“Grand jersey 100%”

Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in St Helier
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Grand jersey 100%”
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Just spent the best few days in jersey at the grand hotel. All the time we were there every member off staff made us feel at home. Will definitely return soon.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Daniel M
MelissaCrowther, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for your great review of Grand Jersey. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others and look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Jersey in the near future.

Kind regards,
Eamonn Elliott.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I spent a weekend at the Grand with my fiancé and thoroughly enjoyed it. We had an executive sea room which had an excellent view of Elizabeth Castle, balcony area, huge bed and seating area with large TV. The bed is incredibly comfy and the curtains shut out all the light so you can get a proper night's sleep. The only minor downside is that the bathroom could do with updating to match the quality of the bedroom, but it was clean with all the basics so can't really complain.

I had a holistic therpay treatment in the spa which was of a very high standard, and the beautician, Sonia, was very friendly. The spa has quite a bit to offer, e.g. jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, experience showers (worth a try!) and pool. I agree with a previous reviewer in that the pool was slightly cold, but I suppose it makes a change from the humidity of the sauna and steam room.

Finally, food: we ate in Tasilli and both had the Chef's Surprise menu which is well worth the money (though not cheap at £87!). The service is excellent and I rate the food very very highly. The presentation was great and I think the best course was the cheese selection - choice of about 20 cheeses, all different types from all over, with a range of chutneys and interesting breads. The Jersey Brie and Stinking Bishop are definitely worth a try. As a lovely extra touch, we had a hadnwritten card from the Tasilli team congratulating us on our engagement!

All in all the Grand is a good choice if you have a reason to celebrate and want to indulge in a relaxing, food-filled weekend.

Room Tip: Get a sea-view!
Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Grand Jersey, I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your anniversary stay with us.

We have also taken on board the constructive points you have raised and will address these where possible.

The Tassili team are exceptionally grateful for your comments and recommendations.

We hope to welcome you back to Grand Jersey again soon.

Kind regards,
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Just returned from a weekend break (group of three couples), and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Grand Jersey. The rooms were good, and staff were very helpful, especially the concierge service. We all enjoyed spending time in the Spa which was very relaxing. The Grand Jersey is well positioned overlooking the bay, yet only a short walk to the centre of St Helier. We did not eat in the restaurants except for breakfast, so cannot comment. Overall would highly recommend this hotel for a short break to Jersey.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank pipsypants
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Grand Jersey. I sincerely appreciate your lovely comments, which I have passed onto the concierge team also.

We hope to welcome you back to Jersey again in the future.

Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We booked a last minute weekend break at the Grand Jersey to spoil ourselves, and we definitely were spoilt! The quality of service was impressive! The staff covered everything to ensure we were happy, and nothing was too much for them! The champagne bar and terrace - gorgeous! The SPA - amazing!

Dear guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of Grand Jersey. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us! I have passed your comments on to the rest of the staff and we hope to welcome you back to Grand Jersey in the near future.

Best wishes,
Manchester, England
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I recently stayed at the Grand Jersey hotel on business for six nights and loved it. I stay in a lot of hotels on business and this was one of the best I've visited.

On arrival the concierge dashed out to the taxi and carried my suitcase into the hotel and directed me to the reception, where I was quickly checked in and then the concierge took me to my room and explained how everything worked, including pointing out the wardrobe, which amused me. I had a single room on the park side of the hotel and although it was small it was sufficient for me. Everything was immaculate, the decoration moodily dark, and the room was very quiet and dark with blackout curtains. I also had a small balcony but due to the weather - and being in work all day - I couldn't use this, which was a shame. The bathroom was a decent size with a huge shower, although the water pressure was a little disappointing. Each evening the maid visited to turn the bed down and leave a bottle of water by the bed (if you're in at the time they knock and ask if you want this doing, or you can leave a "do not disturb" sign on the door.) The room was a little warm for my liking and I've not slept in a single bed for a long time, both of which probably explain why I didn't sleep too well while I was there, but otherwise the room was perfect.

Internet users will be pleased to hear there is free wireless internet in public areas, although I found this patchy, and your room has an ethernet cable for connection to your laptop, again free of charge.

Breakfast is a buffet and there is plenty of choice. Service is friendly and efficient too. Best of all was the spa, which was just fantastic. For some reason the hotel doesn't seem to want to tell you where it is - there are no signs, and although the guide in your room tells you its opening hours it doesn't tell you how to find it, so I ended up making a phone call! - so if you're looking you'll find it on the ground floor. Once through the front doors turn left just before the concierge, pass the lifts, and follow the corridor around to the right, and the spa is down there on the right hand side. The staff are really friendly and provide you with towels and locker keys, and once downstairs the spa has treatment rooms, a small weights room, a room with fitness machines (treadmills, bikes, cross trainers, a rowing machine) and, best of all, a beautifully lit pool with adjacent jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. I haven't used a gym for maybe 12 years but I went to this every night and loved it. Sometimes I had the whole place entirely to myself too! I've returned from the trip feeling that I want to join a gym again, but I wish I could use the one at the Grand every night.

The hotel is located on the sea front maybe 5-10 minutes walk from the centre of St Helier. There are plenty of restaurants in the vicinity, including numerous good ones up the road adjacent to the hotel.

The mark of a good hotel: Despite being there on business I felt slightly sad to leave. If I was returning to Jersey on business or for pleasure I'd certainly try to stay at The Grand.

Room Tip: The road at the front is incredibly busy but has sea views. Stay on the park side - quieter but you...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Nasalhair
MelissaCrowther, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 26 September 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Grand Jersey, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us.

I have passed your comments on to the rest of the team who are very grateful for your kind words. I will also discuss the constructive points you have raised with the relevant departments.

I hope that your enthusiasm for the gym continues and hopefully you will find one to suit you back home!

We hope to welcome you back to Grand Jersey in the near future.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2011

We booked a 7 day break including Dinner, car hire etc. Paid extra for a larger room with a sea view. Our room was well equiped, fridge, quality tea and coffee and nice products in the bathroom. Good decoration and a good size, very quiet. We were greated by the concierge and were well looked after by all the staff, nothing was too much trouble. The food in the Victorias and the champagne bar was excellent. Breakfast also very good.
Our bed linen was changed daily, but my only grumble, the pillows were stained and smelly. The duty manager did her best to reslove this, but housekeeping had very few pillows. Please buy more pilllow and launder them! Otherwise a very good experience, we would return.

Room Tip: Pay the extra, you get what you pay for, small money, small room!
2 Thank Browney500
MelissaCrowther, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 September 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Jersey with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and would like to thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our staff. I will of course pass these on to the team.
I have also discussed your constructive comments regarding linen with our housekeeping team and we will aim to rectify this issue.
Thank you again for your kind words, we hope to welcome you back to Grand Jersey in the future.

Cuckfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Like the reviewer ADwinelover, we got a great rate for a two night stay, but I think if we'd paid rack rate we would have been disappointed. We had a wheelchair friendly room which meant it was spacious with a large wet room and walk-in shower. Frosted windows and blinds masked the 'view' of the back of the hotel. Decor-wise, the illuminated headboard was a novel touch (though green isn't the most flattering shade of lighting!) We loved the electric curtains but suspect that this was a feature of the specialist room... We found the service to be friendly and attentive in the breakfast room and at the concierge desk - less so in the bar. (Mojito very poor quality - a few ice cubes instead of crushed ice - give it a miss.) Breakfast was very good, served in the well laid out restaurant. Get a table with a view if you can. A few niggles: we got the wrong newspaper on both mornings, though this was quickly sorted out. Depressingly, foam pillows were standard (ugh!) and housekeeping could only find one feather pillow for us. Surely in a five star hotel feather pillows are standard, with non-allergenic alternatives available on request? Also the hospitality tray was cheap: sachets of Nescafe instant coffee. Come on - where was the filter coffee that you find in upmarket B&Bs? Loved the pool though...

2 Thank NeilGJ888
MelissaCrowther, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review Grand Jersey, I appreciate your constructive comments and intend to discuss these with the relevant departments.
I apologise for the fact you did not always receive our usual standard of five star service and would like to assure you that I will address these issues with the departments involved.
I would also like to thank you for your kind comments regarding breakfast; I have also passed these comments on to the breakfast team.
I hope you will return to visit us at Grand Jersey again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near St Helier
#3 of 32 in St Helier
Hotel La Place
Hotel La Place
#1 of 16 in St Brelade

Been to Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!