We've just returned from a three night weekend stay, in a Platinum standard room.
Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and left today feeling relaxed and rejuvinated.
Very spacious, spotlessly clean, good bed, good shower, lots of facilities, and an excellent turn down service. Although, for this standard of room, I would of expected large bottles of toiletries (as Aromatherapy Associates products used in the spa) and maybe an Nespresso coffee machine. A good room overall though.
Cute spa. Lovely staff. Amazingly well equipped gym and some nice wet facilities. We both had 75 min full body massages that were executed perfectly (hard, just the way we like massages).
Special mention to the Spa Manager Caroline... wow, she gives a brilliant massage!!
The food and drink offerings...
Plenty of options to choose from. Breakfast was OK- enough choice. I'd recommend trying the Castaway cocktail in the Little Drift Bar. Weird to have a fashionable nightclub in the hotel, which made for good people watching and was nice to then just wander upstairs to bed!!
We ate one evening meal in The Grill.... WOW WOW WOW!!! Stunning steak (we agreed it was the best meal of the holiday), very quick service, nice buzzy atmosphere.
Special mention to Nicoleta.... she works very, very hard. Impressive. Multi tasking at its very best. We were amazed by how efficient she was. Management, if you're reading this review, please give that woman a bonus!!!
The hotel itself.....
Well located, great in the day but we found the noise of drunk revellers outside at night (some outside The Drift, smoking) a bit disturbing. This hotel is literally in Party Central - bars, clubs and burger shops everywhere. Its THE place to go in St Helier at night. But dont let that put you off staying - it feels safe outside, the mess is all gone by morning, and actually staying in quite a hip hotel was kinda fun! TIP: we found the slight wurring of the AC in our room blocked out the noise at night, on a low setting.
So, my five tips...
1) Upgrade to a Platinum room
2) Book a full body massage, and make the most of the spa
3) Eat in The Grill
4) Drink a Castaway cocktail
5) keep your AC on a low setting at night for a while, if you're a light sleeper!
But there really is no-where else, I wouldn't have thought, worth staying in St Helier!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Yacht opened July 2007 and has since been regarded a 4-star grading by the AA. The Royal Yacht boasts a fantastic, location in the centre of St. Helier adjacent to Liberation Square. Modern and elegant, this hotel overlooks the harbour and is a stone's throw from the main shopping centre, with many restaurants and bars. En-suite rooms decorated in a warm, modern style, with air conditioning, flat screen televisions, telephone, hairdryers, tea & coffee facilities and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Royal Yacht Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Royal Yacht
- Royal Yacht St Helier
- Royal Yacht Hotel Jersey/St Helier