“Great hotel on a great island”

Westhill Country Hotel
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in St Helier
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Great hotel on a great island”
Reviewed 1 May 2011

I can't speak too highly of this place. The staff are the most friendly and helpful I have ever met, the grounds are beautiful, the food is excellent, the rooms are fine and overall you are made to feel very welcome and special. The place has a large free car park, free wifi in public areas. a nice bar lounge, decent free entertainment on a couple of nights, two outdoor swimming pools and an outdoor hot tub. There is a free courtesy bus down to St Helier town, otherwise a bus (19) stops very near. The gardens are beautifully maintained and as well as the pools and tub there is a table tennis table, kids play area and loads of space. We went half board and you only pay £10 a night for a 3 course dinner if booked in advance - bargain. We went in April but later in the year we understand there is entertainment most nights. There is also an indoor games room with a pool table (£1 a game). The only minor quibble I had (and it's very minor) is that whereas the swimming pools are heated in the summer they weren't when we stayed. However, we benefited from the hotel not being too busy so we had very attentive service. I can't recommend this place too highly

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank PG1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
ayrshire
Reviewed 7 October 2010

a great hotel if you like large gardens, good pool, peaceful location, great bar with low key entertainment, and the wonderful owners pets large dogs which all three of us did !.
Perhaps the room could have been larger and the food slightly more international. We liked it because it felt very relaxing.

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank robertelder
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2010

My family and I have just returned from a weeks stay at the westhill hotel. The hotel is very comfortable and has a lovely friendly atmosphere..Everywhere is spotlessly clean. The staff are some of the nicest I have come across and nothing was too much trouble for them.As for the food it was delicious, although we only booked B&B we ate in the hotel almost every night because as well as the food being so nice the prices were reasonable too. Add to that beautiful gardens, swimming pool ,hot tub. childrens pool and play area, hotel bus into town if needed. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank janet040
St Austell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2010

We decided to stay here after reading so many good reviews. I can confirm they weren't wrong! Everything was just as we expected hense my 5 star rating for all the review areas.

All the staff we met were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. This started when I booked and Lauren was so helpful in accomodating my family and mother in rooms close together. We booked half board and due to our time of arrival, moving the first nights dinner to the day we checked out was no problem. Staff seem empowered to make decisions without having to refer to managers, or quote policy, which is so refreshing.

I personally think it's popularity is because it fills the gap between the Premier Inn style budget hotel and the large corporates such as Novotel and Hilton, rated as 4 star hotels. The facilities at Westhill are no less and this is officially a 2 star! This is the type of hotel my parents took me to more years ago than I care to remember. Why? Because I could see my kids making new friends, playing in the extensive gardens, family evening entertainment, good food...the list goes on.

We met so many who were on their 3rd or 4th return visit, and we will join them next year. The formula is simple and that is why it's the best.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank WilkoCornwall_UK
West midlands
Reviewed 20 August 2010

Have just got back from the Westhill Hotel. It is friendly and grounds are great with a swiming pool . More suitable for families.
Food excellent. Evening meal fab and I would recommend you go half-board.
The hotel has a bus which takes you into town as well as the local number 19 bus. You can walk into town - it takes about 20 minutes but walking back can be a problem unless you are mega fit. Taxi cost £7 from the capital
Jersey was a nice place to go on holiday but the weather spoilt it as we only had 3 out of 7 nice days in the midlle of August.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JamesWestmidlands
uk
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Stayed in July 2010 with partner and our teenage son, this revisit follows excellent holiday in 2009. Had a great time and would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
14 Thank oftentravel
Brighton
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Our first visit to the Channel Islands and we had a great time. Hotel is a lovely mix of friendliness and exceptional service, probably the best I have come across. If you eat in the restaurant you will find a good standard of food with plenty of choice and very reasonable charge for drinks. The grounds are good, quite extensive with a good pool and my kids loved playing pool by the pool too! Free internet access in the bar as well was very welcome. All in all, highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Pomme d'Or Hotel
Pomme d'Or Hotel
#4 of 32 in St Helier
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,453 reviews

Been to Westhill Country Hotel? Share your experiences!