2 people are viewing this hotel
Get rewarded with One Key
Agoda.com
£197
Breakfast included
No fees just great deals
Maizie Jane

A wonderful weeks stay.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Oct 2022
Husband and I have just returned from the most lovely weeks holiday in Jersey, staying here.
We could not have been happier with our room, and the hotel is lovely to look around.
I note some of the complaints of it not being 5 star, and having an industrial feel when looking out of the window, which was the view we had, but for the price we paid, I was amazed at what we got for our money! I knew we weren't going to get a sea view so I was not expecting anything like that. Our room was just lovely and was cleaned every day ( or so it seemed). The bed was the most comfortable we have ever slept in and I would like to know where to get the mattress cover/ saver as we want the EXACT ones! We had plenty of tea, coffee, milk etc every day and there was everything we could want. There were robes and slippers in the room also. Husband was most impressed by the size of the TV!!
No, the view wasn't great but I can forgive that if we get a room like we had!

The breakfast was outstanding value. So much choice.
The ladies and gents serving us were so helpful and all with a smile.
The staff cleaning the rooms always greeted us with a smile if we passed them in the corridor. It makes such a difference.
We have come home with a very good impression of Jersey, in no small part to The Grand Jersey Hotel.
Thank you for your hospitality.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 22 Oct 2022
Dear 165ded,

Thank you for leaving a 5 star review following your recent stay with us here at the Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa.

I am pleased to read your comments, and I trust you have truly enjoyed your stay with us.

Please note, I personally share every feedback with the team, and I know they will be very happy to read your compliments.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Kind regards,

• Agoda.com
Beachfront
View more hotels in St. Helier
2,414 results
All reviews champagne bar elizabeth castle park view victoria restaurant tassili restaurant sea view small balcony star hotel lovely hotel relaxation room sea front first class sauna and steam room main restaurant nothing is too much trouble turn down service short break
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 October 2022 via mobile

What a lovely hotel. The rooms are very clean, the food in the Champagne Lounge was lovely and breakfasts were good - either waitress or self service. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, but especially mention must be made of Jamin and Winley who were exceptional.
The hotel is very well situated and, although parking appeared to be inadequate we did manage to find a space when we needed it.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Szabolcs Olleh, Guest Services / Front Office at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2022

Dear Micky1008,

Thank you for leaving a 5 star Tripadvisor review following your recent visit to the Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa.

I am pleased to read your room has met your expectations and the food was delicious as well. The team is certainly one of our biggest asset we have. I trust you have truly enjoyed your stay with us.

We share all feedback with the team, and I know they will also be very happy to read your review.

Once again, thank you for your honest feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Kind regards,

Szabolcs Olleh
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 12 October 2022

My experience was not five star. The room had the most horrendous industrial outlook onto concrete, steel, air conditioning pipes and rubbish bins. Terribly noisy above at night and you can hear other residents performing their ablutions. TV noises from adjacent rooms. Grubby surfaces -unhygienic and in the days of covid dangerous.
It is amidst the hub of St Helier adjacent to a very busy dual carriageway. Cannot possibly recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank DayTrip426585
Tim O'Sullivan, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2022

Dear Micky Vee

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to leave a review.

I know you've been in correspondence with our guest services team and I'm very sorry that we could not deal with your feedback to your satisfaction. I also sorry to read that you did not enjoy your time with us, but I do hope in time, you reconsider and decide to visit us again.

Kind Regards

Tim

Tim O'Sullivan

Reviewed 4 October 2022

Just returned from a short break at the Grand. Everything was excellent. Reception staff, concierge, staff at breakfast, housekeepers, bar staff - all friendly & eager to please. Can't wait to return.

Date of stay: October 2022
Shaun McGachan, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2022

Dear scarletglobetrotter,

Thank you for your recent review following your four day stay with us.

The team will be thrilled to see you found everything excellent and also appreciate your kind words regarding their friendliness.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 October 2022

This was our 2nd stay at the Grand Jersey Hotel having previously stayed in 2014. As before we booked a Park View Room. The hotel has not changed much since our previous visit and is essentially comfortable and welcoming. The location is perfect, taxi from the airport was around £20, or you could take the No 15 bus, which stops close to the hotel.
Our room was located on the ground floor and was comfortable. We found the bathroom frustrating as the design did not make the best use of the space and was rather dated. The shower itself was reasonably powerful, although the shower screen itself leaked at the bottom creating a puddle on the floor. A minor gripe but something that needs attention.
Breakfast was included and was of a good standard and variety. Choice of fruit, cereals, cold cuts, breads and most importantly the hot selection, nice bacon, sausages, eggs, etc, from the buffet. You could also order other items like smoked haddock, etc, if required.
We didn’t eat in the hotel in the evening, but enjoyed pre-dinner drinks in the champagne bar, most evening.
There is a nice indoor pool, complete with steam room and sauna. Changing rooms and showers were good, but the keypads for the locker doors were temperamental
The hotel is not perfect and in places could do with some investment/refurbishment in places, however, it quite relaxing and a good base in St Helier.

Room tip: Park view rooms are quiet
Date of stay: September 2022
1  Thank JR_Essex
Shaun McGachan, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2022

Dear JR_Essex,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us as well as your direct feedback.

As mentioned in my response to your direct feedback, it is great to see you enjoyed your time overall and we met your expectations and that I have asked our Maintenance team to look at the shower seal in the room you were allocated.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a third visit.

Reviewed 27 September 2022

Because I suffered from a stroke three years ago I am limited by insurance as to where I can holiday.
My wife and I booked six days at the grand hotel and spa in Jersey as it was the only five star hotel with vacancies.
I requested a walk in shower because of mobility problems. I did not get one and we were put in an attic type room. To be fair the next day after we were settled in we were offered a room with a walk in shower by which time we did not want the upheaval of moving.
The breakfasts were excellent, but the other restaurants were mediocre and over priced. In fact we were overcharged twice. The last straw was when the head waitress in one restaurant refused to serve me tap water ‘because Jersey water is undrinkabke’! She was rude when I refused to uy a bottle of water for some £3,
The public rooms were past shabby and apart from the reception staff, staff were never there when wanted.
In the end we left a day early wasting several hundred pounds.
How this hotel achieved five stars I cannot understand.
Needless to say we will not be returning!

Date of stay: July 2022
1  Thank Jet36352354981
Shaun McGachan, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2022

Dear Jet36352354981,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay back in July with us.

Your feedback was quite surprising to read and unfortunately from reviewing our feedback logs from July, cannot seem to place your comments. That being said, your comments are taken on board and will be shared accordingly. Should you wish to discuss your feedback directly with us after so many months have passed, feel free to get in touch.