“Good value hotel!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in St Helier
Suffolk, England
“Good value hotel!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed for a week and, overall, enjoyed the hotel.
Positives first : a clean, comfortable and welcoming hotel. Good breakfasts served by a willing and friendly staff. Rooms are compact rather than spacious, but are well-equipped and kept immaculately by the housekeeping staff. The hotel is located a 12-15 minute walk from the centre of St Helier...not a problem for us but something to consider.
Negative point : the hotel is immediately alongside a very busy road and the traffic noise (even for St Helier) is intrusive, especially in hot weather when it's necessary to keep bedroom windows open.

1 Thank Krefelder
Dear Krefelder

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am sorry you felt that the road noise was intrusive but St Helier is a busy town and at times has too much traffic which does not just affect us but most other town hotels and hope on reflection you feel the unique features of our much loved hotel mitigated this for you.

Stephen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
stornoway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

we spent 5 nights last week in june, we enjoyed our stay very mutch and would have little problem recomending or staying again. we found most of the staff to be very pleasant and engaging in particular tom!! he made my sisters feel very special. sadly they needed that, and tom must have identified it.
we were aware of the hotels location and were not bothered by any traffic noise, as a previous reviewer stated perhaps people should look a bit closer before booking instead of making negative remarks when its to late.
we had the only 2 rooms on the third floor and it allowed us to interact well betwen the superb suites we had cant remember the names but they were superb!!
and we loved the free ice on demand!

Room Tip: check reviews before booking, because all the issues with the hotel are there, as any hotel. this...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Holmviews

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will certainly pass your comments on to Tom who I know he will be delighted with his mention.

Hope we can welcome you back soon

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We spent a long weekend here in 2012. The hotel is a little out of town but not too far and was within walking distance of the shops and sea front. The room was very nice if a little cosy.
However the bar and restaurant were excellent. Very modern and with a great selection of cocktails and meals. We loved our stay here.

Stayed September 2013
Dear Kevin R

Thanks for your great 2nd review.

I'm delighted you loved staying with us again and we would love to welcome you back soon.

Gosport
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We booked a 3 night stay last weekend.
The staff were very friendly and very helpful, always smiling and obviously happy in there job's.
The manageress was very helpful and delightful.
The room was pleasant but very hot. The bed was so comfortable.
The outside was terribly noisy and we had to keep the windows open, had we had air condition that would of helped.
We were high up and the noise was just as bad !
The breakfast was very nice, how ever the one evening meal we had was very disappointing after reading the reviews.
Tom in the restaurant made our stay he was so funny.
If you could pick this hotel up and move it somewhere quiet we would certainly return.

Room Tip: Take ear plugs and some sleeping tablets because all rooms face the main road !
Jerseystephen, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Hi Ruth P

Thanks for your review/

I am so pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and I really appreciate as do my team including Tom the great things you have said.

St Helier is a busy town it does have a lot of traffic. Most town hotels both in the centre and on the outskirts do suffer from an element of traffic noise at certain times and I am sorry if you found that an inconvenience.

I discussed your comments with Lynne our General Manager and she is surprised that you were disappointed with your meal in our restaurant. Lynne remembers speaking to you and asking you if everything was OK with your food and receiving a positive response. I would therefore be most grateful if you could email me stephen@theinnjersey.com and let me know why you were not totally satisfied.

Oxford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We decided on a weekend break for a taster of Jersey and we weren't disappointed. Beautiful rooms, friendly staff, great food, brilliant location...what more can we say? Definately returning as soon as we can :-)

Room Tip: Rooms are given names, we were in 'Bergerac' excellent!
Beith, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed here for two nights for business. Reasonably priced, with a very popular restaurant bar menu. Food was good if a bit predictable. Unfortunately there was a number of fire alarm activation during my stay and as my room was overlooking the ( main ish) road, the quality of sleep wasn't great. My room was fairly small but the bed was comfortable. I'd probably stay again.

Room Tip: Not overlooking the road or near the lift
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jerseystephen, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Londonsiouxie

Thank you for your review.

We are so sorry the fire alarms went off last Monday Night and interrupted your sleep . This was a very unfortunate incident caused by a fault in the system which was rectified by an engineer from G4S the following day.

I'm sure similar occurrences happen at all hotels now and again as It has happened to me a number of times when I have been away.

Having said that this incident was so upsetting for so many and we really appreciate your understanding - Thank you!

I note your comment about room size, however you did book a superior single room. Hopefully you will stay with us again and if you would like a larger room may I suggest a double for sole occupancy which will be larger

I am surprised you felt our menu is "predictable" and I'm really not sure how you can say this.

Yes we do have the favourites which I believe are cooked to perfection and beautifully presented by a very talented team of chefs plus our menus include many different offerings such as:

Chilli and Ginger Beef
Mediterranean Mezze Plate
Local Scallops
Grouville Oysters
Espetadas (From Madeira, skewers of different meats and fish)
Sizzlers
Daily specials board with catch of the day
plus a choice of vegetarian and healthy options and extras such as whole grain rice pasta/rice and Quinoa

Our food offering is one of the best you will find in Jersey and our menus are available on our website.

I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon and please don't hesitate in calling us direct so that we can discuss your room preference with you.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night while on business, looked forward to my stay based on reviews. Room was small but expected that as I had only booked a single. It was on the first floor above the smoking area and next to the main road so was a little noisy at times and had the aroma of cigarette smoke rising up to my window which wasnt too nice, needed the window open as it was a warm evening so would have been roasting otherwise.

Overall service levels were good apart from the receptionist who needs to learn to smile and look a little more interested in the hotel customers, Other staff were helpful and polite.

Breakfast was good with a nice selection of cooked and cold options.

Bar and dinning areas were smart and modern some other areas looked a little more worn in places.

Overall perfectly adequate and good value but would look elsewhere if staying longer next time .

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jerseystephen, Owner at The Inn Boutique, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Matt G

Thank you for your review.

I note your comment about your room being over our smoking area. I must point out that apart from a small smoking area on our outdoor patio the whole of THE INN is non smoking and if you had of pointed out to us that this was troubling you we would have done out best to move you to another room.

As you will see from the vast majority of other reviews our staff are always being complimented about their friendly service. Our receptionists Jackie, Ana-Maria and Carmelia are normally three happy individuals and I can assure you that their number one priority is our guests. I am therefore very sorry if you felt on this occasion one of them did not reach our normal high standards of service.