“Nice downstairs but rooms are very tired”
Review of Apollo Hotel

Apollo Hotel
Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in St Helier
Reviewed 8 January 2013

The welcome on arrival was warm - we stayed here for one night after our flight out of Jersey was cancelled and EasyJet laid on this hotel for our overnight stay.

The downstairs is quaint but clean and the breakfast in the morning was of a good standard.

The bedrooms are tired looking - our room was clean and the bathroom perfectly good, but the bed was uncomfortable and the general decor tired and in need of repair.

Also the heating wasn't working, although we didn't ask for assistance on this.

It's not in the nicest area of town, but only 5 minutes walk to the main centre. I heard from the cab driver on the way back to the airport that it's rumoured to be being shut down and turned into flats soon, so maybe that's why they haven't invested in updating the rooms.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank charlie t

Reviewed 14 December 2012

Booked online after reading reviews. Very disappointing.
Staff all Portuguese and not friendly at all. Breakfast overcooked and bland no fresh fruit.
Working in Jersey again but will not be staying here.!!

Room Tip: Dont bother
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter B
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Went to Jersey for the start of their Xmas markets. 5 adult and 2 children for a long weekend.
The hotel is looking a little old but had everything we required. It was very clean and the staff helpful and friendly . The beds were extremely hard.The children loved the indoor pool with the Jacuzzi .The breakfast was great .

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank brandyPlymouth
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Staff was amazing. I thought my purse had been stolen, but I was WRONG - I'd taken it out with me and left it behind at a nearby restaurant. The staff was just wonderful about it, even though I was sure it had been taken from my room. They helped look for it, assured me it was very unlikely it had been stolen (Jersey in Europe is much different from New Jersey in USA.), assisted me in making calls to my credit cards, and was just overall wonderful in helping me with what was a VERY stressful time. Grace under pressure is my measure of the quality of a place, and the staff could not have been better. Also, the included breakfast was wonderful. Had I paid top dollar for this hotel, I would have expected WiFi actually IN the room (rather than the lobby), but that was the only not-great thing. We stayed for only 3 nights, but I would definately stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2012

A group of 10 booked to stay here when visiting Jersey for my husbands 40th Birthday. We all agreed it was very good value for money, we had a bed and breakfast package, the rooms were clean, the bed comfortable and the breakfast lovely with a great variety.
The walls are thin which and you can hear your neighbours at times but for most of us this wasn't too much of a problem.
I had originally tried to book an evening meal but the hotel hadn't responded to me so I can't tell you what their dinners are like, however, the pizza place and pub attached came in handy for a snack Saturday afternoon. The pool area is nice and clean and warm.
When we returned back to the hotel on the Saturday night we went to the bar for a nightcap, the barman was friendly. The night porter was not! He asked us to keep the noise down (fair enough even though we weren't being loud) and made it clear he wanted us gone. We did feel he was rude and unfair as there was a group of ladies in the reception being very loud, we could hear them from the bar and they weren't being made to be quiet. When we went to bed we could still hear the noisy group, especially every time they went out to smoke by the pool, which is situated in the middle of all our rooms.
We were all happy with the value for money, food and most of the staff but the placement of smoking area needs a re-think as it is in the middle of the guests rooms.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Good location for shopping,eating,dancing, the hotel is a little dated but clean and freindly staff it has a nice heated indoor pool with a jaquzz and a small gym. it has a sports bar on the side which was showing football and rugby all weekend (good for the men not so nice for the girls)
it also has a bar in the hotel which opened from 6pm till late. Good buffet breakfast with all usual bacon,sausage,eggs,cerial and fruit. the only thing we didnt like was that breakfast finished at 9.30 not good if you have had a big night. In all very acceptable and good value for money

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jongaymer
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel for two nights,the rooms were clean and spacious and the hotel is in a good situation for access to the town.The staff were very friendly and provided an exellent service,especially Paul the bar/restaurant manager.The breakfast was very good as was the meal we had in the hotel bar

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey
The Revere Hotel
The Revere Hotel
#10 of 31 in St Helier

Been to Apollo Hotel? Share your experiences!