As I traveled with a Group, I was pleasantly surprised when I heard that the agency had chosen a 5-star Hotel on the sea front. Our stay started pleasantly enough - our luggage was efficiently unloaded and distributed, the allocation of rooms was swiftly handled. To enter the Hotel was fraught with difficulties as there were some steps to manoeuvre, there was no ramp for the disabled and trolley luggage. The terrace in front of the Hotel boards not on the sea front but on a two-lane heavy traffic main road. It has too few shaded tables.
The Grand Jersey is a historic building and a protected monument. Thus, the rooms are mot uniformly shaped and fitted out. Before you move in, you do well to inspect the room allotted to you to find out whether it suits your needs. My room #308 for instance had no chest with drawers to put your Shirts and underwear. Also the way to the wash basin and bath tup was a Kind of oüsticle course with the toilet bowl in the way. Other Features were first class: an efficient air conditioning with little noise, a desk area with the sockets in the right place, free Internet by cable (foreigners do well to bring their own adaptet for their electrical plug and your own cable.) The bed is easy to get in and out and is well-sprung. In summer you may want a lighter cover, Turndown Service is standard.
One of the most positive features is the Restaurant. International cuisine with an English and Jersey touch is perfectly prepared and nicely presented. The seating is pleasant and you do not miss an old-stye table-cloth. There ist a Michelin one-star Restaurant with lomited opening times.
The weakest point is the service in this hotel. Arriving guests cannot always reckon that their luggage is handled. Complaints, I had three minor ones, had to be mentioned twice before they were attended to. The Concierge behaved like a Sergeant-Major, when you asked for a taxi, he was enquiring about your destination without conveying it to the taxi driver and about your room number without purpose. Sone of the restaurant staff, always polite, had scant command of English and forgot your orders.
Summing up, by Continental stabdards, the hotel does not deserve a 5-star Rating but should be Content with 4 stars. .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Jersey is the island’s stylish, sophisticated hotel and spa, presenting guests an exceptional experience. It offers the ultimate in comfort and glamour, through a blend of sophisticated restaurants, the exclusive, atmospheric Champagne Lounge and the luxurious, award winning Spa. Grand Jersey also features the innovative Park Suites – a dedicated business centre with private cinema, meeting rooms and flexible events spaces. Whether you’re visiting Jersey for a short break, summer holiday or business, you are assured of a wonderful stay. Grand Jersey is committed to the highest standards of service and excellence which is why the hotel is one of only two on the island to be awarded five stars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Jersey Hotel St. Helier
- Grand Jersey St Helier
- Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa St Helier