“Thanks for a fab break!”
Review of The Inn Boutique

The Inn Boutique
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in St Helier
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Just come back from a wonderful week in Jersey. We chose to stay at The Inn because it was recommended by friends who raved about its boutique style and great food. Friendly staff welcomed us on arrival and were on hand throughout our stay to make sure we had everything we could wish for and to give tips on where to go, what to see - and share lots of smiles. Loved our room; a suite with all our home-from-home comforts plus a generous dose of luxury to make sure we felt quite spoilt. And the food was fab. Our breakfasts were to die for, setting us up for the day, and as for dinner - there was an amazing choice and sooo tasty! Thanks and looking forward to returning some time soon.

Room Tip: We chose one of the suites and felt so spoilt.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Emma K

Thanks for your wonderful review and I am so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at THE INN and that you loved our restaurant and suite.

The Team also appreciate your comments about them - Thank you.

Hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We have just stayed 2 nights at The Inn, Jersey - what a fabulous hotel. The service is great, the food absolutely yummy. The staff are all really polite and helpful. Would definitely visit again. Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Alison S

Thanks so much for your great review and for taking the time to tell others about you stay with us.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I arrived at The Inn late on a Friday Night. i was meant to be sharing a twin room with a friend but was told it had twin beds but with one mattress. Not ideal so i asked if they had any more rooms. The helpful night porter told me they had a single room available for £49.95 per night. I opted for this as i was very tired and just wanted to sleep.
The Room itself was very clean and had nice shower. However, it was very warm. I opened the window and it soon cooled down. There was a little traffic noise but nothing too bad. I was woke up on the Saturday morning by the cleaner around 8am.
I arrived back at the hotel the next evening ready for a good rest. Unfortunately this was not to be. Just as i was going up to my room a disco started in the hotel function room (2300). I asked the chap behind the bar where was my room in relation to the disco. He pointed right above. The night porter appeared and assured me i would not hear it and it would be finished by midnight. I got to my room and the noise was awful. It was that loud the people in the room next to me packed their bags and left demanding a refund. The music eventually went off at 0.45. the room was still warm so i opened the window. Directly beneath my window were guests of the said function smoking and being loud. The group eventually went (0130) and i thought that was it but no, the staff started moving tables in the function room ready for breakfast. I was then woken up again at 8am by the cleaner.
I was very unhappy and wanted to speak to the duty manager. Only to be told she would not be available until 1300 and was given a email address to write in.
As i have read on previous reviews on trip adviser noise in rooms 114 and 115 is a problem. why is this not pointed out to guests when they check in? The staff were aware that a function was taking place when i checked in. I feel i should have been forewarned about this.
I would strongly advise any potential visitors to the island seek accommodation elsewhere if they dont like noise.
I cant offer a review on the breakfast as i was that exhausted i felt too unwell to eat.
Would i return to The Inn? Defiantly not.

Room Tip: 114-115 above the bar and resturant/function room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank cedricfudge
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear Cedricfudge

It is with great upset that I read your review.

First of all we did not have a reservation for you as your friend had booked a double room for single occupancy and that is why it was made up as one bed.

You had in fact turned up without a booking and the only room we had available was a superior single which as it was late we agreed to let you have at the same price as a standard room.

With regard to the noise emanating from a late season Christmas Party (the last one of the year), I am sorry that the music disturbed you, however I must point out that the disco finished at 1200 and background music played until 1245.

We have recently moved the speakers in the restaurant so that the music does not encroach into the rooms above and I am surprised to read you were disturbed by them and noise from staff moving tables around. I do wish you had phoned reception and we would of course done something about it. I will of course be checking the noise levels first thing tomorrow from the restaurant speakers and if it is still an issue I will be taking further steps to rectify the situation.

To get things into context, we had a full hotel that night and as normal have had some amazing comments from other guest about the time they had with us, the great food and the friendly and attentive service they received from our team. Your review is in fact the 300th on Tripadvisor and readers will see the vast majority agree with them and give us an excellent guest satisfaction score

Having said that I am not saying you have not got a genuine complaint, but it is real shame you did not of contact us directly as advised to do at check out, rather than through a public forum, which would have enabled me to give you a much more personal response.

THE INN is privately owned and run by people who care and reviews such as yours deeply upset us. Likewise I am sure that there are many in this profession who feel the same as me about negative reviews of well-run establishments and I would ask all customers to make contact with management before they post damning reviews, giving the opportunity to put things right when they do not come up to expectations.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Rooms large modern clean and super power shower breakfast both cook and continental great
Our room geound level backing on to smoking garden we had q generator running qll night kept us up and staff arriving every morning made so much noise again woke us up we had about 4 hours sleep with upstairs throwing up qnd walking like an elephant banging draws
We had dogs with us and.cheek when we book in said.any hair we be.charged on place bag in room we.found peanuts qnd clump of hair floor in bathroom was filthy as I.left shower door Open qnd mum wiped it black never been moped Saturday night had.party and we.did sleep till gone midnight to be.woken up again by baby crying if it been our.dogs we.be out but I think they the only one.in our room who slept
When we.said at.dog.show no one.could speak highly of this hotel
Worst holiday had.with our dogs. Hope our normal hotel dont shut next year

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank lindadogs

Dear Lindadogs

I am sorry to read your review and that you were unhappy with your stay and that you felt you were made to feel unwelcome. .

I must point out that we had a booking for yourself, your mother and 1 dog, however when you checked in you had 5 dogs.

If we had been advised of this before hand, we regrettably would not have been able to accept this reservation. However rather than refuse you your booking which could have resulted in you having nowhere to stay as I don't know of any other hotel that would accept 5 dogs (with the exception of the one you mention which is closed) we agreed to book you in on the understanding that if the room needed extra cleaning then we would charge for it, which you agreed. I really feel we bent over backwards to accommodate you.

I have discussed you comments about your bathroom to our housekeeper, who assures me that your bathroom was cleaned to our normal very high standards, however I am unable to check on this as you made no complaint about this during your stay.

You also claim you were disturbed by noise during your stay and if this is this case I must apologies and assure you that we will look into these comments for the benefit of future guests.

I really feel the title of your review is really unfair as we did everything possible to accommodate you and your unexpected party.

Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

In all honesty The Inn doesn't always come to mind straight away when choosing somewhere to go out for dinner, but after the last two experiences it definitely will. Had dinner here twice within the last 2-3 weeks and couldn't fault it. The food is delicious (especially the beef espetada which I had, so tasty!), the decor is very nicely done and the staff are really lovely. Particularly Miguel the food and beverage manager, one of the nicest servers I have ever come across in a restaurant. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Snalyull

Thank you for you wonderful review about our restaurant and I am delighted you have enjoyed our wonderful food (the Beef Espetada is one of my favorites too!).

Thanks also for giving Miguel a special mention for which he is over the moon.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Arrived at the hotel 10:15 Saturday morning to be greeted by a lovely friendly lady receptionist. We were a party of three, she checked us in without making it an issue that we arrived early.
The bedrooms are nice, not overly spacious, however, for one person more than adequate. The bathroom was clean and well appointed. Breakfast was served in good time by a nice chap, don't know his name but very accommodating.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mariox1us

Hi Mariox 1us

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and taking the time to tell others.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This was our fourth trip this time of year but I must say that this was the best hotel yet. We arrived late on Boxing Day and enjoyed a delicious meal in the comfort of the Bar area. Here we met Tom, one of the kitchen staff who served us and he was a joy to meet. He was really friendly, had a mischievious smile and couldn't have been more helpful. He's definately an asset to the hotel. Our room was really cosy and comfortable, super comfy bed and even though we were on the road side, weren't disturbed by the traffic.
Breakfast in the Restaurant was brilliant, great food and as much as you could eat. Tea and coffee served continuously to your table as required.
There is a small car park and the hotel make sure you have a space so no problems there. Reception staff booked our return flight online for us so overall, a fantastic place to stay and I'd highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Had a room with a shower but would've preferred a bath so it's worth enquiring on booking.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Majorcadream
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear Majorcadream

Thank you for your great review and taking the time to tell others

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff friendly and helpful.

Happy New Year