Royal Yacht Hotel
Pomme d'Or Hotel(St Helier)
US$221
  • Restaurant
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa(St Helier)
US$350
US$247
The Inn Boutique(St Helier)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$102
US$176
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hampshire Hotel(St Helier)
US$226
The Revere Hotel(St Helier)
US$189
Stafford Hotel(St Helier)
US$114
US$97
  • Breakfast included
The Savoy Jersey(St Helier)
US$201
US$190
Priceline
US$475
2,435 results
All reviewsthe grillplatinum roomsirocco restaurantgold deluxecafe zephyrsilver roomdrift barthe penthousetaxi ranklarge balconythe busjersey museumspa facilitiesbars and restaurantsrelaxation roomfantastic hotelmini bar
Reviewed 14 January 2011

Recently I stayed one night at this hotel in the penthouse suite with my wife, nice touch was that we were upgraded to the larger suite which was a pleasant surprise, as penthouse suites go the room was spacious, beautifully designed and the views from the large balcony were a delight, a staff member took great delight in showing us how various electronic controls worked within the suite and we found this with all the staff that we had contact with.
We decided that we would have dinner in their fine dining restaurant as I am very fussy where I sit, I asked the concierge for the perfect table this was done with "of course sir" it was and the dining experience with attentive staff in the background was.

So to the staff of the royal yacht thank you from the both of us and yes we will be back.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2011

Lovely hotel with fantastic helpful staff. The food is first rate and the breakfast selection and quality is the best of anywhere I have ever been. The room was very nice and big, with a good view over Liberation Square. The things that let this hotel down are the noise from people at the front of the hotel most of our stay there was a terrible noise coming from the taxi rank queue and also outside seating area of the hotel bar-café. This went on to as late as 4am! I have stayed twice at this hotel, the first time was in August 2010 and the noise problem was not much different. The mattress on the beds also are poor and very hard not to the slandered of the rest of the furnishings.
Be very careful to check you bill when leaving as some other guest had used our room number to pay off the £330 bar bill and some food items from the restaurant! I was not pleased as had to wait while the receptionist went through all the chits only to find that it was not my signature on the chit, also the name was not legible.
No car park is also a nuisance as it means you have to put you car in the public car park and mess with the pay cards all the time.
Don’t now if I would stay again and it’s a pity as its such a nice hotel and with food to die for!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank baggpuss
LyndonFarnham, Director at Royal Yacht Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2011

Thank you for your review. We were particularly pleased to receive your very positive comments in relation to the hotel itself but disappointed to learn that you found the area a little too noisy. We are situated in the heart of St Helier in a vibrant part of the town and ourselves have a wide range of bars and restaurants within the hotel which are very popular with locals and residents alike. The hotel itself is acoustically designed and fully double glazed to minimize noise from outside and inside the building. Although we do recognise that it is almost impossible to eliminate all noise we do our very best to minimise sound levels, especially at weekends. We would have been very pleased to relocate you to one of the other rooms over looking the museum courtyard or atrium garden which are quieter. We take on board your comments and will continue to do our very best to ensure our guests enjoyment and comfort is not compromised.

Reviewed 1 January 2011

This hotel was lovely. The location in terms of convenience for St Helier and connections to the rest of Jersey was outstanding, the rooms were beautifully appointed, the spa was wonderful, the food excellent, the housekeeping flawless and all of the staff were totally charming.

However we were unable to get a proper night’s sleep on a single one of the five nights we stayed there because of the noise coming from the outside area. We stayed 26-30 December inclusive which may or may not be representative, and I should stress that although I currently live in Gloucestershire I am proud to call myself a Londoner and do not retreat into my own sphincter at any noise greater than gentle birdsong. But this was seriously loud, (just voices, not music ) and cut a two hour chunk out of my sleep every night.

I brought this to the attention of the Management (of course!) who made a gracious goodwill gesture but this was hardly the point. It was claimed that the noise came from people waiting to use the taxi rank in front of the hotel which was beyond the jurisdiction of the hotel, and this was true but only up to a point. My own (regular and exasperated!) observations showed that most of the noise was coming from the al fresco sections of the bars on the ground floor of the hotel itself, so wholly within the control of the hotel management.

Management may consider that keeping the affluentials of Jersey sweet (and, in some cases, impressively bladdered) at the expense of the overnight guests getting a decent night’s kip to be a commercially viable trade-off. I could not presume to quibble: after all, I’m just a tourist so what do I know?

But I do know this: pigs will be airborne over a frozen hell before I stay there again or recommend anyone else to do so. Shame, because it’s a really nice place.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank elaine4648
LyndonFarnham, Director at Royal Yacht Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2011

Thank you for your review of the Royal Yacht Hotel. We were very pleased with your compliments about the hotel but disappointed that you were unable to sleep well. During the rebuild of the hotel we went to great lengths to ensure the rooms were well insulated and double glazed to a very high standard. In fact, when the windows and doors are closed, the sound proofing works extremely well and to the satisfaction of the vast majority of our guests. We have a number of rooms at the front of the hotel overlooking the square/plaza that can become lively and vibrant especially at this time of year. We would however, have been very pleased to relocate you to one of the other rooms over looking the museum courtyard or atrium garden which are more peaceful and possibly more appropriate in this instance. Thank you once again for taking the time to leave your comments and very much hope you will reconsider your decision and visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 22 December 2010

My husband and I spent a lovely weekend in The Penthouse suite ( 2 nights) 2 weekends ago for my birthday. The suite was stunning, with an amazing view and a we enjoyed the hot tub on the balcony which was out of this world whilst sipping champagne watching the Fete de noue! Dinner in Siroccos on the 2 nd night was great, faultless and the staff were lovely. Breakfast was enjoyed by our patio doors to our balcony both days and was really good. The Spa was enjoyable and relaxing. There was an initial problem with our hot tub which meant we couldnt use it until well into the first night, however the assistant manager rang and apologised herself, financially compensated us and a massive bouquet of flowers was delivered to our room with an apology and Happy Birthday! The only reason i chose to mention it here ..is to highlight how professional and polite they were in handling a problem which is a sign of a really good establishment. Overall we had a fantastic weekend, this was actually our 2nd stay in The Penthouse Suite and we will most certainly return next year.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bella00Emma
Reviewed 5 December 2010

Stayed for a short break and this is a great hotel. We had a gold delux on the 5th floor which had a pleasant outlook and nice balcony which I'm sure would be great in the summer.

The room was spacious and comfortable with everything you could want. Tea/ coffee makings, mini bar, flat screen TV, DVD player etc and when we wanted an iron, it was brought within a couple of minutes. The lighting was a particular feature and I counted 50 lightbulbs in the room & bathroom!

Bathroom was great with under floor heating, seperate bath and shower and plenty of fluffy towels as well as dressing gowns and slippers.

The spa was very nice and well worth a visit.

There is a good selection of bars and restaurants and breakfast was very good. We had the taster menu with a different wine with each course in Sirocco and whilst it was pleasant enough, I didn't think it was good value for money and I can't say it blew me away. I found it disappointing that the Sommelier had to measure out each glass of wine which didn't look right in what purports to be a high quality restaurant (although to be fair I think he was simply following instructions and this comment is not meant to be against him personally).

I was impressed with all of the staff who seemed friendly and professional.

The hotel is in a great central location, handy for the main shopping area and nightlife and just round the corner from the bus station, making the bus from the Airport a simple option. There is a taxi rank outside the hotel if required.

All in all this is an excellent hotel but shop around on the internet for the best rates as I noticed that it was possible to get better rates than direct with the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple