With hind sight I chose the wrong hotel, the hotel itself was ok, the public rooms very fresh and modern looking, but behind the scenes needs some attention, carpets shabby and worn, stains on chair upholstery in the bedroom even though our room had supposedly had a "makeover" by this I think they meant it had been painted and had new bed linen and possibly curtains. Having said that , the bed was comfortable and the room was clean, apart from the carpet and chairs.I had upgraded to a superior room which was worth doing for the extra space, there was a double bed and 2 singles in our room, 1 single being in a little annexe off the main bedroom(I assume it was a family room) most of the staff were very friendly, helpful and professional especially the waiters and waitresses at breakfast. Whatever you asked for was provided immediately with a smile.
Sorry I can't say the same for reception staff except for the "more mature" lady who was always very friendly and ready to chat whenever we passed through reception
The 2 younger female receptionists were very professional but lacked personality, reluctant to engage in conversation and, at worst gave me the impression I was a nuisance when I asked for a new kettle(ours was badly discoloured)
The 10 min stroll from the hotel to the town and seafront which other people have described is more like a 15/20 min hike at top speed, which we had to do several times to dodge the rain.
On a positive note, it was very quiet at night which meant we had good sleeping conditions.
Not very good (especially for people who have mobility problems) is the fact that you have to carry your cases down a flight of stairs before you can use the lift, then when you get out at your floor you have a few more steps to climb to get into the corridor your room is on
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy your stay at the the newly refurbished Hampshire Hotel. Warm soothing tones, natural woods and tiled floors have transformed the hotel into a colonial style oasis in the heart of St Helier. Each of the 42 bedrooms extends the promise of comfort and rest. Plus, families can benefit from interconnecting suites. Upgraded with flat screen TVs and free WI-FI Internet access, it’s an ideal base for the business traveller too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampshire Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Hampshire St Helier
- Hotel Legacy Hampshire
- Hampshire Hotel Jersey/St Helier