“A Class Act” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in St Helier
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“A Class Act”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

The Grand lives up to it's name. A lovely hotel with first class friendly staff. The meals in the bar or restaurants are beautifully presented and delicious. A wonderful choice at breakfast. My husband and I have stayed here twice now and look forward to going back. The rooms are modern and the king size beds are very comfortable.The hotel has just a road in the front to cross for the beach and as we like to do, walk along the bay.

Room Tip: It is worth an up grade to park view or sea view
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eamonn E, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Grand Jersey - we really appreciate you taking the time to feedback your opinion to us and I'm delighted that you once again had an enjoyable stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Eamonn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (565)
Stockport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

In December 2013, my partner and I booked in to the Grand in St.Helier having previously stayed at the Pomme D'or on several occasions.

We were allocated a room at the back of the building which overlooked the loading bay and bin stores. This was not at first obvious because the windows in the room were all frosted and the windows would barely open. They clearly felt that you should not have to overlook the bins and this was their solution to the problem.

If I am staying in a five star hotel, I don't know about you, but I kind of expect to be able to look out of and open the windows. In fact, the inability to do so brought about a sense of claustrophobia. This aspect of the accommodation was not mentioned when the room was booked through Expedia.

I spoke to the receptionist and she was clearly familiar with the issue and really quite helpful. She suggested a move to a room on the front of the hotel if I upgraded and asked one of the concierges to show me alternative rooms. The two concierges I met and spoke to were both from Madiera and were really friendly and very helpful.

I was shown a great room overlooking the sea and the park with a balcony and agreed an upgrade for £40 for the five remaining nights there. Reception's advice to avoid such a problem again was to book directly with the Hotel. It would be.

For reference, I checked several rooms at the back of the hotel and they all had the frosting on the windows and there must be dozens of rooms like this.

Leaving this aside, the hotel is lovely and the staff are all very friendly and helpful. I used the spa which again is very pleasant, once you get used to the system of corridors to access it. The buffet breakfast is excellent with just about anything you could reasonably think of available. Some of the hot food tended to cool off in the silver containers, so perhaps a better method of keeping food warm might be worth considering.

I am not convinced it is a great deal better than the Pomme D'Or which is a four star hotel. Probably go back to the Pomme next time.

Oh and finally, I took up the issue the of frosted glass with Expedia and after initially referring me to the copious amounts of small print, they refunded me the £40 upgrade charge, especially as I had found the email address for their chief exec in the US.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms at the back of the hotel. The windows are all frosted and don't open properly.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Churchbridge
Eamonn E, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review of Grand Jersey - we appreciate you taking the time to do this.

I am pleased that following your initial disappointment with the room that we managed to resolve this - we do always try and resolve issues as they arise, especially if certain aspects aren't meeting your expectations.

We would love you to stay with us again and if you contact the hotel directly we can guarantee your preferred room with the best available rate.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Excellent hotel with lovely views over the bay. Staff and service in restaurants very good no complaints here….rooms very nice and cleaned thoroughly every day. Local restaurants very good and just a short walk away.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review of Grand Jersey - we appreciate you taking the time to do this and your comments were very kind.

We hope that you will decide to return to Grand Jersey on your next trip to Jersey and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Guernsey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is an upmarket hotel, with plenty to offer.

We were upgraded to a sea view suite, and it was very well appointed. Spacious, with everything we could possibly need.

There were always plenty of staff on hand to answer queries or point you in the right direction. They were all very smartly dressed and courteous.

My husband tried the spa for a neck, shoulder and back massage and enjoyed it.

We tried the bar inside the hotel, the bar on the terrace, and we ate one evening in Victorias restaurant. Drinks were expensive but we were well looked after by the waiting staff and the location and the view made it worth the money.

The location of the hotel is perfect. It's right on the sea front, opposite a wide expanse of sandy beach with Elizabeth Castle in the distance. It's an easy walk to the Waterfront complex where there is a cinema, TGI Fridays, a bar, a couple of fast food outlets and a public swimming pool. It's also close enough to the town centre that it's an easy walk to the shops, but not so close that you're bothered by noise in the evenings.

Only a couple of small things, and they really are small. There was a small vase in our bathroom containing some green plants and a single carnation, which was dead. That dead carnation remained there for the two nights we were there. It didn't bother me but it bothered my husband. He thought it showed a lack of attention to detail. What bothered me more is that our sea view was spoiled somewhat by the fact that the outsides of the windows had several splatters of bird droppings and obviously hadn't been cleaned for a while.

Having said that, it didn't spoil our stay and I would definitely stay there again.

Dear guest,

I am so pleased that you and your husband had such an enjoyable stay at Grand Jersey. It's great that you use so many of the facilities, and dine in our restaurants - it sounds like you made the most of your break.

I hope that you will decide to come back again and we look forward to seeing you.

Stevenage, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Not a review of the Hotel itself but of lunch on the Terrace. Our first day in Jersey and we were taken for lunch by friends to The Terrace. Staff were quick to take our orders for drinks and food and the drinks came up promptly. Four of us ordered food and three of us were served quickly, the fourth (an order of a glass of prawns) was delayed for some reason. I ordered a chilli beef panini (which is a dollop of chilli beef on an untoasted panini apparently) in the last fork of chilli I found myself chewing on a piece of cling film! The coleslaw that came up on the two other meals had clearly been sitting out in the sun as it had discoloured. Having been urged to eat our meals by our fourth we had finished and chased the missing prawns again, they eventually turned up after a third enquiry. The staff were very apologetic about both the lost order and the clingfilm and took both items off the bill. Half of the Terrace was booked for a private function and I can't help but think that maybe the focus was on that and not on the other customers. Such a disappointment.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jayway46
Eamonn E, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your comments following your recent stay.

I am extremely disappointed to hear about your experience on our Terrace and I would welcome the opportunity to rectify this. Please contact my assistant, Charlotte Dixon at cdixon@grandjersey.com who will be more than happy to arrange a convenient time for us to discuss this further.

Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Grand Hotel Jersey
A very good hotel, with helpful staff. To have a room with a bay window or balcony with a view of the sea and Victoria Island is preferable. The hotel's Michelin star restaurant, Tassilli, is excellent. It was deserving of two stars on the two evenings we went and was reasonably priced. One evening we went to a special spice tasting meal with wines. This was a very generous event and hosted by a very knowledgeable maitre d'. For those who use spa, pool and fitness facilities, they are excellent.
The hotel is in close proximity to the town centre... a 10 minute walk. The local bus service is an economical way to see the island and passes can be bought to cover consecutive days.

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms have interesting views of the castle on Victoria Island.
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Grand Jersey - your feedback is very much appreciated.

I am delighted that you had a comfortable and relaxing stay here and dined in Tassili on three separate occasions - I'm sure you will agree this is an amazing tasting experience!

I hope you will decide to return to Grand Jersey in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

The service at this hotel is second to none, food is great , only downside is its right on a busy main road so bedrooms at the front can be noisy, butbif you can cope with this then you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms lovely but road is noisy.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eamonn E, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Grand Jersey. I am delighted to hear that the service you received was second to none - everyone here strives to offer a five star, exceptional service and will be delighted to hear that you experienced this.

I hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Helier
#4 of 31 in St Helier
Hotel La Place
Hotel La Place
#1 of 16 in St Brelade

Been to Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!