“Total chill”

The Club Hotel & Spa
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in St Helier
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Great hotel for a relaxing weekend. Great good, great accommodation & super friendly staff. Highly recommended for those looking for a stress free break in the Channel Islands. This hotel provided us with a completely stress free break that was the aim of our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank MikePurton
There are newer reviews for The Club Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel and didn't like it. Our room was on the 2nd floor and overlooked the car park and a block of multi storey flats, it looked very built up and the view was awful. We walked through the bar a couple of times to get into the town and felt very uncomfortable. We ate in one of the nights and most of my food went back, and it was quite expensive, and then they added a 10% service charge! We looked at the pool area and it was full so avoided it. The staff weren't friendly at all. My opinion is that there are much nicer places to stay in Jersey where they make you feel welcome and for this reason we would not return.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank barbshrop
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights whilst on business. Classy hotel and near the centre of St Helier from what I could tell. Member of staff took our cases up and put them in our rooms when we arrived. Lovely room and Elemis toiletries gave it the high class feel. Robes and slippers available although didn't find the robes until 2nd night. When I returned from dinner I had some shortbread awaiting along with a bottle of water - nice touch. Air conditioning so could have the room temperature to my liking. Had breakfast in the restaurant once which was ok but not great then we seemed to have been charged too much for it when we received the bill which my colleague is yet to query. Never got a chance to go to the spa unfortunately. Bed was comfortable and had a really good sleep. Hope to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This place is pretty nice but there are some really annoying factors which limited my grading of it. I needed wifi to do my work and could not get it in our room. I mentioned it to staff several times on different days and each time they said it was working fine but that they would reset the router and each time there was no improvement. It logged on for 30secs and then off repeatedly. It meant I had to work in the public areas where it worked perfectly which was far from ideal. We tried 3 different devices and it also worked in every other restaurant/place we visited in the islands so it wasn't us!

Why on earth is the bathroom sink so low that its only at the height of my knees (I am only 5ft 10"!) and who designed the entrance to the car park which is really horrid?! Plus no clock in the room of any sort and no plug socket next to the bed to charge a phone - weird?! On the plus side, the shower was AMAZING!

Other than these small points it a pretty nice place and a good location for St Helier. The Spa was ok but not really sure what the experience shower was about as there is no signage showing how to use it?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zjfa146
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed here for one night on business and it was a fantastic experience from check in to check out. Very friendly staff who gave me a tour of all the facilities on check in - Honesty Bar (great idea), spa facilities, bar and restaurant. By the time I got to my room my suitcase was waiting alongside some shortbread and a personalised welcome letter. Lots of nice touches.
The room itself was excellent - very large and modern with nice view to the outdoor heated pool (which being Nov was more for looking at than swimming in!). The bed was huge and by far one of the most comfortable I have slept in.
I opted for room service and the food was excellent. Salmon with lentils and bacon and a hazelnut & praline macaroon with orange sorbet... Masterchef was on TV at the time and I would've chosen the hotel food over what was on the screen anytime!
The staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I wish all the hotels I stayed in for business were as good as the Club Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was very fortunate to stay at The Club Hotel & Spa for the first but certainly not the last time last week. I was revisiting Jersey on business after an absence of many years and then being joined by my wife for a long weekend. The Club Hotel & Spa proved to be the ideal choice with a great central location with very easy walking distance to the centre of St. Helier and free parking. The hotel staff were very polite & attentive and the spa proved ideal for a treat or a spot of relaxation. Our room was very spacious, immaculately clean, the bathroom was roomy with a lovely deep bath and powerful shower but the crowning glory was the huge amazingly comfortable bed with fresh crisp white bed linen.

We're already looking forward to our next visit.....!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel twice and would stay again! Its clean and bright and the rooms are really cosy. The beds and bedding are luxurious and so comfortable, the turn down service with shortbread left on your pillow, is a lovely touch. Bathrooms are very clean and a pleasure to spend time in!

The breakfast is varied and very good, you can have your healthy musli followed by a fry up!

Location is good, there is a very narrow car park, so I suggest
getting a small hire car to fit! Shops and town is a few minutes walk to the left, to the right is the tunnel that will take you to the harbour side with some good restaurants.

The staff are very welcoming and friendly, which seems to be lacking in a lot of hotels I've stayed at lately!

The spa is brilliant, the hubby and I had a great day in there, with all sorts of treatments! Well worth a visit.

Long and short of it, we had a lovely time here and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012
#1 of 5 in StSaviour
Pomme d'Or Hotel
Pomme d'Or Hotel
#3 of 32 in St Helier

Been to The Club Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!