“soul weekend”

Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in St Helier
wigan
“soul weekend”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

went to jersey for the fitzsoul weekend excellent hotel and food thank you to victor the waiter who looked after us for the 3days we were there the music dancing everything was spot on would highly recomend visiting this beautiful island and hotel a great time was had by all will be back again next year well done to the people who organised it

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Glasgow
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Hotel is only about 200 yards from town centre. When we arrived at hotel, staff were all friendly. We asked for 2 rooms, both which were very nice and spacious. We stayed half board and the breakfasts was lovely and the evening meal was nice too. My mum and I are very plain eaters and most dishes had a sauce on it and they cooked our food to suit us, they were very helpful. It was very quiet at the hotel, due to the time of year. Only thing I was not happy with was the jacuzzi was broke when we arrived and still wasn't fixed by the time we left, also the bar was out of service as they were painting the lounge, all you could smell was the paint and my mum could not sit down stairs due to the paint fumes. They did not tell us that they were going to be doing refurbishment work at the hotel which I feel we should have known about before I booked this hotel. Overall it was a nice hotel and I would go back, but I was disappointed due to the refurbishment work and the jacuzzi not working either, this made the holiday less enjoyable.

Room Tip: If hiring a car, get the nat free set on your phone or get a sat nav due to the one way systems. My...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank GeoColvan
UK
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Stayed at this hotel over Christmas. The Hotel is isn't clean, bedroom are noisy and have no double glazing. Also, very hot. Think this Hotel should be seen by the Hotel Inspector, would be interesting to see the outcome. The only thing I can say that was good, was the food. We stayed in Jersey 32 years ago and this was our first visit back, it's not as nice as it was then.

Room Tip: Would not recommend.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Barbara J
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2012

booked a 4day 'jaunt',having not been to jersey for some 15years.approx a 10minute walk from the bus station,armed with a tourist map,i easily located the hotel.unsurprisingly,very few guests at this time of year most of which were 'not young'.several told me,they were 'regulars'.my room was large,as was the bathroom.everything worked,which was nice.breakfast was old style'full english'and good.the bar was more like a lounge and fairly priced.due to the proximity of restaurants/bars,i did not eat the evening meal.breakfast ends at 9.30 and check out is 10am.both too early for my tastes,but i was allowed to leave just before midday.overall,a very good deal!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank geeteeski
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2012 via mobile

I had to go over for business and found this searching the net.
It sounded to go to be true for the price but I thought I'd gamble...it paid off!
Upon arrival I was greeted by a polite & helpful receptionist, who got me booked in quickly while engaging in small talk.
The room was more than I expected, clean tidy & recently been decorated with plenty of room. The bathroom even though there was no window a good choic of tiles meant it was not a normal dark hole.
The breakfast was a excellent, cooked as ordered, I never ate at the hotel as there is a great Indian around the corner called Indian Ocean.
The gym looked ok, the pool & spa was fine but the steam room is a bit dated.
On the whole I was glad I booked this hotel, it's great for the town & close to harbour.
Shop around for the best price or phone them direct.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Pjohnson0410
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I spent a long weekend here arranged by Newmarket holidays. This is a very pleasant place to stay - clean and comfortable. As a single traveller I often find that single accommodation is poky, dark with a view of the dustbins. Not so at the Mayfair. There was no single supplement but I received a spacious twin room for sole use. The room looked as though it had been recently refurbished - everything looked quite new. The bathroom was large and stylish. I thought this hotel was excellent value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Coral55
rotherham
Reviewed 20 November 2012

went on a turkey and tinsel break to the mayfair the hotel is very clean and the maids are cleaning all the time our room was a suite no 1 we didnt have a view at all just looked out on to roof of hotel with pipes on top but this didnt bother us we wernt in the room at all only to sleep a lot of people were complaining about the heating being on all the time it was makin the rooms very hot we didnt find a problem with this our room was just right our room was lovely plenty of room the sitting area is a real bonus food was also very nice and was waiter service entertainment a couple of the nights was awful but the last 2 nights were good celebrated christmas and new year while we were there we also went on a few trips which are value for money saw a lot of jersey and it is a beautiful place must say we had a great time met some lovely people as well and it was a really quiet hotel at night so you got a good nights sleep every night

Room Tip: choose the suites they really are worth that bit extra more roomy
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple