Let's start with the positives – this is a great hotel, fantastically located close to both the harbour and town centre and has parking* for those driving too.
The rooms are tidy, modern and clean and the spa facilities are an excellent addition. The staff too are very helpful and friendly. Breakfast is good, although if you want hot food you have to pay extra (and at expensive restaurant prices too). The vast continental selection is perfectly adequate for the vast majority though.
However, considering the price of the rooms, there are a few points that could do with looking at. Unfortunately it seems the place is resting on its laurels a bit, and as another reviewer said, is falling into disrepair in paces.
Off the top of my head: Wi-Fi doesn't reach inside most rooms, and is patchy at best everywhere else; There seems to be a chronic shortage of towels for the outdoor swimming pool; Similarly, why are there only five sun beds for the whole hotel? Add to that broken umbrellas, tiles falling off the walls in the Spa, grime around the pools, broken switches in the rooms, a huge but completely confusing and badly-designed Hotel Information pack (we had no idea what was included for free in the Spa, how to connect to Wi-Fi and even struggled to find what time breakfast was), and many many other little things.
To be honest, Senior Management need to get a grip here and could do with asking somebody to stay a couple of nights in secret and make a long list of all the little things that need improving.
Don't get me wrong: the hotel is really great and is well worth using, but for the price you are paying everything should be perfect.
(*As other reviewers have said, if you have a wide car you will struggle to get into the car park, which is up a VERY narrow, steep slope.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Club Hotel & Spa, Jersey's newest and most exciting luxury boutique property. Since our opening in the summer of 2005 we are delighted to hold an "Inspectors Choice" award from the AA as a Red Star Property. Ideally located alongside our Michelin starred and 4 AA Rosette Bohemia Restaurant in the heart of St Helier and just a stone's throw from the island's breathtaking beaches, this sophisticated townhouse hotel will be the perfect destination whether on business or pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Club Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Club Hotel St. Helier
- The Club Hotel And Spa
- The Club Hotel & Spa Jersey/St Helier