We never stay in the same hotel twice. We consider the hotel as part of the adventure of visiting a place, especially if we are revisiting a city or country. I do stay in the same hotels for business but this was purely for pleasure.
We stayed at the Grand in Summer 2010. Although generally wowed by the location, facilities, staff, etc. all the ingredients did not mix well together. It seemed everything was there but not in the right order. I wrote a review thereafter and pointed out how I thought it could create the right mix.
We returned for the May Bank Holiday weekend. We were greeted like long lost family when we arrived! Everyone we had met before welcoming us - in all my years I had never experienced such warmth. Blushing, we were quite chuffed - made us feel valued, like VIPs!
We had booked a suite as they offered us an excellent rate (I just couldn't refuse!!!) and it was perfect - overlooking Elizabeth Castle which remains one of my favourite views in Jersey. It really is worthwhile having a chat with the Reservations Manager to see what offers there are - the speed of his succinct replies is exceptional.
Had the last review had any effect on the hotel? Absolutely. It seemed all but one area had noted our suggestions. There was still vast room for improvement in the Bar - service was sluggish, table mats got wet - it let the rest of the hotel down. We had to even go looking to get service. This is such a pity as it is a lovely space with an exceptional view of the sea. But the rest of the hotel was brilliant. It was not only the sharpening up of the service and standards, the aim to reach the hotel's full potential, it was the sense of confidence and pride which was such a new feature and atmosphere. And well they may be proud. This is an excellent hotel and we will be back again (and I reckon again too!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Jersey is the island’s stylish, sophisticated hotel and spa, presenting guests an exceptional experience. It offers the ultimate in comfort and glamour, through a blend of sophisticated restaurants, the exclusive, atmospheric Champagne Lounge and the luxurious, award winning Spa. Grand Jersey also features the innovative Park Suites – a dedicated business centre with private cinema, meeting rooms and flexible events spaces. Whether you’re visiting Jersey for a short break, summer holiday or business, you are assured of a wonderful stay. Grand Jersey is committed to the highest standards of service and excellence which is why the hotel is one of only two on the island to be awarded five stars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Jersey Hotel St. Helier
- Grand Jersey St Helier
- Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa St Helier