I stayed at the Grand in the early 2000's and it was a bit tired then, which put me off staying there when I was back in Jersey for business this year, but as summer came along, lack of availability at my usual place prompted me to see what had changed (as I'd heard good things about the Grand)
I was so impressed by my first stay that I booked there again for my next, and look forward to staying again in the future. The decor of the hotel is fresh yet perfectly in keeping with the classic building. The furnishing of the rooms is of a very high standard and makes the rooms a real pleasure to be in. The heating system from my earlier stays (cast iron radiators) has been replaced with modern, quiet, powerful air conditioning.
My first stay this time, I was upgraded to a double room (our work booking system forces us to the cheapest available room, which at the Grand is a single room) and it was lovely - particularly the bathroom, with a double shower and separate, standalone bath in a spacious room, all gleaming white and sparkling. Generous towels too! The bedroom was of a good size and the bed was very comfortable. This wasn't a beach view room, and the bedroom window was heavily frosted, to disguise the closeup view of a brick wall that would otherwise have been afforded by it - a good solution to a problem outside the control of the owners.
My second stay, I was placed in one of the actual single rooms, and even for a single room, it was small - not a lot of floorspace around the bed and the bathroom barely big enough to open and close the door while in it. The bed was still as comfortable, and the decor as pleasant, though. This time, the frosted window gave a very pleasant view when opened across the green to the side of the hotel, but I was thankful for the frosting as it added a good level of privacy to a ground floor room.
In common with when I stayed before, the service was impeccable throughout from all staff, and the breakfast service was excellent. Unfortunately I didn't have time to try the spa or restaurants on either trip but look forward to in the future.
So to summarise, a lovely old fashioned but modern hotel (wifi is provided, but the free service is limited - something which is thankfully becoming more of a rarity in hotels now) which you'll enjoy even more if you splash out a little more and book a double room even if you're travelling solo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Jersey is the island’s stylish, sophisticated hotel and spa, presenting guests an exceptional experience. It offers the ultimate in comfort and glamour, through a blend of sophisticated restaurants, the exclusive, atmospheric Champagne Lounge and the luxurious, award winning Spa. Grand Jersey also features the innovative Park Suites – a dedicated business centre with private cinema, meeting rooms and flexible events spaces. Whether you’re visiting Jersey for a short break, summer holiday or business, you are assured of a wonderful stay. Grand Jersey is committed to the highest standards of service and excellence which is why the hotel is one of only two on the island to be awarded five stars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Jersey Hotel St. Helier
- Grand Jersey St Helier
- Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa St Helier