“Fabulous tasting menu in restaurant”

Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in St Helier
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely time. Short walk to town and nice view across to castle and marina. Great to sit in bar on terrace in front of hotel and beautiful spa. Staff very friendly and helpful. Found Jersey very clean and everyone in shopping centre also very friendly. Wish I had booked a RIB trip to see island from the sea - perhaps next time!

• Stayed: May 2014
Eamonn E, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Grand Jersey following your recent short break - it is very much appreciated.

It sounds like you had some sunshine whilst you were here, which meant you could relax on our newly re-designed terrace - there really is no better place to be than Jersey when the weather is good!

We can't wait to welcome you back and could definitely help you organise a RIB ride for your next trip.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Pro's

Good location
Efficient check in
Nice breakfast with friendly staff
Bed was comfortable and room was decent size.
Michelin starred resturant in the hotel

Con's

Our room (101) on the executive sea front, was very noisy, both from the room upstairs (constant creaking floorboards) to the noise from drunk people coming in and out the hotel (hotel hosts lots of weddings, hen do's etc). We had our young child with us so it was not ideal.

Wi-fi is painfully slow and only 50mb is free.

They locked me in the SPA!! I went for a quick evening dip, suddenly they turned the main lights off and by the time I struggled in the dark up the main staircase found the door locked. I waited for 5 mins until a waitress walked by and I told her to please get a key. She went off to get someone and about 5 mins later they arrived with a key and a half hearted apology. Someone then rushed after me and asked me if I would like a beer brought to my room, which I declined.

While my wife was getting a massage in the Spa a guy kept looking in the treatment room which made her uncomfortable.

Our room smelt musty and the general amenities/bathroom where a little below par than what you would expect from 5 star hotel.

They also charged £20 for our baby crib (never experienced this before) and £20 for a late check out (I find 5* hotels normally don't usually mind if its for a couple of hours).

Overall I would not stay here again but I believe the hotel is up for sale so this may change how it is run.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet one!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank smace2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your detailed review of your recent stay with us - all of these points have been taken on board and passed on to the relevant heads of department for their review.

Obviously we would very much welcome the opportunity to change your overall opinion of the hotel and would therefore ask you to contact us directly if you do decide to return to Jersey so that we can personally manage your booking.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My wife and I returned to the hotel in May 2014 on honeymoon, we had a Park Deluxe room which had an excellent view of the Peoples Park and the west side of St Aubins bay. The room was an excellent size with fantastic facilities. The service was second to none, all staff very friendly and helpful. The food at the hotel is excellent, we had a breakfast every morning and the Sunday Brunch. One change we noticed since our last visit 4 yrs ago was the improvement to parking, if there was no room in the small underground car park, then you passed the keys to a concierge who parks it for you in coned off bays for you. The location is superb, convenient to town (although far enough away to avoid late night noise), right on the sea front. Many an evening was spent in the excellent outside terrace area. Service in the Terrace, Restaurants and Champagne Lounge was also superb. All in all it was the perfect place for us. We will return.

Room Tip: Deluxe Park View Room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

I am delighted that you chose to return to Grand Jersey as your honeymoon destination - congratulations to you both!

It sounds like you had an amazing stay, with last memories to take back home with you.

I hope that you will decide to return to Grand Jersey to celebrate your 1st wedding anniversry - please contact us if you do plan to, we would love to look after you again.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Very friendly staff, food in Tassili was amazing, bar is serving good cocktails, clean, little bit dated but otherwise very good and to be recommended! Very central location, bus stop outside hotel, beautiful view to Elizabeth Castle. Staff is helpful in arranging things for day & night!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

What a lovely review of your recent stay - I am so pleased that you had such a wonderful time at Grand Jersey and had the opportunity to dine in Tassili, our Michelin star restaurant.

I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had a suite overlooking the castle and that was a good start. Having nowhere to dry your hair and no separate shower didn't enhance that experience. The bar was a disappointment with poorly made drinks and below average service. To cap it all, we went to the Michelin restaurant Tassili and spent a small fortune on fine dining with very average wines. Unlikely we will return.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Wilks2

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review of Grand Jersey. It was disappointing to see that we fell short of your expectations and I would very much welcome the opportunity to turn this situation around. Please contact my assistant Charlotte at cdixon@grandjersey.com if you are planning on returning to Jersey so that she can personally manage your booking.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

What a superb hotel. Our view from the balcony was very good. Unfortunately we were unaware that they were carrying out some building work on the property beside the hotel. The food was very good although it would have been nicer to have more change in the choices during our weeks stay. The bus service in St Helier is superb.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosalind B
Eamonn E, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Grand Jersey. It sounds like you had a lovely stay, with the friendly staff and service being making it even better - I will pass your compliments on to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Jersey in the future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed here last week with a girlfriend for 4 nights, with the intention of shopping, relaxing and enjoying the hotel spa. Having stayed here once before a few years ago, I was disappointed to note that standards have fallen. The hotel was looking shabby, especially our room, which had marks on the walls and still did not have a mirror for hair styling, which even Travelodge & Premier Inn provide! We were eventually told that there was a small mirror at the bottom of the wardrobe (!) which kept falling down as there wasn't enough room on the already crowded cabinet beneath the huge TV (in a very small room). One evening we went to have a cocktail on the terrace but waited 10 minutes and were completely ignored by the staff, hence we left and walked across to the Radisson Blu hotel which was much more friendly and welcoming. When I go with my husband we will stay there rather than the Grand as I don't think it lives up to it's 4 star rating. The pool is very nice and we both had lovely facials (expensive) but apart from that I could not see any redeeming features of the Grand and will not be returning. Also, the rooms there are very small and the twin beds we requested were pushed together with no room to separate them (we were 2 ladies travelling together, not sleeping together!). Hey ho.

Room Tip: Don't choose the basic room as it's very small and dark
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lynneyvette

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Grand Jersey - your comments are extremely important to us and I shall be looking into every point you make with the relevant departments.

Obviously we would love to turn your opinion of Grand Jersey around and therefore if you are planning another trip to Jersey in the near future then please contact my assistant Charlotte at cdixon@grandjersey.com.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Helier
#3 of 31 in St Helier
The Inn Boutique
The Inn Boutique
#4 of 31 in St Helier

Been to Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!