“Very Comfortable & Friendly Hotel”

The Club Hotel & Spa
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in St Helier
Douglas, United Kingdom
“Very Comfortable & Friendly Hotel”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights in January 2014. This is a very Stylish Hotel - Small enough to be personal and intimate but with all the facilities your would expect from a larger 5 star hotel.
Staff extremely friendly - A Porter will meet your taxi at the front door and take your case straight up to your room while you are checking in. The dining room caters for your every need. We asked for Herbal Teas at breakfast and a specific type of bread - Both of which were received quickly and without any fuss.
The rooms are spacious and clean with lovely Elemis toiletries . And the night time service where a bottle of chilled water is left by your bed along with freshly baked shortbread biscuits.
Overall a very pleasant stay and if I return to Jersey on a personal trip I will definateley be staying at the Club.
The Bohemia Restaurant is one of the top eating places in Jersey - Great value for money and a marvellous experience from a Michelin Star Chef

Room Tip: Third Floor Rooms are excellent value. Spacious and with a good view over the front of the Hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed here alone May before last.

The hotel is great, modern contemporary decor in good condition. The wifi works well, the reception staff polite and helpful.

My room was on the front over the bar terrace and noise from folk below and passing traffic could be heard with the window closed which disrupted my sleep. Also they have large parasols over the terrace, the one was banging against my window in the wind, but when I reported it they soon collapsed it for me,

The hotel is just out of the town centre and if walking you need to walk through a car tunnel which is full of fumes and not very pleasant so to save the walk, 10 minutes or so, you may prefer to take a taxi.

The morning buffet breakfast is great with plenty to choose from.

Great hotel, staff, room and breakfast. A little out of town, and noisy if your room is facing the road.

Please hit 'YES' if you found this helpful

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
West Kirby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I very rarely give five stars but in this case I think it was deserved. Went for NYE and a couple of days into the New Year.

Had a complimentary room upgrade which was very appreciated for my wife's birthday. Room outstanding, large, comfortable, sitting area everything top quality as you would expect. Facilities such as shortbread in evening, high end bathroom products, everything was great.

Food- simply outstanding, do eat at the Bohemia restaurant. Breakfast- yes you do need to pay additional for hot food which is probably a bit of a con but you know about this now so I think you pay your money and take your choice.

Staff- very good, all friendly nothing too much trouble- excellent again.

Spa- Brilliant- good treatments, excellent staff- can only be used certain times of day without additional charges so be warned.

In general its a very pricey hotel, there are lots of additions, for example most things have automatic service charge added, this really tots up after a few days. Drinks are expensive as is all mini bar items, but there are in line for what you would expect for this sort of hotel.

All in all for a nice treat this place was absolutely brilliant, although my wallet is feeling it now!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TheFirrs
Purton
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Great hotel for a relaxing weekend. Great good, great accommodation & super friendly staff. Highly recommended for those looking for a stress free break in the Channel Islands. This hotel provided us with a completely stress free break that was the aim of our stay.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank MikePurton
ludlow
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel and didn't like it. Our room was on the 2nd floor and overlooked the car park and a block of multi storey flats, it looked very built up and the view was awful. We walked through the bar a couple of times to get into the town and felt very uncomfortable. We ate in one of the nights and most of my food went back, and it was quite expensive, and then they added a 10% service charge! We looked at the pool area and it was full so avoided it. The staff weren't friendly at all. My opinion is that there are much nicer places to stay in Jersey where they make you feel welcome and for this reason we would not return.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank barbshrop
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights whilst on business. Classy hotel and near the centre of St Helier from what I could tell. Member of staff took our cases up and put them in our rooms when we arrived. Lovely room and Elemis toiletries gave it the high class feel. Robes and slippers available although didn't find the robes until 2nd night. When I returned from dinner I had some shortbread awaiting along with a bottle of water - nice touch. Air conditioning so could have the room temperature to my liking. Had breakfast in the restaurant once which was ok but not great then we seemed to have been charged too much for it when we received the bill which my colleague is yet to query. Never got a chance to go to the spa unfortunately. Bed was comfortable and had a really good sleep. Hope to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Sussex
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This place is pretty nice but there are some really annoying factors which limited my grading of it. I needed wifi to do my work and could not get it in our room. I mentioned it to staff several times on different days and each time they said it was working fine but that they would reset the router and each time there was no improvement. It logged on for 30secs and then off repeatedly. It meant I had to work in the public areas where it worked perfectly which was far from ideal. We tried 3 different devices and it also worked in every other restaurant/place we visited in the islands so it wasn't us!

Why on earth is the bathroom sink so low that its only at the height of my knees (I am only 5ft 10"!) and who designed the entrance to the car park which is really horrid?! Plus no clock in the room of any sort and no plug socket next to the bed to charge a phone - weird?! On the plus side, the shower was AMAZING!

Other than these small points it a pretty nice place and a good location for St Helier. The Spa was ok but not really sure what the experience shower was about as there is no signage showing how to use it?

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple