“Lovely hotel with great staff and the food is fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Inn Boutique
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in St Helier
Essex, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel with great staff and the food is fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

My partner and I have stayed at the Inn Boutiqe three times this year. Each time we have not been dissapointed with our stay.

The staff are friendly, attentive and very professional. On our last stay their were a few problems with our room. When I reported them to reception we were moved to another room immediately.

I would like to thank Miguel for my lovely apple surprise desert and Bela for her warm and friendly service throughout our stay,

We would have no difficulty in recommending this lovely hotel. And hope to return soon

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear SK03

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and taking the time to tell others.

I am sorry there were issues with your first room and I appreciate your understanding and delighted you were happy with your room change.

I hope we can welcome you back soon for your 4th visit.

Stephen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Guernsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Excellent customer service. My mother and I spent the weekend in Jersey to do some shopping and ended up being stuck on the island for an extra two days due to bad weather. The staff could not do enough to help us. They were all, without exception, friendly, polite and efficient. The food was great quality and all reasonably priced. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Hannah

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

I am so pleased we were able to make your extended stay in Jersey as enjoyable as possible during the recent spell of bad weather and really appreciate all the nice things you have said about us.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

Pontypridd, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in a standard room on the ground floor - room a little small but very clean and had everything we needed. Staff were very friendly and full breakfast was very good. The restaurant in the evenings seems extremely popular so booking would be necessary. For the 2 nights we stayed (Friday & Saturday) there was a live singer in the bar area. The car park is across the road and is tiny, we struggled to get in during winter so I image at peak season you would be lucky to get a space. We paid a very good price for the room which was on special offer at the time, I believe the full price of £137 per night is overpriced.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tequilacat
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear tequiacat

Thank you for you comments and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your review, although very positive could lead some readers with some doubt about THE INN and its facilities and I hope you don't mind me clarifying a couple of points.

We are not a B & B but an award winning small boutique hotel with 36 rooms and suites, a 60 seat restaurant (which as you point out is very popular both with our guests and locals), Bar, 24 hour room service and many other facilities.

There are many hotels in St Helier that are not as fortunate as we are to have a car park and overall ours has sufficient spaces. When full we move cars around for guests and this works all year round.

You mention our full rate, which I believe still represents great value but I would urge potential guests to check out our website for the best rate of the day.

Once again thank you for your review and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Just come back from a wonderful week in Jersey. We chose to stay at The Inn because it was recommended by friends who raved about its boutique style and great food. Friendly staff welcomed us on arrival and were on hand throughout our stay to make sure we had everything we could wish for and to give tips on where to go, what to see - and share lots of smiles. Loved our room; a suite with all our home-from-home comforts plus a generous dose of luxury to make sure we felt quite spoilt. And the food was fab. Our breakfasts were to die for, setting us up for the day, and as for dinner - there was an amazing choice and sooo tasty! Thanks and looking forward to returning some time soon.

Room Tip: We chose one of the suites and felt so spoilt.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Emma K

Thanks for your wonderful review and I am so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at THE INN and that you loved our restaurant and suite.

The Team also appreciate your comments about them - Thank you.

Hope we can welcome you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

We have just stayed 2 nights at The Inn, Jersey - what a fabulous hotel. The service is great, the food absolutely yummy. The staff are all really polite and helpful. Would definitely visit again. Thank you.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Alison S

Thanks so much for your great review and for taking the time to tell others about you stay with us.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

I arrived at The Inn late on a Friday Night. i was meant to be sharing a twin room with a friend but was told it had twin beds but with one mattress. Not ideal so i asked if they had any more rooms. The helpful night porter told me they had a single room available for £49.95 per night. I opted for this as i was very tired and just wanted to sleep.
The Room itself was very clean and had nice shower. However, it was very warm. I opened the window and it soon cooled down. There was a little traffic noise but nothing too bad. I was woke up on the Saturday morning by the cleaner around 8am.
I arrived back at the hotel the next evening ready for a good rest. Unfortunately this was not to be. Just as i was going up to my room a disco started in the hotel function room (2300). I asked the chap behind the bar where was my room in relation to the disco. He pointed right above. The night porter appeared and assured me i would not hear it and it would be finished by midnight. I got to my room and the noise was awful. It was that loud the people in the room next to me packed their bags and left demanding a refund. The music eventually went off at 0.45. the room was still warm so i opened the window. Directly beneath my window were guests of the said function smoking and being loud. The group eventually went (0130) and i thought that was it but no, the staff started moving tables in the function room ready for breakfast. I was then woken up again at 8am by the cleaner.
I was very unhappy and wanted to speak to the duty manager. Only to be told she would not be available until 1300 and was given a email address to write in.
As i have read on previous reviews on trip adviser noise in rooms 114 and 115 is a problem. why is this not pointed out to guests when they check in? The staff were aware that a function was taking place when i checked in. I feel i should have been forewarned about this.
I would strongly advise any potential visitors to the island seek accommodation elsewhere if they dont like noise.
I cant offer a review on the breakfast as i was that exhausted i felt too unwell to eat.
Would i return to The Inn? Defiantly not.

Room Tip: 114-115 above the bar and resturant/function room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank cedricfudge
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Dear Cedricfudge

It is with great upset that I read your review.

First of all we did not have a reservation for you as your friend had booked a double room for single occupancy and that is why it was made up as one bed.

You had in fact turned up without a booking and the only room we had available was a superior single which as it was late we agreed to let you have at the same price as a standard room.

With regard to the noise emanating from a late season Christmas Party (the last one of the year), I am sorry that the music disturbed you, however I must point out that the disco finished at 1200 and background music played until 1245.

We have recently moved the speakers in the restaurant so that the music does not encroach into the rooms above and I am surprised to read you were disturbed by them and noise from staff moving tables around. I do wish you had phoned reception and we would of course done something about it. I will of course be checking the noise levels first thing tomorrow from the restaurant speakers and if it is still an issue I will be taking further steps to rectify the situation.

To get things into context, we had a full hotel that night and as normal have had some amazing comments from other guest about the time they had with us, the great food and the friendly and attentive service they received from our team. Your review is in fact the 300th on Tripadvisor and readers will see the vast majority agree with them and give us an excellent guest satisfaction score

Having said that I am not saying you have not got a genuine complaint, but it is real shame you did not of contact us directly as advised to do at check out, rather than through a public forum, which would have enabled me to give you a much more personal response.

THE INN is privately owned and run by people who care and reviews such as yours deeply upset us. Likewise I am sure that there are many in this profession who feel the same as me about negative reviews of well-run establishments and I would ask all customers to make contact with management before they post damning reviews, giving the opportunity to put things right when they do not come up to expectations.

northants
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Rooms large modern clean and super power shower breakfast both cook and continental great
Our room geound level backing on to smoking garden we had q generator running qll night kept us up and staff arriving every morning made so much noise again woke us up we had about 4 hours sleep with upstairs throwing up qnd walking like an elephant banging draws
We had dogs with us and.cheek when we book in said.any hair we be.charged on place bag in room we.found peanuts qnd clump of hair floor in bathroom was filthy as I.left shower door Open qnd mum wiped it black never been moped Saturday night had.party and we.did sleep till gone midnight to be.woken up again by baby crying if it been our.dogs we.be out but I think they the only one.in our room who slept
When we.said at.dog.show no one.could speak highly of this hotel
Worst holiday had.with our dogs. Hope our normal hotel dont shut next year

• Stayed January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lindadogs
Dear Lindadogs

I am sorry to read your review and that you were unhappy with your stay and that you felt you were made to feel unwelcome. .

I must point out that we had a booking for yourself, your mother and 1 dog, however when you checked in you had 5 dogs.

If we had been advised of this before hand, we regrettably would not have been able to accept this reservation. However rather than refuse you your booking which could have resulted in you having nowhere to stay as I don't know of any other hotel that would accept 5 dogs (with the exception of the one you mention which is closed) we agreed to book you in on the understanding that if the room needed extra cleaning then we would charge for it, which you agreed. I really feel we bent over backwards to accommodate you.

I have discussed you comments about your bathroom to our housekeeper, who assures me that your bathroom was cleaned to our normal very high standards, however I am unable to check on this as you made no complaint about this during your stay.

You also claim you were disturbed by noise during your stay and if this is this case I must apologies and assure you that we will look into these comments for the benefit of future guests.

I really feel the title of your review is really unfair as we did everything possible to accommodate you and your unexpected party.