise from other selfish guests on one night but not a big issue, nor a fault with the hotel. We overlooked the main road and it was also not an issue, a bit of traffic noise in the mornings only.

15 minutes walk to the center of town. A good choice for those who are on foot as the car parking is rather limited. It was out of season so we had no issues using the small hotel car park. You are permitted to block cars in and leave the keys at reception. Parking is free.

Room Tip: Difficult to say where the best rooms are as the hotel is an old building with many different sizes...
1 Thank Dave G
Dear Realbenidorm

I hope you have had a good Christmas.

We are all delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and have taken the time to tell others.

Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here a few days ago and were so impressed.
The service from start to finish was excellent and the food was delicious.

Tom who served us in the resteraunt both for our evening meal and breakfast was so friendly and made us feel very welcome.
The bar staff were also lovely, especially one lady who made great cocktails.

I have read other reviews on here and am so shocked people have posted bad reviewers.

To us everything about our stay at The Inn was fantastic and I can not reccomend it enough.
Great value, great food and a great room.

We will defiantly be returning.

Room Tip: I would reccomend a superior double on the second floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LizbethV371
Dear LizbethV371

I hope you have had a good Christmas.

Thank you so much for all the great things you have said about THE INN and the team.

Castel, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Thanks for good accommodation and service staff was always helpful and happy.will come again one day it was a package deal from Guernsey and was how 2nd time and we have friends that have returned 4 times and had the same service. Thanks.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Terry642
Hi Terry 642

Wickford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

As a regular visitor to Jersey I with the royal yacht being the usual place of choice we thought we would try the inn boutique as a change and what a pleasant surprise the first thing you will notice is the staff they were exceptional and so friendly the management should be proud, ate in the restaurant as part of the package with every intention of eating somewhere else why bother the food here is fantastic. The only negative comment I have to make is the room I was in was on the ground floor and was very warm so I needed a window open which opened onto the smoking area which was noisy as there was a Christmas party so I would advise a room of the ground floor. Please don't let this one negative put anyone of staying here as every positive about this place far outweighs this minor floor. We will be returning next year that you can be sure of

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor room 103 if you want a window open
2 Thank Dave S
Dear Dave S

I hope you have had a good Christmas.

Thank you so much for all the great things you have said about THE INN our restaurant and the team.

Innerwick
Reviewed 23 November 2013

In life I generally think you get what you pay for! But not here......you get oh so much more! The friendliest staff ever, chic modern decor, amazing food. Lynne made us feel at home from just arriving at The Inn, we arrived around 10 O`clock in the morning yet our room was ready. Lynne took time to find out about us as I was looking to accept a job on Jersey in those 4 days, she helped us with locations, websites and was just a really sweet person. Every memeber of staff treated us in a similar fashion going to have breakfast was like speaking to friends. I have experienced service like this in the past but that was £800 for 2 nights, it left me thinking just how can The Inn offer some much for so little? Even Graham the old ex Royal Navy local who comes in for a pint every night was amazing! The Restraunt Food was amazing at a very good price, I would just like to say thanks for having Debbie and me and I accepted the job probably because you made us feel so welcome. I hope the hotel sees thiss and pass on my thanks to the whole team and give Graham my regards! If you want first class service, food and surroundings at an amazingly good price "GO" dont take my word for it "GO STAY

Room Tip: The Durrell room is excellent for light sleepers.
1 Thank RBroomfield
Hi RBroomfield

I hope you have had a good Christmas.

We are all delighted you enjoyed your sstay with us and have taken the time to tell others.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

You are spoilt for chic when you stay in St Helier and its rather difficult to discriminate between them. However, the Inn Boutique has the friendliest staff that i've encountered anywhere - Reception, bar, chambermaids, restaurant - all of them are a joy to interact with! Its obviously a happy place to work and this reflects so well in the attitude of the staff!
That goes a long way to making a hotel welcoming!

Room Tip: Go high up - there is a road outside - quid at night though!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Brian O

Thanks so much for your great review and I am so pleased your enjoyed your stay with us and we all really appreciate your accolade of being "The friendliest Hotel in Jersey".

We are by nature a happy lot, which is helped by the most amazing guests we have who stay with us.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.