“Really cared for by great staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa

and 1 more site!
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in St Helier
“Really cared for by great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

One of the nicest hotels I have stayed at staff very attentive kind and considerate.
Food there exellent, good wholesome locally produced breakfast ingrediant's made for a great start for the day. Hotel and room very clean, free on demand for those quiet nights in. Exellent venue for my wifes 50'th. Thanks everyone.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
Banbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a family birthday, on the whole I was very pleased with my experience of The Grand but like many other people I found it lacking in the details.

We had a sea view room that had an exceptionally small bedroom with a shower that was unusable, I am not that tall (only 6ft) and couldn't stand under the shower.

Room was tired, broken lamp shades and peeling paint/effects.

Having said that, service from staff was excellent and the hotel was defiantly somewhere I would stay again!

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Guernsey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

Just returned for a 3 night Easter package at the Grand. I have said it before and I will say it again - it is one of the best hotels I have stayed in and I will continue to return whilst they continue to do what they do!

As ever Hugo, Joe, Carlos and Marco are the best Concierge there are - nothing is too much trouble and they will do anything to help. Michelle, Eillen, Celene, Aline and Vinessa are the politest, most efficient lovey receptionists you could meet (I have sometimes overheard how rude some guests can be to them - I could not do their job!)

Robert and the Champagne Lounge crew are fab - everything done with a smile! Jurgen and his great team in Victoria's. Adelina and her housekeeping team - again nothing is too much trouble and this time extra special mention to Chloe in the Spa for the most amazing massage - boy did I need it!

You may be wondering why I have named every one (I could go on Nathan, Zolatan, Sebastian, .........) I have been going to the Grand for so long now (nearly once a month if not every other for 7 years) and all these people are now friends. Going to the Grand is such a special experience because the special people who work there make it that way. Ok so some people moan that there was a light bulb missing, or their eggs were cold - no where on this planet is 100% perfect all the time but at the Grand it is pretty much all the time and that is good enough for me!
Go there - you will not be disappointed.

Thank you everyone for another lovely weekend.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely. I particularly like 108 because of the fab bathroom!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank TheMissingLink66
Radlett
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

My wife and I visited the hotel the week after the heavy snow that hit Jersey. The hotel itself is well situated overlooking the bay to the front.

Trying to park at the hotel was not easy as there is building work to the front currently ongoing and very limited parking so we needed to park around the corner. We were fortunately in a relative's car who had the appropriate parking vouchers,. Had we not had these we would have needed to obtain vouchers from a local shop.

We had a room on the third floor overlooking the bay. The room itself was clean and quite spacious and the bathroom was large and up a couple of steps within the room.

The downside was that the heating controls within the room were very poor - the thermostat is in a hall area adjacent to the bathroom, whilst the heat comes out in the room, and due to the shape of the ceiling is directed down into the bedroom area. Setting the thermostat at 21 degrees meant that whilst the hall area was that temperature, the bedroom was unbearably hot, but could not open the windows due to the noise from the road outside the front.

We did not use the restaurant, but in the afternoon we did have a Jersey cream tea. We had one basic cream tea and one luxurious tea. The basic cream tea included plenty of tea, and two very nice home baked scones with jam and cream. The luxurious tea was the same but for about £ 5 more you also received in addition four small sandwiches and three cakes.

The breakfast was very good with a large variety of choice of continental and english breakfast fare.

On the ground floor it is a little difficult to find some of the public rooms as there are no signs indicating which rooms are which.

Interestingy the carpet to the main entrance stairs was changed whilst we were there - and changed back again that evening - something to do with a red carpet for a wedding reception.

We only stayed one night, but overall it was a nice hotel.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a better room for an extra £ 10 (one night) - which we felt was probably good value.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Godalming, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

We were welcomed at the door by staff, who were very helpful and friendly. By the time we reached our rooms our luggage was there. The rooms were spotless and kept so by the staff all week.Tea and coffee was kept fully supplied and when I asked for just English Breakfast tea the staff were to happy to please. The rooms were warm and light, we had a room over looking the bay,which is what we were promised.when we hired a car the staff arranged for everything to happen. We both loved it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the sea and they will try to please
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

We Originally booked the grand for 3 nights however less than 24 hours before we due to arrive we received a call explaining they were over booked and we were being re-located for 2 nights. We were disappointed as we booked the stay 3 months in advance and had booked the restaurant for 1 night and arranged hire car etc. the hotel we were placed in wasn't our style and lacked facilities so this ruined most of our weekend. Having said that when we did get the Grand we enjoyed our stay a great deal. The hotel was lovely, Tasilli restaurant is fantastic and we had a great afternoon tea and cocktails in the lovely cocktail bar.
The gym and pool also were very good.
Our room however was showing signs of age, apparently we were upgraded due to the earlier problems in way of compensation but apart from the view this room has little appeal. The furniture was well worn and the bathroom small and difficult to use. The floor boards were sqeaky and I was woken 3 times by noise from other rooms. The traffic is also noisy.
All that aside I would still stay here above anywhere else in st Hellier due to the facilities and location.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

I have stayed in many hotels, this was not the best at all, believing it was a vice star room, I had no tea or water, there wasn't even a mini fridge, after complaint to the manager they said they will get this sorted and this wasn't rectified. I ended up buying my own water from one of the local spars, I never even got an apology after letting the staff know what I did. The cleaners were very rude and after inspection of the room after it was cleaned was rushed, still dusty. The location of the hotel was great and jersey is a beautiful small town however I feel the hotel really ruined my experience. I booked the hotel for 4 nights and I was seriously considering moving to the raddisson blue but I would of lost even more money.
I only booked this hotel based on the reviews but I am sorry to say its not grand at all. Seriously research other hotels, I felt it was 3 stars not the 5.

6 Thank nab A
Eamonn E, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your recent experience at Grand Jersey to us. I would like the opportunity to discuss this in more detail with you and therefore ask that you contact me at a convenient time for us to discuss this further.

Kind regards,

#4 of 31 in St Helier
Hotel La Place
Hotel La Place
#1 of 16 in St Brelade

Been to Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!