“Enjoyable stay”

Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in St Helier
West Sussex
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Having seen several pictures of this hotel I knew that it rather "stands out" from the surrounding buildings courtesy of the colour scheme and I was hoping that it wasn't repeated too much inside! I need not have concerned myself as this is a very nicely decorated hotel with pleasant, attractive public areas and we had a very nice room. If you are at the back the view is not exactly enthralling but we did not plan on sitting looking out the window all day and didn't expect a panorama and were quite happy with what we had. Lovely bed with separate reading lights (often missed by other hotels). The roomy bathroom was particularly impressive with its walk-in shower although the clear glass panels in the door seemed a little odd but easily covered by the bathrobe hanging on the door. Everything nice and clean and working. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the food in the restaurant was well presented and tasty. The location is a bit of a walk from the centre but not that bad. If we make a return visit to St.Helier I think we would plan to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WestSaxon
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear WestSaxon

Thank you so much for your great review.

I am so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I really appreciate you taking the time to tell others.

Stephen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Halstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We loved our stay at this hotel. We were upgraded to a lovely room on the top floor - always a good start. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was excellent with great food and good service. Lovely breakfast. Good bar with live music on Friday and Saturday evening and sport being shown on Saturday and Sunday afternoon. Could maybe do with a lick of paint in some of the communal areas.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Joanne264

Thanks for your review and the great things you said about us.

We are very proud of our restaurant and I am so please you highlighted this in your comments.

I note what you said about the lick of paint in the communal areas. I can assure you we are on top of this and we have a very busy maintenance programme every winter.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

A lovely hotel with an excellent Restaurant. The staff were very friendly and the food was delicious. It's not cheap but it made our stay on jersey very special. The hotel is a little out of town but not too far. We didn't have a car so parking wasn't an issue . I recommend it

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin R
Dear Kevin R

Thank you so much for your great review and for recommending THE INN.

I am so pleased you liked our restaurant and I know Miguel and his team will be delighted by you comments.

Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My partner and I have stayed at the Inn Boutiqe three times this year. Each time we have not been dissapointed with our stay.

The staff are friendly, attentive and very professional. On our last stay their were a few problems with our room. When I reported them to reception we were moved to another room immediately.

I would like to thank Miguel for my lovely apple surprise desert and Bela for her warm and friendly service throughout our stay,

We would have no difficulty in recommending this lovely hotel. And hope to return soon

• Stayed February 2014
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear SK03

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and taking the time to tell others.

I am sorry there were issues with your first room and I appreciate your understanding and delighted you were happy with your room change.

I hope we can welcome you back soon for your 4th visit.

Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Excellent customer service. My mother and I spent the weekend in Jersey to do some shopping and ended up being stuck on the island for an extra two days due to bad weather. The staff could not do enough to help us. They were all, without exception, friendly, polite and efficient. The food was great quality and all reasonably priced. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Hannah

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

I am so pleased we were able to make your extended stay in Jersey as enjoyable as possible during the recent spell of bad weather and really appreciate all the nice things you have said about us.

Kind regards

Pontypridd, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in a standard room on the ground floor - room a little small but very clean and had everything we needed. Staff were very friendly and full breakfast was very good. The restaurant in the evenings seems extremely popular so booking would be necessary. For the 2 nights we stayed (Friday & Saturday) there was a live singer in the bar area. The car park is across the road and is tiny, we struggled to get in during winter so I image at peak season you would be lucky to get a space. We paid a very good price for the room which was on special offer at the time, I believe the full price of £137 per night is overpriced.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tequilacat
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear tequiacat

Thank you for you comments and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your review, although very positive could lead some readers with some doubt about THE INN and its facilities and I hope you don't mind me clarifying a couple of points.

We are not a B & B but an award winning small boutique hotel with 36 rooms and suites, a 60 seat restaurant (which as you point out is very popular both with our guests and locals), Bar, 24 hour room service and many other facilities.

There are many hotels in St Helier that are not as fortunate as we are to have a car park and overall ours has sufficient spaces. When full we move cars around for guests and this works all year round.

You mention our full rate, which I believe still represents great value but I would urge potential guests to check out our website for the best rate of the day.

Once again thank you for your review and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Just come back from a wonderful week in Jersey. We chose to stay at The Inn because it was recommended by friends who raved about its boutique style and great food. Friendly staff welcomed us on arrival and were on hand throughout our stay to make sure we had everything we could wish for and to give tips on where to go, what to see - and share lots of smiles. Loved our room; a suite with all our home-from-home comforts plus a generous dose of luxury to make sure we felt quite spoilt. And the food was fab. Our breakfasts were to die for, setting us up for the day, and as for dinner - there was an amazing choice and sooo tasty! Thanks and looking forward to returning some time soon.

Room Tip: We chose one of the suites and felt so spoilt.