“Cheerful & Friendly Staff”
Review of The Inn Boutique

The Inn Boutique
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in St Helier
Midlands
“Cheerful & Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

The room whilst very small for a 'Superior room' was very comfortable. The only real complaint was the sound of an air conditioning unit when the windows were open. It was a real bonus to have the slippers & gowns, also great big bath towels and face flannels. There was plenty of tea/coffee in the room. It was useful to be given a pack containing leaflets etc on local places to visit and a map of Jersey and St Helier. It was nice to be able to leave the car and walk into town. The breakfasts were superb with plenty of choice. We had one evening meal which was also superb. Many thanks to Tom who was always smiling and attended to all our needs.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a suite for more room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank XenaDog
Jerseystephen, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Xenadog

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am sorry that you were disturbed by the AC.

I'm not sure if you asked for a room change, as we would have of course done our best if we could have as our guests comfort is always our priority.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Stephen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Faro, Portugal
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed at this Hotel for 5 nights, as I was visiting old friends. My first night did not get off to a good start. I booked a single room, which was small and located at the back of the hotel.The heating didn't work properly. When I opened the cupboard to make a cup of tea, there was a half eaten biscuit that had been pushed back into the opened packet. I did not sleep well as there was a low humming noise, presumably from the kitchen, and the small window was not double glazed.

The next morning I complained about the above, and I was moved to a superior double room at the front of the Hotel at no extra cost. The window was double glazed and even though the room was facing the road, I could not hear the traffic. The room was ok, and the bathroom was modern.

I ordered room service for breakfast every morning which was excellent, and there was a morning newspaper hanging from the door each morning. The staff were polite and helpful.

The small car park was across the road. It was a bit of a squeeze, and if there were not enough spaces, you had to leave your key at the reception for them to move the cars around.

All in all a pleasant stay, but it is not somewhere that I would stay again. ,

Room Tip: Make sure the windows have double glazing...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Wotchew
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Wotchew.

It is of course regrettable that you had issues with your first room a standard single, however I am so pleased that my staff took the initiative to upgrade you at no extra charge in the hope that the remainder of your stay was comfortable and to make up for the fact that the first night was not how you would have liked it to have been.

I must point out that all our rooms are double glazed including those at the rear.

It does seem from the final paragraph of your review that we did not tick all your boxes and it is with sadness I read you will not be staying with us again despite the fact that you had a pleasant stay.

Birmingham
Reviewed 9 May 2014

On entry, the hotel is very nice, the bar area looks good and is bright and airy. the hotel reception is just behind the bar and we were welcomed pleasantly by the receptionist. Once we went upstairs it was a bit maze like, thin narrow corridors going off in various directions. Although my room was ok it was nothing special, it was billed as a superior double and although it had a big bed there wasn't much else space wise. It had a TV & DVD player, iPhone docking station and tea & coffee tray so not bad in terms of facilities. My main niggle was that the room didn't feel spotlessly clean like a hotel room should be; the skirting boards looked grubby and had a tea stain on and there was scuffs on the walls; the bathroom seemed ok but was plain and simple, I did notice a hair on the tiles also.
I booked this hotel because it billed itself as a 'boutique' hotel. In my mind boutique means modern, maybe a little funky, quirky and crispy clean...although downstairs it is a bit like this, it's lost as you enter the rooms.
A tip...make sure you get breakfast included, they charge a fortune otherwise!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Stephenclipp, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear JerrardDrivers

Thank you for your review.

First of all I must apologies if you felt you had an issue with your room.

As these reviews are anonymous I am unable to check which room you were in, however I have brought you comments to the attention of my Head Housekeeper who like me is sorry if on this occasion her teams work was not up to it their normal high standards.

Of course we will take your comments on board, however I do believe The Inn is the most individual hotel in Jersey with many quirky and fun features, great food and some of the friendliest staff you will find.

scotland
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Booked a standard room which was clean, well decorated, but compact and although the size of the room was not an issue the size of the bed was. It had a double bed which even though it was comfortable seemed very cramped but if you are used to a double and not kingsize bed this will not be an issue and it is great value for money. I asked if I could pay extra to get a room with a larger bed and this was done. The second room (the Pierson Suite) was superb/. The room was much bigger with a sitting area, armchairs, and a large flat screen TV. The bathroom had a great power shower and Jacuzzi bath. There was road noise in both bedrooms at times but that is not the fault of the hotel it is just modern life where traffic is heavy and St Helier is no exception. Guests have complained about the size of the car park and although it is small we had no trouble parking and if it is busy the staff park your car for you. How many three star hotels do you know that has valet parking? There are many hotels without any parking facilities at all. But the thing that makes the hotel is the food which is plentiful and very tasty (and not overpriced). The breakfast will set you up for the day. The staff were all very nice and very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. If you are thinking of booking this hotel go ahead you will not regret it. If I go back to Jersey this is the hotel I will choose to stay in again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vic53
Dear Vic53

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for your great review, I really appreciate the content and the information you have provided for future guests.

I do hope we can welcome you back soon.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed here with my husband and friends over the Easter weekend. The room was clean and comfortable and the public areas were also good, but it was the exceptional service from Bela that made the stay memorable. She waited on us at breakfast and dinner, always doing the best that she could to meet our needs whilst injecting a bit of humour. In short she was delightful, a real treasure.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TAMember021620123
Dear TAmember021620

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for your great review.

I cant wait to show Bela, she will be over the moon - Thank you!

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Accrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a 3 night stay here. It was our 1st trip to Jersey and we loved it! Thanks to all the friendly staff at The Inn who were helpful, pleasant, polite and cheery. We had a superior room which was spotlessly clean and spacious enough. We ate at the Inn twice as the food was lovely.
We got a day trip bus ticket for £7 each which meant you could get on and off as many buses you wanted in a day. Would recommend a visit to Gorey and Greve de Lecq as both were pretty in different ways.
We are already planning to return next year

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KarenandNick_12
Dear Karenandnick_12

Thanks for your great review and I am so delighted you enjoyed both our beautiful island and THE INN on your first visit to Jersey.

We all look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My Wife, Daughter and myself decided that after a absence of eleven years, it was time to pay a return trip to Jersey. So after trawling the internet we found a good deal, with late rooms .com.
A return flight from E.M.A and a reservation at The Inn Boutique.
The hotel was a delight, from arrival to departure, swift efficient check in, we were allocated the Victor Hugo suite, this comprised of a main double bedded room plus a single room and bathroom with bath/shower, wash basin and WC. Bathrobes and slippers, towels, face clothes and soaps were provided, also tea and coffee plus kettle.
The restaurant was well spaced and the food was of very high quality, the staff were very friendly and you only had to ask and whatever you requested it was brought to you.
The hotel is about fifteen minutes walk away from the seafront, but this should not deter anyone from booking this gem of an hotel.
As I have previously stated the staff are all very friendly but a special mention to Tom a waiter in the restaurant, he was always laughing very friendly and from the word go made you fell very welcome.
So if you are thinking of booking this hotel, then do so, go and enjoy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Barry512
Dear Barry 512

Thanks for your great review and I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Thanks for mentioning the staff and when I showed Tom your review his smile was even larger.

I hope we can welcome you back soon