As I write this review I am really torn.
Some of the hotel staff are really helpful and one of them have sent my friends next door a basket of fruits to help to celebrate their honeymoon.
But, maybe I can list out the Pros and Cons here for your reference :
generally very helpful staff (except for one)
Nice decor and nice toiletries
pretty central location
dirt on the bed sheet when we hopped in !
a staff who actually opened my room door (and i am not sure if he actually came in) but I was taking a nap and when I noticed someone was at the door, I asked "who's this?" and the guy replied "ooh, I'm fixing the TV, yeah nevermind" and left.
I spoke to another hotel staff and she was very apologetic but seriously. How would a single girl sleeping in a hotel room at 4 pm feel really secure with a random guy who DID NOT identify himself and said random words and then left ?
When i mentioned this to another staff, who turns out it was him who came in. Instead of being apologetic and said "Sorry if this freaked you out" , he told me the night before a gentleman reported the TV is not working (and it still wasn't). I have checked in 2 hours ago when this happened and how would a 4 star hotel doesn't know its guests and if maintenance took quite a long time to come across that's really bad compared to the Hilton's or the Marriott's or the Sheratons. These are the ones I normally stayed and I travelled every 3-5 weeks on average !
He then accused me if I was taking a nap, I should have put a sign outside the door so no one would disturb me.
So, everyone who is reading this, I ask you the following:
The fact that telling your guest that they are wrong and you are right - is that how a proper 4 star or good hotel get things done? Housekeeping staff will always identify themselves, why wouldn't other staff ?
If you are not worried about occasional dodgy staff - this would be a good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Club Hotel & Spa, Jersey's newest and most exciting luxury boutique property. Since our opening in the summer of 2005 we are delighted to hold an "Inspectors Choice" award from the AA as a Red Star Property. Ideally located alongside our Michelin starred and 4 AA Rosette Bohemia Restaurant in the heart of St Helier and just a stone's throw from the island's breathtaking beaches, this sophisticated townhouse hotel will be the perfect destination whether on business or pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Lastminute, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Club Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Club Hotel St. Helier
- The Club Hotel And Spa
- The Club Hotel & Spa Jersey/St Helier