“Reasonable Prices, Poor Quality”
Review of Harlem Cafe Bar Restaurant - CLOSED

Harlem Cafe Bar Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Went to Harlem for a meal for a friend's birthday. Never had been before but I had heard some good reviews about it so I was excited to go. There are good points and bad:

Good Points:
* Reasonably priced

Bad Points:
* Staff were sloppy. Constantly standing there by the door making the place look untidy.
* They allowed my friend to book a table even though they knew they had a private function
* They allowed walk-in customers to come in even though there was a private function
* Staff started clearing plates from our table whilst some of us were still eating.
* We had to ASK for a drinks menu
* I had to ASK for my dressing for my salad even though on the menu it said that the salad
was drizzled with the dressing

After my experience at Harlem, I will NEVER go again!!!

2  Thank Alisha B

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Took an hour and a half to get any food on the table. Food was OK when it got there.

Got free drinks for the delay which was thoughtful. Otherwise would have given one star.

Staff seem curiously difficult to attract the attention of!

1  Thank DaveSwin
Reviewed 26 April 2014

3rd person on the island to complete the harlem food challenge
I totally smashed it. Wasn't even hungry....
Don't even care !

However despite my food and drinks being free, I would advise against anyone actually eating there. food is mediocre at best and the service sucked.

With the acceptation of one lovely women, whom we were not allowed to tip because the 2 vultures working there, who were rude and we had to ask them not to serve us (manger included) tried to take her tip and told her she wasn't allowed it....

I asked if the food was made to order and was told yes, then found out it was frozen and ordered in !

1  Thank Aar0n_133
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Never have I received replies from a waitress like I did last night. Although, friendly she knew nothing about the food on the menus, gave poor responses and actually thought she was funny. In need of adult interaction lessons

1  Thank Jillio2711
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Terrible service, had to wait an hour and a half for our dinner because they forgot (!) to send our order to the kitchen. Hot rocks not available as they had all been used. Tuna not available. Or tartare sauce (had to ask twice for the sauce before they told us it had run out). Some of the meals arrived cold and had to be sent back. Staff attitude was abysmal. Will definitely not be going for a return visit.

1  Thank JoeySarah