“Good location, comfortable”

The Club Hotel & Spa
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in St Helier
Reviewed 22 May 2012

It is some years since I last stayed at this hotel on business; I have tended to stay at one overlooking the main port/harbour. It did not disappoint although I must find out how to get a room that does not overlook the car park! Actually not sure whether the views from any of the rooms are particularly good for this more centrally and conveniently located hotel. Front office staff were polite, efficient and helpful. Rooms well appointed and very comfortable bed. Bathroom excellent and passed the real test of a good hotel in having an excellent strong power shower; brilliant. TV system not straightforward to use. Breakfast offering was good but hate having continental only included in the price and then having to pay extra for bit of toast and scrambled eggs which was also far too salty. Had to pay for water from minibar; again I think a bedside bottle of water should be included in the price.

Room Tip: Ask for room that has a view other than of the car park!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank GCR484

Reviewed 18 May 2012

I booked my room / package in February 2012 for a one night stay in May and received an email with letter attached confirming my booking with a booking confirmation number. At 1pm on the day before I was due to arrive, the hotel called to cancel my booking as they had overbooked the hotel and they had decided that my booking was going to be cancelled. No where on the booking confirmation I received did it state that a confirmed booking could be cancelled by the hotel. They gave no criteria as to why I was selected. They offered different accommodation which they would book and they would also pay for the spa treatment at the new hotel but the new hotel were unable to meet the other offers (late check out and Sunday lunch) that were included in my original package with The Club Spa and Hotel. Have a 'back up hotel' in mind if you choose to stay here.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank HolsHappy
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I have just returned from a two night, three day stay at this hotel with a friend, where we went to celebrate our 50th birthdays. Having been fortunate enough to stay in hundreds of hotels worldwide I thought this hotel was fabulous.The location was central, but quiet. The service from all the hotel staff truly faultless and nothing was ever too much trouble, the food delicious and the room was well equipped, modern, clean and very comfortable. The staff in the Spa were discreet, welcoming and professional which made the treatments my friend and I both had from the two therapists, incredibly relaxing. The only problem was we both had such a wonderful time neither of us wanted to leave! I will definitely be returning to Jersey as everyone we encountered was so friendly, the island was clean, beautiful ( even in less than perfect weather) and The Club hotel is where I will be booking again without a doubt.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Louise T
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We have just reurned from a weekend stay in Jersey. We would recommend this hotel to anybody who fancies a relaxing weekend. The hotel is modern, clean and in a great location. Within walking distance of the shops or the harbour.
Nothing too much trouble for the staff, who were freindly and efficient.
2 great restaurants and bars, one of which has a michelin star.
Would like to have made more of the spa, alas time didnt allow.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We've just returned from a three day break in Jersey. The weather was dreadful but we still enjoyed the holiday as the hotel was so very pleasant. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. The food was superb -not just the fantastic michelin starred restaurant where we had one of the best dinners ever but also the hotel's breakfasts and evening meals. Our room was extremely comfortable and spotlessly clean with all the facilities you could need or wish for. The pool and spa facilities were wonderful too - a delightful way to start the day. Jersey in the rain wasn't that amazing, though the War Tunnels are a must, but the hotel is worth going back to again and again!

Room Tip: We had just an ordinary room on the third floor - it was excellent, and I understand there are even...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Reebs123
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My partner and I have just returned from a 3 night stay at The Club Hotel & Spa, Jersey, having been recommended by a friend who lives on the island.
The trip was in celebration of my birthday, and we were delighted to be informed at the check in desk that we had been upgraded to a Master Suite, along with a welcome glass of bubbly!
Needless to say, our room was fantastic, including two bathrooms, one with a sauna function shower, a living room, and bathrobes. We had a view of the swimming pool to the rear, and could hear the water feature gently running during the day - very relaxing.
The real stand out for both my partner and I was the service we received. Every member of staff we came across was exceptionally helpful. The standard to which our room was cleaned each day is the best I have ever seen, and it really seemed as if nothing was too much trouble. I requested a late check out the night before our departure and was told this was no trouble at all.
We had breakfast in bed - my partner had a cooked breakfast, which is a charged extra, but I went for the inclusive continental, which turned out to be huge, and had a very good choice indeed.
We made very good use of the honesty bar and of our mini bar, and I was very pleased to note that the prices were in line with what I would expect to pay in a pub in my hometown, and not some ridiculously inflated rip off.
My last comment is about the staff again - I have stayed in a number of four and five star properties, and often the staff come off as cold and more than a little snooty - not so here at the Club; from manager Tim, down to every one of his staff, the aim is clearly to offer excellent service; something they achieved in spades during our stay.
We will be back

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChalkysChum
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Took my hubby here so he could have a few days R&R whilst I worked :( Absolutely amazing place with staff attitude spot on. Like finding a nursery with decent teachers but no children about!! My only gripe was the cost of the wine in their Michelin restaurant, but hey that is to be expected. The food was amazing and the cheese board almost worth the trip alone. It has a car park as well which is a bonus. Super rooms with lovely touches and a good, if small, spa. I have stayed here about 6 times now and think it is in my top 10 hotels in Europe, certainly my favourite in Jersey.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
#1 of 5 in StSaviour
Pomme d'Or Hotel
Pomme d'Or Hotel
#3 of 32 in St Helier

Been to The Club Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!