“Good find”

The Club Hotel & Spa
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in St Helier
Reviewed 23 April 2014

5 night stay. Lovely hotel very close to the shopping area of St Helier. Excellent spa facilities including pool, steam room and sauna. No gym. Restaurant offers tasting menus as well as set menu and bar food. Great cocktail selection. Although the information book in the room had a section for spa treatments, it did not actually list them out and the cost.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Chris H

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My wife & I have recently returned from along weekend in Jersey and we stayed at The Club Hotel & Spa. I have to say it was one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in a long time. We arrived early but they made the room available virtually straight away and what a lovely room too with separate sitting room and two shower rooms. The restaurant with it's michelin star was the best of the four we experienced on the island. The spa was very good. All staff were very friendly and showed an interest, however special mention must go to Przemek on reception who showed particular interest in our experience, was very friendly and helpful. He even sought us out when we were waiting to leave as his shift was ending and wanted to say good bye. Little things but they make a difference. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Clicked on fitness centre by mistake as it does not have one. Got a bit carried away:)
1  Thank bkr1964
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We chose this hotel carefully and it exceeded our expectations. The customer service was excellent and we really appreciated the little details such as the shortbread and water at night. The room was spotlessly clean and clean towels were constantly replenished. We had a massage each and the hot stone massage from Phoebe was a lovely, relaxing experience. I would strongly recommend it.The hotel is brilliantly situated for exploring the island. The buses run regularly and it costs about £1.80 to travel anywhere on the island. We didn't have breakfast or dinner but the food looked delicious. It was lovely to sit in the bar and enjoy a cocktail before going out.We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room just off the reception at the back of the hotel. Very quiet and ideal for the spa. It...
2  Thank Sue187045
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Superb stay. We were a family of 4 (2 young girls 8 & 10yrs) who had a luxuorious time & were totally spoilt by the staff working there. We used the Spa (husband had lovely massage), pool - kids loved it, I used the Sauna & experience shower - all added to our overall enjoyment at this hotel. Warm weather meant we could have sat out by the outdoor pool or on the sun terrace but we just didn't have the time as we fitted in plenty of sightseeing. Staff were friendly and extremely helpful, rooms very clean and regular towel change. Beds turned down, carafe of water & shortbread biscuits on the evening - the kids loved it. We all enjoyed a meal in the bar restaurant & would definitely return to this hotel. I thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: Our room was 202 (2nd floor) which was a suite comprising 2 rooms (one for the kids) - this was at t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SJB1906
Reviewed 15 April 2014

-There are only steps to gain entrance to the hotel. If there is another entrance they didn't tell me and I continued to struggle with steps.
-On arrival we were told we had been upgraded to a studio. When we checked our paperwork we'd booked and paid for a studio!
-After breakfast I returned to room to clean my teeth and nip to the loo - no water. I phoned reception and was advised that it would be off for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. No offer of bottled water to room, so I took my toothbrush and went to the public toilets opposite to clean teeth etc.
Returned to hotel after day out about 4:30, still no water. It was suggested I went down the stairs to the spa and have shower. This wasn't feasible and I wanted a relaxing soak in bath.
I was told to wait an hour and water should then be on. My mum enquired if there were any rooms with water, and we were advised that it was only our floor without water, and yes there were empty rooms but it would be a problem for house keeping if we used these rooms as they were ready for the weekend.
Quite surprised at old tv and digi box converter in our room. Picture quality very poor.
At check out, I was asked if everything was ok with our stay, when I mentioned the water situation, the response was 'yes, that was a shame' and I was passed the FULL bill.
This break was my birthday present off my mum & if I had been paying it would not have been acceptable for no reduction for the lack of facilities.

Room Tip: front overlooks a quite busy road and rooftop bar, rear overlooks the swimming pool, double glazing...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2014

One night business trip, accompanied by my wife.
I've stayed at four other Jersey hotels in recent months - I was keen to try the Club as I'd read the positive reviews. I wasn't disappointed - it was an excellent stay.
SERVICE - The staff were very friendly and attentive from start to finish. I had made some special requests when making my booking (e.g. related to car parking), and the staff accommodated my requests politely and efficiently.
ROOM - Spacious, clean well-equipped with a large and comfortable bed. No complaints.
SWIMMING POOL/SPA - The pool is a bit small for serious swimming, but my wife and I enjoyed trying out the various spa facilities.
FOOD - My wife persuaded me to try out the Bohemia restaurant (Michelin star cuisine) - we had a fantastic experience there. The food was sublime. In the morning we had a Continental breakfast (included in our room rate at a reasonable price) - this was a good selection and well-prepared and presented.
OVERALL - a superb experience. I think the only drawback to the hotel is the location - it's not quite as well-situated as the Royal Yacht, for example.
I'd say the Club now ranks alongside the Royal Yacht as my favourite St Helier hotel, and would definitely recommend it to visitors.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Beautiful hotel, bright and airy, easy location for getting around. Staff and manager were first class, slept soundly all our visit in our lovely room. All in all 10/10 and look forward to returning soon

1  Thank Jason R
#1 of 5 in StSaviour
The Inn Boutique
The Inn Boutique
#4 of 31 in St Helier

Been to The Club Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!