“Nice place though wifi was a nightmare”

The Club Hotel & Spa
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in St Helier
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This place is pretty nice but there are some really annoying factors which limited my grading of it. I needed wifi to do my work and could not get it in our room. I mentioned it to staff several times on different days and each time they said it was working fine but that they would reset the router and each time there was no improvement. It logged on for 30secs and then off repeatedly. It meant I had to work in the public areas where it worked perfectly which was far from ideal. We tried 3 different devices and it also worked in every other restaurant/place we visited in the islands so it wasn't us!

Why on earth is the bathroom sink so low that its only at the height of my knees (I am only 5ft 10"!) and who designed the entrance to the car park which is really horrid?! Plus no clock in the room of any sort and no plug socket next to the bed to charge a phone - weird?! On the plus side, the shower was AMAZING!

Other than these small points it a pretty nice place and a good location for St Helier. The Spa was ok but not really sure what the experience shower was about as there is no signage showing how to use it?

2  Thank zjfa146

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed here for one night on business and it was a fantastic experience from check in to check out. Very friendly staff who gave me a tour of all the facilities on check in - Honesty Bar (great idea), spa facilities, bar and restaurant. By the time I got to my room my suitcase was waiting alongside some shortbread and a personalised welcome letter. Lots of nice touches.
The room itself was excellent - very large and modern with nice view to the outdoor heated pool (which being Nov was more for looking at than swimming in!). The bed was huge and by far one of the most comfortable I have slept in.
I opted for room service and the food was excellent. Salmon with lentils and bacon and a hazelnut & praline macaroon with orange sorbet... Masterchef was on TV at the time and I would've chosen the hotel food over what was on the screen anytime!
The staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I wish all the hotels I stayed in for business were as good as the Club Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was very fortunate to stay at The Club Hotel & Spa for the first but certainly not the last time last week. I was revisiting Jersey on business after an absence of many years and then being joined by my wife for a long weekend. The Club Hotel & Spa proved to be the ideal choice with a great central location with very easy walking distance to the centre of St. Helier and free parking. The hotel staff were very polite & attentive and the spa proved ideal for a treat or a spot of relaxation. Our room was very spacious, immaculately clean, the bathroom was roomy with a lovely deep bath and powerful shower but the crowning glory was the huge amazingly comfortable bed with fresh crisp white bed linen.

We're already looking forward to our next visit.....!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel twice and would stay again! Its clean and bright and the rooms are really cosy. The beds and bedding are luxurious and so comfortable, the turn down service with shortbread left on your pillow, is a lovely touch. Bathrooms are very clean and a pleasure to spend time in!

The breakfast is varied and very good, you can have your healthy musli followed by a fry up!

Location is good, there is a very narrow car park, so I suggest
getting a small hire car to fit! Shops and town is a few minutes walk to the left, to the right is the tunnel that will take you to the harbour side with some good restaurants.

The staff are very welcoming and friendly, which seems to be lacking in a lot of hotels I've stayed at lately!

The spa is brilliant, the hubby and I had a great day in there, with all sorts of treatments! Well worth a visit.

Long and short of it, we had a lovely time here and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My husband and I took our two young children (5yrs & 2yrs) to Jersey for a short break and stayed at The Club Hotel. We had a superb time. We booked the family suite which was two bedrooms (one of which was the lounge with a double sofa bed made up for the children). The door from the corridor to our suite opened up to a small lobby with wardrobe, which then had the three doors - bathroom and two bedrooms (with the master bedroom then having an en-suite). It was a great way for us all to enjoy the break. The bed in the master bedroom was larger than kingsize, with two single Hypnos mattresses (I checked!) zipped together. Really high quality linen and comfortable pillows. There were two different sized dressing gowns for the children and a teddy bear each, which was a lovely touch! Elemis products in the bathroom. The only negative thing to say is that the mattress on the sofa bed tended to sink down the centre meaning that the two children ended up almost on top of each other by the end of the night. I think a new mattress is definitely needed.

As we were 'babysitting' in the evening we ordered room service both nights and enjoyed wonderful food. The spa was fantastic, with a select range of well-chosen treatments. The pool was lovely and warm and they didn't mind us taking our children for a swim (it was very quiet and so we weren't disturbing others!).

I have stayed at both The Grande Hotel and The Royal Yacht in Jersey (and enjoyed both for different reasons), but The Club would definitely be the place I would recommend if wanting a relaxing break. Is a smaller hotel and so much more personal and friendly. The staff were excellent with the children - even when our son decided to take a trip down from our room on the 2nd floor to the reception on the ground floor by himself!

Location about 5mins walk to the main shopping area of St Helier. All in all a great stay - we highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Booked for our wedding anniversary trip via BA.com.

The hotel had upgraded us to a suite room and we really loved the separate shower, room location and bed which was very comfy. The air conditioning didn't seem to work well and as the hotel were unable to unlock the patio door, the room was stuffy on occasions.

The hotel is in a good location, being a leisurely 10 minute stroll to the shops and centre and with our rainy weekend the presence of the bar and spa always meant there was something to do, and the Bohemia Restaurant meant that for a special occasion, you didn't have to venture out of the hotel - get dressed up, enjoy a cocktail in the bar and then experience a beautiful dinner.

We will stay here again when we next visit Jersey..

D&J

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a business trip for two nights and couldn't fault it. Staff amazing on reception, lovely bar and food. Rooms very nice and modern. Makes a nice change from the soulless, generic business hotels I normally stay in. Will definitely be back and would highly recommend for work or pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2013
#1 of 5 in StSaviour
The Inn Boutique
The Inn Boutique
#4 of 31 in St Helier

Been to The Club Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!