“Love it, love it, love it!”

Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in St Helier
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I know I am biased but why would I stay anywhere else in jersey when the Grand has it all?

Met at the airport - which is always so lovely and a great start. Checked in with the best reception staff ever. Cases taken to the room (and incidentally this is not done for tipping reasons this is done for top service reasons!) Shopping in St Helier completed (a short walk along the esplanade) back in the evening for pre dinner drinks in the Champagne Lounge and then a fantastic dining experience in the Michelin start restaurant Tassili.
Lovely leisurely breakfast with staff who remember what you drink and eat. More shopping and then beautiful treatments in the gorgeous Spa. Can highly recommend the Advanced Stones back massage and facial - out of this world!
The rooms are well appointed with tea & coffee making facilities (which are topped up if you require,) bottles of complimentary water in the fridge. Top of the range toiletries in the bathrooms, robes, slippers etc etc - everything you would expect from a 5* hotel - but what stands out the most is, as always the staff. When I read some of the reviews that mentions rude staff etc I find that almost insulting - if the Grand had nothing else it has the best staff who would do anything for you. Not all guests are polite and friendly and I have witnessed incredibly rude guests speaking to staff if they were something on their shoe - if I was the staff member I would probably tell the guest where to go - but no they are always so professional and polite - I take my hat off to you!

Thank you Grand Jersey for yet another truly lovely weekend.

Wishing all a Happy Christmas and a successful 2013.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank TheMissingLink66
Eamonn E, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2013

Dear guests,

I am delighted that you had such a wonderful stay at Grand Jersey and would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I will be circulating your comments through all the departments so that everyone is aware how much you enjoyed your stay.

Best wishes and I hope to see you again later in the year.

Regards,

Reviewed 9 December 2012

We chose this hotel for my mothers 80th birthday and what a true treat this was. I spoke to the hotel a number of times before their arrival and they couldn't do enough to help in particular Eamonn the general manager.He made sure that it truly was an exceptional break and something to be remembered. The room they stayed in was a free upgrade and was spacious and comfortable overlooking the seafront and the castle. Although there is a road at the front it is quiet at night so sleep isn't disturbed!!

The breakfast selection is plentiful and of a very high standard with plenty of choice.

My mother used the spa and said it was a fantastic experience, in fact she is still talking about it!

The staff gave her a birthday card and they had fresh fruit in their room and a glass of champagne on the day.

I can't thank all of the staff enough for all they did for her and I can't recommend this hotel enough. I chose it because of an excellent review from another trip advisor and he was absolutely right they excelled themselves - thanks Grievesy!

Will we see them all in the new year, you bet we will! Thank you.

Room Tip: Worth an upgrade and stay on second floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Dody100
Reviewed 5 December 2012

This hotel met all of our expectations and more. The hotel has been refurbished to a very high standard and our room was extremely comfortable, with plenty of tea/coffee/chilled water as required. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, and were always on hand in the bar, breakfast room or in reception. The breakfast was first class with additional choices on the menu to have cooked freshly, So glad we did not chose the Radisson Blue as not a patch on this hotel. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Look this is a really nice hotel in an excellent location and if you’re looking for something special this place might be it but as a business traveller I found it not so good.
Excellent rooms that if you don't stay in high season are at a decent price, but I just found the staff so poor!
Bar staff looked at me gone out when I asked for a beer, no draft beers whatsoever off season; only in the summer made me feel a bit working class!
Next just getting out the shower and a strange woman walks into the room, couldn’t speak any English to me, something about is my room ok?? Asked her to leave.
Spoke to reception and was told ‘its all part of the turning down service’ and its all part of the ‘five star service’ and made me feel like I’d never staying in a decent hotel before. Oh and you can’t get wifi in the rooms either.
Best advice stay in the Raddison if your on business!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Captain-S_1970
Eamonn E, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your constructive comments on TripAdvisor.

I am disappointed to hear that there were elements of your stay which you felt were not five star, and if you would like to discuss this in more detail then perhaps you would like to contact me.

Best wishes,

Eamonn Elliott

Reviewed 4 December 2012

My wife and I recently stayed overnight and loved every minute of it. A warm welcome by the reception staff, a clean and luxury room with a great view of St Aubins bay. A comfortable bed and a bathroom with a heated mirror which i had never seen before, it's the little things. We had a full breakfast and when we ordered a hot chocolate it came in it's own tea pot which was a nice touch. My wife used the spa and afterwards commented that it was the best spa she had ever used and she has been in a few ;-) She said the girls were lovely. Thoroughly recommended!

Room Tip: We had room 111 which had a balcony and a great view of the bay
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Eamonn E, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Dear guest,

I am delighted that you had such a wonderful stay at Grand Jersey recently and really appreciate you taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.

It is always so rewarding when our guests leave with such lovely memories of their stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 3 December 2012

My husband booked us into the Grand Hotel in Jersey for my birthday, and what a treat, we had a lovely sea view looking out onto Elizabeth Castle, and we were within walking distance of all the shops and Restaurants. I cannot fault the Hotel at all, the rooms were beautifully decorated, comfortable with everything you needed. The Hotel staff were so friendly and helpful, and the breakfast had everything from cereals, meats, cheeses, cooked and lovely fresh bread, really set you up for the day. My husband treated us both to facials, I must admit it was lovely one of the best I have had in a while, and both therapist were very good and friendly.
If you want a relaxing few days away then this Hotel is a must, I had such a wonderful time and cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Grand Jersey.

I am so pleased that you and your husband had such a wonderful stay with us, and I am sure you have taken home with you some special memories from your trip to Jersey.

I shall make sure that all of the team are aware of the lovely feedback you have given us, and I hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 December 2012

I stayed 4 nights with my family and we had a great time. The staff were very friendly, the breakfasts were superb and the manager took the time to chat with us and make sure we had everything we needed. Hreat location with all the buses going round the island and to the airport.

Room Tip: sea views are great but more expensive.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Indiewheel

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Grand Jersey.

I am delighted that you and your family had such a lovely stay with us and I very much hope to see you again in the future.

Kind regards,

#1 of 5 in StSaviour
The Inn Boutique
The Inn Boutique
#5 of 32 in St Helier

Been to Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!