“Good Value and Caring staff.”
Review of Apollo Hotel

Apollo Hotel
Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in St Helier
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good Value and Caring staff.”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I've just returned from a weeks holiday on Jersey staying at the Apollo Hotel in St Helier.
Unfortunately, I suffered an accident at Exeter Airport on the way out, badley twisting my knee.
I only mention this incident because the staff at the Apollo could not have been more helpful,
kind and caring.Everybody from reception,dining room,pool and jacuzi went out of their way to
help and assist me as I hobbled about on crutches. I would say the Apollos' staff are its' greatest asset.
The hotel is situated only minutes from the town centre, harbour and bus station.
My room was well appointed and reasonably spacious, the en-suite bathroom also. Scalding hot
water available at any time of day or night.
The dining room is pleasant and overlooking the pool and garden. Buffet breakfast was well
cooked with a very wide choice.
The table-dhote dinner menu gave a wide choice of dishes and never repeated all week.Staff
were always helpful and attentive.
Despite my mishap I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Apollo Hotel and would recomend it to
anybody who is looking for a quiet and restful break.

1 Thank Edwin W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We travel a lot and tend to stay in Holiday Inn type hotels. When we saw the offer for the Apollo we decided to give it a try. We had 3 nights over last weekend.
Our first impression was that the hotel needs some renovation but that said it was extremely clean, the staff were very helpful and the breakfast was great.
The location is good as you can leave your car and walk to most of the shops and restaurants in the town centre.
The car park spaces are tight, as is everywhere on the island so go for a small car if possible.

1 Thank jan e
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

we have just had a wonderful holiday here. the staff are very helpful and could not do enough for us. We were celebrating our 40th anniversary and they left a bottle of champagne in room to greet us.Couple of negatives, quite a lot of steps so may be difficult for less mobile and Could do with having wi fi in more areas but overall a great time.

Redcar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We had a 4 night stay. Staff friendly and helpful. Room clean and comfortable. We enjoyed breakfast. Hotel in good location for shops and not far from liberation square and bus station. We used free Wi-Fi in the cocktail bar area. Enjoyed stay.

1 Thank David D
Bromley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We had 4 nights in the Apollo and apart from starting divorce proceedings with my (lack of) map reading to get us there the hotel is in a good position to walk into St Helier where parking is difficult. Room average but clean and comfortable; staff very friendly and breakfasts are exceptional. We ate once in the restaurant which was ok, they also do a set 4 course menu at about £17 but couldn't face 4 courses. Sadly someone backed into our hire car in the car park - if hiring do pay the extra for CDW which means if this happens you won't get charged the £400 or whatever it would cost. Forget "it never happens to me" - it does.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook pool and garden. Back rooms overlook car park.
1 Thank Cheryl095
Sleaford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I came over to Jersey for the Jersey marathon and found this hotel through one of the popular websites. It is easy to find and very close to the town centre and the harbour area. The hardest part is initially finding the hotel car park. It is not obvious and after asking at reception found I had to go one road further on and then follow the hill up before finding the hotel car park on the right hand side.
Check in went like a dream with my details waiting behind the counter and even a member of staff to take bags to the room. Personally I feel that if a member of your party has difficulty with stairs this may not be the hotel for you. The reason is that there are stairs up to reception and then stairs into the bar area. There is another flight of stairs before you reach the lift to all floors. I could not see a route through that could avoid this.
We had one of the garden and pool view rooms with a nice balcony and sun chairs on it. The bed was wide and comfortable but the bathroom fairly basic. Towels are not large but they do what is needed. The room did not have air conditioning and so did get hot from time to time.
WiFi is free but only available in the bar and the foyer but at least they have it.
The hotel has an outside pool, I didn't try it myself but some hardy souls did. It also has an inside pool that is warm and great for relaxing in. The jacuzzi is probably one of the best I have used and certainly after the marathon was very useful in pounding stiff muscles.
There is a choice for eating. The main restaurant opens at 7pm for dinner and has a set menu or you can choose from a seperate menu. The food here was very good and the staff attentive. It also has an Italian Pizza restaurant. Again the food is good and reasonably priced. The downside is it is inside the same area as the indoor pool and therefore suffers from the humidity.
The hotel also has the Boot and Bottle pub attached to it with the option of food at certain times of the day and limited draught beers. Sadly none of the local brew. The staff, well my experience is that they tend to answer in yes or no unless you are a regular.
Breakfast is buffet style but there is a lot of choice. I personally do not like cereals in bowls Iprefer them still packaged, that way there is a good chance they have not been in the open for too long. Here though they are in bowls.
I enjoyed the Apollo and if I came back would probably stay here.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We've stayed for 4 nights at Apollo and were happy with the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located only a short stroll from the main shopping precinct. Although a bit dated, the hotel is kept clean and tidy. The staff were helpful and friendly. We've enjoyed the splash in the pool and jacuzzi which were quiet most of the time. The breakfast was good and well presented buffet. This is a budget 3* hotel and this is exactly what it is. The great point is the location and everything in St Hellier is within the walking distance, making it great place to stay for Jersey exploring.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel De Normandie
Hotel De Normandie
#3 of 5 in StSaviour
Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey

Been to Apollo Hotel? Share your experiences!