“Reasonable food, service a let down”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Banjo

Banjo
Ranked #12 of 222 Restaurants in St Helier
Price range: US$19 - US$45
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Banjo, a European-style grand brasserie located next to the Market in a restored 10,000 sq ft former Victorian Gentlemen's Club, is the biggest Jersey Pottery venue to date, with two restaurants and a bar, as well as three private dinning and conference rooms for parties, weddings and corporate events. There are also four beautifully decorated bedrooms for overnight stays. The design of Banjo is inspired by some of the most stunning urban brasseries and bars from around the world whilst retaining the best features of the historic St Helier building that was purpose-built for entertaining
Jersey, Channel Islands
“Reasonable food, service a let down”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

I've been a couple of times to entertain at Banjo, thinking one would be through fairly quickly with just a main course. On a table of 5 people it took about 1 3/4 hours for a main and coffee only. On another occasion, with a table of 10 at 1230, we ordered before all other tables and again it took about two hours for a main dish but this time no time for coffee. I remember asking for for some extra sauce for my dish; it took 25 minutes to arrive by which time I was just finishing my dish.

Overall, the food is pretty good, perhaps costly but they have a real issue with service. Having spoken to some friends who have been independently of me, they've made the same comment. Come on Jersey Pottery and Jones family, you can deliver better than this.

1 Thank tycariadus

• Polish first
Jersey,
“Banjoicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

We visited Banjo on an impulse to celebrate various acheivements. The desk was welcoming on arrival and although we were early our table was ready and we were shown to our table. The service was excellent and the timing impecible. Even when the bill was a little slow coming we were offered an apology! The food was delicious especially the scallops to start and the famous bomb which was fabulous. Over all a lovely evening in a welcoming restaurant (I loved the wallpaper down by the loos as it changes colour - red and green when I entered the bathroom and a lovely blue and green when I left) great decor and fab food.

Jersey
“Beautiful Banjo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

Perfect. Elegance, superb food. Very expensive, but worth it! Service is exceptional. Can stay over if need/would like to (did not do this)

Visited November 2012
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Ladies night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

We had a meal here on sunday evening. From arriving to leaving the service and attention to detail was excellent. We both enjoy fine dining and consider this to be one of the best,the food is superb....Will be back on our next visit to Jersey cant wait !!

Jersey
“Couldn't fault it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

We had a superb lunch at banjo this week. I simply could not fault it. The service was excellent, the food wonderful and it was full on a midweek lunch, making a good atmosphere.
Great extensive menu, I had crab cakes which were gorgeous, sea bass, and the best warm chocolate brownie you could ever have. I like the mini wine carafes, nice touch! I like the decor, the iconic building and the service was superb.
Well done Jones family, you have cracked it! I will definitely go back.

3 Thank LoobyJersey