It took us while to find somewhere to stay in Jersey - found all accomodation quite expensive - however this B&B had good reviews and seemed ok for the price.
I agree that this was a good location -nice being away from it all - about a 20 minute walk I would say to liberation square - so not on the doorstep (a bit of a way to walk with heavy bags- and taxi's are way to expensive in Jersey!) but not to far.
I think the outside appearance of the B&B could do with a re-paint and clean as it doesn't look that appealing when you first show up. Also apon entering the guest house I think there is a bit of a musty smell - not particulry nice (nothing a couple of glade plug ins wouldn't sort) - it may be just me - but it immediately put me off.
The bedroom was ok - a little dated - the bathroom was tiny - almost like an ensuite was a after thought - would have been better to not bother!
The guest house has a home from home feel - with plenty of DVD's and magazines to borrow and entertain yourself with.
The breakfast was nice - but thought the ingredients were not of good quality and therefore lacked flavour - although on a plus Geoff would do whatever variety of breakfast you could think of and would go out his way on that front.
The owners were helpful with bus services and advice etc - cannot fault that - made to feel welcome.
All in all I think if this guest house charge £45-£50 night it would be a good guest house - however for the price (comparing to other cheaper guest houses I have stayed in) - I was disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Geoff and Carolyn Mayger have been in the hospitality industry for many years and are pleased to welcome you to the relaxed and homely atmosphere they have created at the Bay View. They pride themselves in providing guests with all the modern conveniences and comforts of a four star Guest House. Bay View is situated across the road from the beach at Havre des Pas with its Lido & beach café, and still only a ten minute walk into St Helier, the main business and commercial centre of Jersey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Book Direct Rooms, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bay View Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay View Guest House Hotel St. Helier
- Bay View Guest House Jersey/St Helier