“Business-friendly and professional”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Business-friendly and professional”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I was very happy with my 2 night stay at the Radisson Blu for a recent business trip. The hotel building isn't the prettiest (after my trip I read in the guide book that it won an award for architectural ugliness!), and it's located in a modern harbour side development, near to a KFC, Fitness First etc. - practical but not the most charming. However, it's very easy to find, and is visible from the coastal road as you approach St. Helier from the west - I'd hired a car from the airport and located the hotel without a SatNav and with only rough directions. The hotel ticked all the boxes for a business trip: easy (less than 5 minute) walk into St. Helier's centre, good car park, excellent fast wifi, professional and efficient staff, large room with a big desk to work from. I'd only booked a cheaper inland-facing room, but was given a room overlooking the harbour, which was very spacious, modern and well-equipped. If I was to have one minor quibble, it would be with the indoor pool, which was really very small. One of the reasons I chose the hotel was for the chance for some swimming, but the pool was only about 10m long. There really aren't any other criticisms - I ordered room service one night, which was fine. The breakfast buffet was very comprehensive and the staff were polite and attentive. I really struggle to find criticisms - it seemed like a very well-managed, organised place, not a 5 star luxury experience, but very pleasant and perfect for my needs, and reasonable value for money.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
JERZR, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Hello and thanks for taking the time. We're delighted that you were satisfied with everything and enjoyed your stay so thoroughly. We are indeed very easy to find and are very fortunate to have a spectacular waterfront location within minutes of the island's town centre and business district. So glad you received a complimentary upgrade to a sea facing room which is well worth it to gazeover the sparkling marina and St Aubins Bay. We pride ourselves on good organisation and it's very gratifying to know we're doing our job correctly. We look forward to your next visit! :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (795)
  • Polish first
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I loved this hotel. polite and professional check in, and room ready, even though quite early. BIG standard room, warm, clean, fresh....really good. room cleaned each day, and would go back there again. THE BIGGEST fish tank I have ever seen in reception, great bar area...really no complaints. Went for a swin/sauna...same here...great attitude staff...pool and changing rooms spotless....just wish I had had more 'downtime'.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
JERZR, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Hi Nik P,
Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, thanks! I hope we'll see you again if you're back here for work but maybe for a weekend when you can enjoy the facilities and the island with more time :)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We have just returned from a 2 night weekend break at the Radisson to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
I had previously e mailed the hotel with a few requests such as a quiet room on a high floor and if possible sea view. I have to say I had a very nice quick response from the hotel saying they will do their best with the requests but nothing guaranteed.
We arrived about 5.30pm after getting the bus from the airport. Only about 5 mins to walk from the stop to the hotel.
We were checked in by a nice young lady and I enquired about a sea view room and was told there would be a supplement. I did feel a little disappointed as by the e mail I did think if there was a room available then maybe seeing it was a special occasion we might have been allocated one. Never mind!!
Our room was on the 4th floor facing the city view. When we entered the room we were very happy. Big, bright and clean and had everything you would need. A nice clean bathroom too.
Unfortunately I was woken in the early morning by some noise but Im not sure where it came from. We were the first room from the lift so that might have been the problem. I am a very light sleeper though. On the second night I was woken by some noise with doors banging etc so another bad night for me. But I must say the bed and pillows were the best Ive come across and so comfy.
Breakfast was in a lovely big, bright restaurant with lovely views. The buffet was the best Ive had with almost everything you could imagine. My only gripe is that on the Sunday the pastries etc were not replenished and I had to go without.
The coffee was brought to your table and was lovely and hot. Overall excellent.
The hotel has a small pool, a small gym and a steam room and sauna. Quite small but quiet when we were there. I do feel though that some of the cv equipment needs to be upgraded as very old.
The hotel was about 5 mins from the town with some eateries in a complex a min from the hotel.
There is a lovely bar in the hotel with some music put on Fridays and Saturdays.
I would highly recommend this hotel in St Hellier and hope to return next year.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tjgfitness
Hi tjgfitness,
Thanks for the review and congratualtions on your anniversary. I'm sorry we weren't able to upgrade you complimentary - we try to be flexible where we can although if you were here over the school holidays recently it was a very busy time for us which gives us less flexibility. I'm sorry to hear you were disturbed whilst sleeping, I hope with the comfy bed you got back to sleep quickly! Thank you for the recommendation and it's great to hear you'll hopefully be coming back, see you then!
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

This is the 3rd time we have used the Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel for our photographic conferences over in Jersey.

On arrival we checked in to the hotels rooms which were clean, modern and comfortable. The beds proved for a good nights sleep and if you enjoy a soft mattress you are in for a real treat when staying at the Radisson.

Breakfast has a wide range of fruits, cereals, yoghurts as well as a hot buffet. The cooked breakfast is gorgeous and I can highly-recommend the scramble eggs!

The bar area has comfortable settee style seating. Again the bar is clean and comfortable and a range of drinks are provided as well as local beers. I enjoyed the hotel brining out complimentary snacks such as Bombay Mix and one night a taste of fish curry.

On to the conference facilities.

On this occasion we used the Rocco Tower and the Le Hocq Suite. Both of these rooms catered for our needs and overall the quality of the equipment included in the rooms is of a high-standard.

The events team were helpful, polite and always available to assist with any needs.

I look forward to holding our next conference at the Radisson in St Helier.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hi colintjones,
Thanks for the review and thanks for your continued business, we hope we will see you here for your next event. We also heard good feedback from those who attended your event, I hope it was a huge success for you. See you in 2014 :)
Manchester
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We booked 6 nights at the Radisson Blu as part of a package with Condor Ferries - very reasonable deal (half board basis). We travelled from Weymouth on the ferry and the hotel is a couple of roundabouts away from the ferry terminal. It's a large modern hotel with rooms overlooking the harbour, out to sea or (at the back of the hotel) a car park and towards the main town of St Helier. We had a room on the 1st floor overlooking the harbour. It was a spacious room - very clean and the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in. The views out over the harbour were brilliant but it's a shame none of the hotel rooms have balconies as we could only admire through the window.

PLUS POINTS:

- Location - easy to walk into the centre of St Helier and just round the corner from the ferry terminal. Views magnificant from the sea/harbour facing rooms.
- Extremely comfy bed with large fluffy pillows
- Superb buffet breakfast (if you want omelettes or eggs cooked in ways other than scrambled, which is provided as part of the buffet, then they are provided on request).
- Meals in the restaurant in the evening (we were on a half board basis and were presented with two different menus when we were there - it's changed every 3 days - but if you want other things off the a la carte menu it's possible if you pay a supplement.

NEGATIVES (IN OUR OPINION)

- Small pool
- Language difficulties - most of the staff seem to be from Latvia and their understanding of English could be limited on occasion. We had difficulty explaining our requriements at both Reception and in the Restaurant at times and our bill was presented incorrectly on most evenings. There seemed to be disconnect between the Restaurant and Reception as to what package we were on and this continued for the duration of our stay - very frustrating.
- The hanging space in the room was pretty poor for a 6 night stay - a few coat hangers and a small hanging area.
- Toiletries in the bathroom of poor quality.

About negatives are minor. Overall we loved the hotel and would definitely return there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi MandLManchester,
Thank you for coming to stay with us! I'm glad you had a great stay overall and enjoyed the views and the food. Many people say it's a shame about the balconies but we have an exciting new project for our terrace for the start of next year that will make it an even nicer space to use with sofas and heaters so you can enjoy the uninterrupted marina views from there. Apologies for the frustrations you had with your bill, we will have a refresher with the team to make sure everyone is getting it right. See you next time!
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Nice location, great sea view, best food, great staff, very clean. Very close to all places of interest. Free parking. Small swimming pool. But there are a lot of beautiful beaches around. I spent two days and enjoyed it very much. I will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013
Hi Maksilesya,
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, thanks for taking the time to give your feedback. I hope the beaches provided a great backdrop for your break and look forward to seeing you next time :)
bucks
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Got a great deal on last minute.com for a business room with sea view, room was big, bed was really comfortable, lovely coffee maker in the room. Breakfast was great, loads of choice, no queuing and very relaxing. The hotel staff were really friendly. All in all a hotel I would recommend. It's not right in the centre of St Helier but only between 5-10 min walk away.

Room Tip: Business room is really good, big and comfortable.