“RYA Powerboat level 2 tuition and assessment”
Review of Island RIB Voyages

Island RIB Voyages
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Every trip with Island RIB Voyages is a unique experience. Visit and walk local sandbanks, take a picnic to one of the offshore reefs, spot seals and dolphins, or just enjoy the sunshine and peacefullness of Les Ecrehous or Les Minquiers. If you are feeling more adventures, why not get together with some friends and plan a trip to Carteret or Chausey, where you can spend the day relaxing, and enjoying the company of our foreign friends, their food and drink.
Reviewed 19 November 2017

I have used Island RIB Voyages several times over the past two years and have enjoyed trips to Carteret, Sark, Les Echreous and Herm. Fabulous every time.
I have always fancied driving my own RIB.
Imagine my delight when I spotted on their website that they have just become an accredited RYA training centre. Because I am retired I can be very flexible with my time and expressed my wish to take part straight away. Mario duly enrolled me in one of his earliest Powerboat 2 courses. I have to say it was absorbing and demanding but I felt that I came away with a sound grounding in how to drive a RIB. The course was delivered with a wealth of professional knowledge and fair and developmental encouragement, laced with great humour. It was a thoroughly enjoyable two days, full on. I learned something new at every stage, even though I have been boating all of my life.

All reviews
in 49 reviews
"crew"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 7 September 2017

had a 2 hour visit to the Ecrehous with Charlie and Rob. well organised and fantastic experience. went out of their way to try and find a pod of dolphins on way over (didn't find them though :-( )
on way back did see a few seals and had a bit of fun running alongside their other rib and a bit of "freestyling" in the bay before landing!!
good value for money and well worth a visit to the lovely islands, although they can be busy with visiting boats when the weather is good

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Very well organised trip with fantastic views. Mario our guide was a true gem and we were amazed by not only the islands but dolphins and seals. Once out on the Ecrohous islands we had time for a swim and a quick snack before heading back to St Catherine's harbour where we were treated to a few fast spins in the boat. A truly memorable and value for money trip and strongly recommended.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Great North Coast trip today. First time for young grandchildren and Mario made it for them, joking with them and letting them think they were doing a very important job helping with the mooring ropes etc. Thoroughly recommend Island Rib Voyages