My husband found a good deal for this 5* Hotel so booked it for a weekend in January but I have reviewed it as if we were paying the full price for a 5*.
We arrived early and our room was ready. Room very nice (not a good view) but didnt pay extra for that so wasnt concerned.
However our main concern was that the hotel's smoking area is immediately outside the front door of the hotel. So when you are coming in or going out of the hotel you have to go through groups of people smoking on the front steps! We encountered this on the Saturday night as we arrived back in the hotel from eating out. There was a wedding reception going on and therefore lots of people on the steps smoking. When we got inside we were unable to use the Champagne bar as this was being used for the function. (At no time were we informed that this would be the case). We were offered the quiet room to have a drink in, which we did, but not the same atmosphere as drinking in the bar which we had done on the previous night. We could also not eat in Victoria Restaurant as we had planned on the Saturday night as they moved this upstairs to another room (because of the function) and would be doing a set menu only. My husband had already planned from the menu online what he was going to have so was disappointed to find that this wasnt on the set menu therefore we ended up eating out.
We did complain about these points to the receptionist who said she would advise the Manager. To date we have heard nothing back from them.
No complaints about the staff who were very helpful.
Have stayed at 3 top hotels in St Helier before and this is bottom of our list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Jersey is the island’s stylish, sophisticated hotel and spa, presenting guests an exceptional experience. It offers the ultimate in comfort and glamour, through a blend of sophisticated restaurants, the exclusive, atmospheric Champagne Lounge and the luxurious, award winning Spa. Grand Jersey also features the innovative Park Suites – a dedicated business centre with private cinema, meeting rooms and flexible events spaces. Whether you’re visiting Jersey for a short break, summer holiday or business, you are assured of a wonderful stay. Grand Jersey is committed to the highest standards of service and excellence which is why the hotel is one of only two on the island to be awarded five stars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Jersey Hotel St. Helier
- Grand Jersey St Helier
- Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa St Helier