“Pub food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Food and service was good, however a bit of a kerfuffle about the discount voucher I had got at the airport

There are newer reviews for Le Hocq Inn

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Went there Mothers Day (30 March), not a mother but the wife and I had been low water fishing and so we were famished. Turned up at gone two o'clock and whilst there were tables the Manager wasn't sure if they had any food left given it was Mothers Day and they'd been full. Checked with the chef and then seated us having told us what was still on. Bought the food, and added and a little extra yorky pud given I was so hungry, nice touch. The food was absolutely excellent, very much restaurant quality and style, not pub food at all.

Very pleasantly surprised as we had expected a pub lunch, but it was also very, very good value, three courses that left you very full for £19.95, I know it was the Mothers Day set menu but still, cracking value! Staff were all very pleasant and helpful. We shall go again.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Seemed like a typical pub when i went through to the entrance, with what seemed like a big game of football on (something im not interested in). We were greeted very well. did not book a table but staff were friendly. Did not except too much but really surprised.had the salmon with crab rissotto - really good and my partner had a burger - double burger with loads on it and from a local supplier - the chunky chips were great. prices were reasonable will be back

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Le Hocq Inn is the start/end point of one of the walking routes in the 'Ale Trails' leaflet, produced by Jersey Tourism. At the end of our walk we had lunch in the Inn. The food, from the Tennerfest menu, was very good and the two ladies who were staffing the place were delightful. On leaving, one of them presented us with a sea shell! Nice memento of our visit.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We've tried this pub during the tennerfest (2013). The service wasn't great at all, even our drink took ages to arrive, while the staff looked like they were really enjoying themselves. I would have appreciated if the manager who walked pass us several times would have asked if we enjoyed ourselves too instead of just trying to look important.The only thing I can't put a finger on was the food. It was really tasty, better than usually in these type of places. So thumbs up for the chef, I would only return if they did delivery, so I wouldn't have to wait ages and look at the arrogant staff!