The Club Hotel & Spa
Apollo Hotel(St Helier)
US$151
US$139
  • Pool
The Inn Boutique(St Helier)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$102
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa(St Helier)
US$350
US$247
US$176
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Revere Hotel(St Helier)
US$189
US$150
US$475
US$195
US$164
Stafford Hotel(St Helier)
US$97
  • Breakfast included
The Savoy Jersey(St Helier)
US$201
US$190
Priceline
US$264
getaroom.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbohemia restauranthonesty barcontinental breakfastexperience showerhomemade shortbreadmichelin star restaurantelemis toiletriesturn down servicemaster suitewell stocked mini baroutdoor poolon arrivalcar parkgreen streetsteam roomlovely hotellittle touches
Reviewed 19 July 2009

We just returned from the UK and made a quick trip over to Jersey and elected to stay at The Club Hotel & Spa after researching the reviews on this destination. We had no other reason to go to Jersey other than to say we have been there!

What a surprise we received upon our arrival considering most online reviews tend to be the result of over inflated egos - both good and bad. The hotel proved to be a wonderful, chic, getaway convenient to most things important to see in St. Helier. This hotel is certainly not grandma's country cottage by any stretch of your imagination.

Our guest room was delightful, very comfortable and we loved the feather bed. We almost missed breakfast on morning for, shall we say, sleeping in late both mornings?

We found the small deck and pool to be a wonderful location to escape for a bit of fresh sea air and a couple of glasses of wine while polishing off a couple of books we had been attacking on our countless air flights during our vacation. The intimacy of this area was downright sexy and the thermal suite was a treat, as well.

We were especially impressed with our dining experience in The Bohemia Restaurant. Chef Rankin's staff prepared an excellent tasting menu and we savored the Jersey shellfish and oysters and caviar as well as the Pork, Scallop and Sea bass dishes. The wine list was varied and appeals to all level of tastes and expense accounts. We found the service to be professional, friendly, attentive and not intrusive...it was one of the most romantic evening we had during our trip!

Though our time was brief at this boutique hotel, we managed to squeeze in a massage and the hotel's facilities were very attractive and the staff was top drawer! AHHHHHHH!

Jersey and The Club Hotel and Spa started out as an adventure and ended as a great escape to luxury. We'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2009

My girlfriend booked us in to the Club as a present (I am very lucky) and I cannot begin to say how amazing it was. The hotel and the restaurant downstairs are very stylish - modern and understated but oozing luxury. Our room had a small lounge off it and all was immaculate. We were booked in to the Bohemia restaurant for dinner and decided to treat ourselves to the tasting menu - wow. I love eating out and have tried tasting menus a couple of times in quality restaurants but this really was in a completely different league. Shaun Rankin is the chef and was recently on TV for the Great British Menu. He is just an amazing talent and the place really deserves its Michelin star. If I had any criticism it would possibly be that the extensive wine list is a bit pricey but it would be a shame when enjoying such amazing food not to have drink to compliment.

In the morning we went to the Club spa to make use of the facilities and to have a Rasul. The spa is quite small but like the rest of the hotel very luxurious and like an oasis of calm. Relaxing on the Sunday morning after a slap-up breakfast flicking through the papers, occasionally swimming and using the sauna I thought life doesn't get much better than this. I didn't really know what to expect with the Rasul thing but again was very pleasantly surprised - well worth trying out particularly if you can share the experience with your partner as is very sensual covering each other in the warm mud ; )

All the staff we encountered were attentive, polite and very professional. Nothing was ever too much to ask.

I think it is fair to say that the Club is most likely to appeal to adult guests, couples, single travellers, businessmen rather than families although I am sure all would be made very welcome.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KoS111
Reviewed 3 July 2009

This is an extract of a letter to the hotel - they have not replied or acknowledged the letter.

I stayed at this hotel for three nights from Thursday 4th June, along with my three friends. We booked a Pyjama Party package with additional spa treatments. We made the original reservation in January 2009 and booked our extra treatments in March.

We found the hotel both comfortable and stylish. Although the location is diasappointing (views over offices and car parks) the décor is beautiful and the bar and restaurant staff were very attentive and friendly. We particularly liked the chocolates and shortbread in the rooms but I am afraid that, whilst the hotel shows excellent attention to such detailed points, it seems that some more basic areas are lacking. Overall, our stay did not meet our expectations and we left feeling very disappointed.

On Friday 5th June we ate in Bohemia. The food and service was excellent but we finished the meal with fresh mint tea, which, to our disgust, contained a number of dead insects! The staff apologised and brought fresh, insect free tea but we were very surprised that this could happen in a Michelin star restaurant.

The following evening we ordered four mojitos. Being a mint based cocktail I joked that we ought to check for bugs. Unfortunately, the joke was short-lived as our drinks were in fact crawling with insects, some still alive. We went to reception to complain. Again, we received an apology and the drinks were replaced. We were assured not to worry as “the alcohol would have killed them!” which, as you can imagine was not a significant comfort to us especially as we all had pre-dinner mojitos the evening before!

The justification given by the duty manager was that the hotel had received a batch of infested mint. This is frankly ridiculous. I am sure they source much of the produce locally and organically so insects, therefore, are to be expected. Having so many of them reach our drinks is, however, completely unacceptable. It demonstrates that, despite the high standards they claim to maintain, the staff do not follow basic food preparation rules such as washing fresh herbs before use! That it could happen on two consecutive nights is unforgivable.

When we came to check-out we found that the prices we were charged for our additional spa treatments had increased significantly from those quoted at the time of booking. When we queried the prices the duty manager informed us that the prices were subject to change at any time. Whilst I understand completely a business has to alter prices on occasion I feel strongly that we should not have been charged the higher rates as:

• we were not notified us that the prices had changed prior to our arrival despite several emials on other subjects
• when we checked into the hotel there was no mention of any price increase
• the prices quoted in the Hotel Guide in our rooms showed the prices as they were when we booked, and therefore expected to pay. There was nothing to indicate that the prices were invalid or in the process of being updated.

The duty manager informed us that it was our responsibility to check the prices ourselves before having our treatments and that personally the first thing she does when she arrives at a hotel is to call the spa and check if the prices are correct. Clearly, she is used to staying in similar hotels to this one - I however am not. I have stayed in hotels all over the world and I have never experienced such bad customer service. Surely as a common courtesy to your guests you should inform them if prices have increased and allow them to make a decision as to whether the increased price is acceptable or cancel the service.

When asked why the prices in the Hotel Guide showed the original prices the duty manager replied that the pages have to be printed especially as they are contained in a special ring binder. This is absurd – all that was required was a simple covering note slipped loose into the front of the Guide. Giving no indication the prices were wrong is misleading and unprofessional. The duty manager was unwilling to compromise, placing the onus on us as guests to check and we were forced to pay the full price.

The ootdorr pool is very pretty but small and there are only 5 sun loungers. When we stayed there were pieces of broken glass at the edge of the outdoor pool and my friend cut her foot quite badly on Friday afternoon. We reported this immediately and were given TCP and plasters but no one was sent to sweep the pool area to ensure there was no more glass.

In addition to the issues mentioned above I would also like to point out that:

1. the salt steam cabin in the spa was out of order for the duration of our stay
2. the music in the relaxation room was not working for the duration of our stay
3. the experience shower was not working on Friday 4th June, our main spa day

it is completely understandable for some facilities to be unavailable on occasion but to have all of the above out of order is not really acceptable for a luxury spa.

Finally, two of our party had upset stomachs after eating in the New York Café restaurant when we arrived. Whilst it is not possible to prove this was caused by the food it does seem likely since both ate the fish pie and had almost identical symptoms.

Overall, we were all very disappointed with our experience. It was not what I expect from any hotel, regardless of rating, never mind one claiming to rank amongst the best in Jersey! I can honestly say this is the first time I have ever felt strongly enough to write a formal letter of complaint to a hotel but on this occasion, I felt I had no choice.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
7  Thank sf68
Reviewed 29 June 2009

Took my wife for a long weekend and we couldn't have had a better stay. The hotel is great -- hard to believe a gem like this is tucked away on Jersey. From the moment you step in the doors you're in the lap of luxury -- you could be in a London boutique hotel, but outside it's not noise and chaos, it's peaceful, clean air, and the beach just a short walk away.
The staff were fantastic: couldn't have been more attentive: lots of lovely little touches, the champagne on arrival, the occitane soaps and shampoos in the bathroom, the designer phone in the room, that gave it that edge your average business hotel just can't compete with.
Had dinner in Bohemia, the justly famous main restaurant, which was one of the reasons we booked here. The food is sensational -- and all at prices that were unbelievably reasonable for anyone who's used to dining out in London! It was so good we had dinner there twice, though we originally planned to explore the island's other restaurants, we just had to go back for more.
We had lunch in the cafe restaurant upstairs, which was great and unpretentious, good simple cooking.
The spa was fantastic, my wife had several beauty treatments, and I enjoyed the sauna and the beautifully decorated indoor pool -- so restful.
All in all, a fantastic trip, and I must make a specail mention for the receptionist who saved us when the hire car I had reserved independently failed to turn up, organising a replacement for us in less than half an hour.
I'll definitely be heading back to the Club, and i'd recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank smithy2731
Reviewed 28 June 2009

I had a fairly rotten experience the last time I stayed here. I do not, as a rule, complain when staying in a hotel because I just find that it makes the experience worse. And I didn't complain to the hotel at the time or later. Instead, I wrote about my experiences on TripAdvisor. Credit where credit is due; the hotel management obviously reads TripAdvisor comments and, more importantly, actually does something about them. They identified who I was and wrote me a long and very gracious letter, which included a voucher for a two night stay free of charge. So, I took them up on this offer.

I have to say that all of my gripes about my last stay have been rectified and I had a thoroughly enjoyable stay. Very nice room (in fact the same one as last time!), which was clean and in good decoration. Very nice and helpful staff with efficient, professional service from everyone. So, I will certainly now be staying here again. Other hotels could learn a lot from this one's example.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple