“Terrific place to stay in Jersey”
Review of Royal Yacht Hotel

Royal Yacht Hotel
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in St Helier
Reviewed 3 October 2010

Just stayed at the Royal Yacht while in Jersey for the Marathon. What a great hotel. The rooms were large, very clean with great lighting and lovely decor. Hotel is well positioned - it doesn't have its own parking but there is a public car park in Pier Road closeby (just don't forget to get parking tickets from the nearest shop as the car parks don't have ticket machines). We had lunch at their Cafe Zephyr which was good value with a nice selection of cocktails. Hotel were flexible about our checkout so we could get cleaned up after the marathon.
We are very keen to return when we are not exerting ourselves and can take more advantage of their superb facilities.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pyramid111

Reviewed 30 September 2010

Terrific location looking out on the harbour at St. Helier.with a nice roomy balcony to sit and watch the action. Very comfortable room including a TV and telephone in the bathroom ! Food is top rate especially the Sirroco restaurant .The basement boasts an up to the minute spa as well as a fully equipped gym which residents can (and do) use freely. The top marks in this hotel must go to the staff who are thoroughly nice as well as being very helpful. However there is a downside to all this splendid luxury, on the nights from Wednesday through to Saturday the nightclub 'The Drift ' attracts all the young and vocal from what sounds like the whole of Jersey. Not too bad when they are in the club but when it closes at 2.00am the crowd , often vocally enhanced with drink, pour out into the square under the front bedroom windows and keep up the volume until around 3.00pm. So no hope of sleeping with the window open (or even closed !!). heavy sleepers might find it OK with the windows shut and the air con. on but I couldn't manage it and had several terrible nights.
We found Jersey offered excellent beaches for just relaxing as well as very scenic fairly challenging North coast walks.Don't bother with a car, the roads are too narrow & the extra vehicles just clog up the roads.Jersey has a superb bus set up which gets you anywhere cheaply and easily.
Pity about the noise as this is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in.

3  Thank Goodgirl79
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Glad we booked this hotel, five star service at a four star hotel. Service exceptional throughout with special mention to hotel and spa staff.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 24 September 2010

I stayed for 2 nights in the Royal yacht in Sept 2010. I travel to Jersey 3 times a year on business and usually stay in the Country club and spa. Unfortunately they were booked out on this occasion so I tried The Royal Yacht.
Well what a disappointment, first of all a lot of the rooms are facing out to walls be careful and ask for a view in advance of your stay because if you ask while your there you’ll get a pretty sharp response from the staff basically telling you go away. The Hotel and staff have a superiority complex if you don’t like something they don’t want to know. In my stay they also missed my breakfast request even though I gave the ticket directly to their staff. When I called down I was told there’s no ticket so you get no breakfast, I wasn’t offered an alternative. When I raised the issue with the front desk I was told they had wrote down my complaint, WOW they wrote it down. I asked to speak with a manager they said he would be in later so I asked to speak with him when he came in. I go no notification that he was in the building on the day of my complaint so I asked about it when I checked out. They told me it was my fault he did not see me as I should have came looking for him.. The noted that they had a record of my issue (yellow post-it) and that was that.. Extremely Pool

Onto the good points, the Hotel is very nicely placed, the rooms were clean and the bar and restaurant attached are very good.

I would book the Country club and spa every time if I were you..

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank wm2008
LyndonFarnham, Director at Royal Yacht Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2010

Thank you for your review. We were pleased with your compliments about the hotel and its facilities but disappointed that you did not find the service up to standard. We take service levels very seriously at the Royal Yacht and our team of staff are well trained, dedicated and professional and have a very good track record of delivering excellent service as many other Trip Advisor reviews will testify. However, any form of service offered that is not up to our required high standard is unacceptable I have therefore asked the hotel management to contact you directly in order to ascertain more details so we can investigate the matter thoroughly.

Reviewed 22 September 2010

My wife and I had a great stay at this hotel, from the moment we arrived to the moment we left the service was excellent .
The food was of a high quality , specially the Zepher bar.
Our room was a little small but beautifully furnished and the bathroom extremely clean with towels to die for .You only sleep in a bedroom and spend a little of your stay there so no problems to us.
Yes it is a little noisy on a Saturday night but what the hell you are there to enjoy all aspects of Jersey.However it was very quiet the other nights.
THe acid test is would we go back - yes please tomorrow would not be soon enough.
Thanks to all the staff for making our short break a very memorable one

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2010

This hotel is absolutely fantastic. The rooms have mood lighting and are extremely comfortable. Its location allows easy access to the town and transport. It is spotlessly clean and well maintained. The staff are extremely courteous and attentive.

What more can I say. Decided to go back next year.

Reviewed 21 September 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights in a gold deluxe room on the 3rd floor (room 307). The rate included breakfast and full use of the spa. The hotel iself is fantastic as are the staff, all of whom are very friendly and helpful. I can't understand why this hotel is not 5 star, it deserves to be. Our room overlooked the Jersey Museum courtyard so only noise was from the outside bar located next to the museum but the room had good soundproofing so it wasn't a problem when the door was shut. Large balcony with comfy furniture and bed, very comfy bed king indoors, fluffy robes and slippers and large bathroom with seperate bath and shower and lovely toiletries. The room was a good size and had all the usual 5 star ammenities such as mini bar, air con, Sky TV, room service etc. We ate from room service and the food was delicious. The spa is excellent - in particular the heated marble beds. We had a massage at the spa which was wonderful! I can't recommend it highly enough. The location is very good, directly overlooking liberation square and the harbour and a very short stroll into the shopping centre. We hired a car. The hotel does not have parking but the Pier Road car park is a 5 minute walk away, the hotel can give you directions. Parking vouchers can be purchased at the hotel. The breakfast was delicious - anything we could have wanted for breakfast was on offer. Service was very good apart from the Sunday but the restaurant was very busy and there was a full wedding party having a wedding breakfast at the same time which made the service a bit slower than usual but it did not affect the quality of the food etc. All the staff within the hotel are lovely and very helpful and management are always visible on the floor keeping an eye on things. There are a number of bars and restaurants at the hotel, Cafe Zephyr is a great place for people watching with excellent food and wine, The Grill does a great steak in a relaxed bar and there is also an old fashioned bar called The Cabin and two residents only bar called The Lazyjack. We didn't eat at the Sirocco which is the 'posh' restaurant but they have great offers on a Monday where you can eat 2 for 1. We had a wonderful time at the this hotel and would love to return. We don't think you can go wrong with this hotel. It's a 10 minute drive from the airport and everything else on the island is easilly accessible especially if you have a car due to the small size of the island.