“Convenient and Good Service”

Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in St Helier
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed here in June to visit friends and found the reviews very helpful, hence selected the hotel for our 2 nights stay. The hotel is very convenient located near (walking distance) to high street as the walk is very pleasant (10 minutes walk).

The check in was efficient and pleasant and the room met our needs for the 3 days stay. It is new and and well furnished for the price that we were paying for a Jersey hotel in the peak period during summer. Parking was convenient and there is a cinema located nearby if one fancys a movie rather than a pub crawl in town.

The service was effiicient as housekeeping promptly fixed the coffee machine when we informed them the machine was not working as it should be.

Overall a very pleasing stay in a new hotel located conveniently near the waterfront and also near town.

Room Tip: Do choose a room for a view of Elizabeth Castle as the setting sun gives a romantic view of the cast...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
JERZR, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Hi and thanks for sharing your comments with us. We're so pleased that everything was to your satisfaction and you were happy with our high level of service and found it to be good value. As you point out, we're in a great spot to explore the sights and sounds of St Helier and we're a;sp very lucky to be in a picturesque setting on the waterfront which can take the breath away! We hope you found time to take a stroll along the marina and had a cosy and romantic weekend together. Hope to see you again soon :)

Write a ReviewReviews (2,507)

Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

I held a business conference at the hotel in early November. The hotel was recommended by some local friends who live in Jersey. The staff were impeccable, hard working and could attend to your every need. Alex was our host for the day and I could not fault his attitude and professional edge, everything was set up, prepared and completed on time.

We held the conference in the Le Hocq suite, which is breathtaking and highly recommended.

The only downfall was that the lunch put on for us was a little out of season, but the little home made cookies and snacks put on throughout the day were wonderful.

I would certainly use the venue again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Hello and thanks for taking the time to share your review. We're so pleased your friends recommended us to you and that our staff were able to look after you and your delegates so well. We'll pass on your kind words to our team, thank you :)
The Le Hocq Suite offers quite a stunning view and we're glad it took your breath away!
The best news is, you'll be back soon and we very much look forward to it.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Just returned from a 3 night stay at this wonderful hotel. We arrived at 10.00 a.m. and were pleased to find that our room was already available for us. We were upgraded to sea view as part of the package. Well worth it but as others have said, would have been nice to have had a balcony if staying in the summer. The room had everything you needed, including high speed wifi, good shower and tv. There was not much wardrobe space and would probably find it very difficult if staying more than a week. The beds were very comfortable and massive plump pillows. This hotel seemed to be used by mostly businessmen and airline crews.

The restaurant served wonderful food and we were fortunate to be staying during the Tennerfest time (1 October-11 November). This has now been extended to 30 November so had 3-course meal for £20 each which was well worth it.

The breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice even served on hot plates. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bren1958

Hi and thanks for sharing your positive comments. It's such a pleasure to read such a glowing review and to know we're doing our job correctly! Delighted to hear you had a comfortable stay in our bedrooms, we plump our pillows especially well! ;) Glad you stayed over during our Tennerfest menu and found it good value. Thanks for your recommendation and we look forward to your next stay with us! :)

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I was very happy with my 2 night stay at the Radisson Blu for a recent business trip. The hotel building isn't the prettiest (after my trip I read in the guide book that it won an award for architectural ugliness!), and it's located in a modern harbour side development, near to a KFC, Fitness First etc. - practical but not the most charming. However, it's very easy to find, and is visible from the coastal road as you approach St. Helier from the west - I'd hired a car from the airport and located the hotel without a SatNav and with only rough directions. The hotel ticked all the boxes for a business trip: easy (less than 5 minute) walk into St. Helier's centre, good car park, excellent fast wifi, professional and efficient staff, large room with a big desk to work from. I'd only booked a cheaper inland-facing room, but was given a room overlooking the harbour, which was very spacious, modern and well-equipped. If I was to have one minor quibble, it would be with the indoor pool, which was really very small. One of the reasons I chose the hotel was for the chance for some swimming, but the pool was only about 10m long. There really aren't any other criticisms - I ordered room service one night, which was fine. The breakfast buffet was very comprehensive and the staff were polite and attentive. I really struggle to find criticisms - it seemed like a very well-managed, organised place, not a 5 star luxury experience, but very pleasant and perfect for my needs, and reasonable value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
JERZR, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Hello and thanks for taking the time. We're delighted that you were satisfied with everything and enjoyed your stay so thoroughly. We are indeed very easy to find and are very fortunate to have a spectacular waterfront location within minutes of the island's town centre and business district. So glad you received a complimentary upgrade to a sea facing room which is well worth it to gazeover the sparkling marina and St Aubins Bay. We pride ourselves on good organisation and it's very gratifying to know we're doing our job correctly. We look forward to your next visit! :)

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I loved this hotel. polite and professional check in, and room ready, even though quite early. BIG standard room, warm, clean, fresh....really good. room cleaned each day, and would go back there again. THE BIGGEST fish tank I have ever seen in reception, great bar area...really no complaints. Went for a swin/sauna...same here...great attitude staff...pool and changing rooms spotless....just wish I had had more 'downtime'.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
JERZR, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Hi Nik P,
Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, thanks! I hope we'll see you again if you're back here for work but maybe for a weekend when you can enjoy the facilities and the island with more time :)

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We have just returned from a 2 night weekend break at the Radisson to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
I had previously e mailed the hotel with a few requests such as a quiet room on a high floor and if possible sea view. I have to say I had a very nice quick response from the hotel saying they will do their best with the requests but nothing guaranteed.
We arrived about 5.30pm after getting the bus from the airport. Only about 5 mins to walk from the stop to the hotel.
We were checked in by a nice young lady and I enquired about a sea view room and was told there would be a supplement. I did feel a little disappointed as by the e mail I did think if there was a room available then maybe seeing it was a special occasion we might have been allocated one. Never mind!!
Our room was on the 4th floor facing the city view. When we entered the room we were very happy. Big, bright and clean and had everything you would need. A nice clean bathroom too.
Unfortunately I was woken in the early morning by some noise but Im not sure where it came from. We were the first room from the lift so that might have been the problem. I am a very light sleeper though. On the second night I was woken by some noise with doors banging etc so another bad night for me. But I must say the bed and pillows were the best Ive come across and so comfy.
Breakfast was in a lovely big, bright restaurant with lovely views. The buffet was the best Ive had with almost everything you could imagine. My only gripe is that on the Sunday the pastries etc were not replenished and I had to go without.
The coffee was brought to your table and was lovely and hot. Overall excellent.
The hotel has a small pool, a small gym and a steam room and sauna. Quite small but quiet when we were there. I do feel though that some of the cv equipment needs to be upgraded as very old.
The hotel was about 5 mins from the town with some eateries in a complex a min from the hotel.
There is a lovely bar in the hotel with some music put on Fridays and Saturdays.
I would highly recommend this hotel in St Hellier and hope to return next year.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tjgfitness

Hi tjgfitness,
Thanks for the review and congratualtions on your anniversary. I'm sorry we weren't able to upgrade you complimentary - we try to be flexible where we can although if you were here over the school holidays recently it was a very busy time for us which gives us less flexibility. I'm sorry to hear you were disturbed whilst sleeping, I hope with the comfy bed you got back to sleep quickly! Thank you for the recommendation and it's great to hear you'll hopefully be coming back, see you then!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

This is the 3rd time we have used the Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel for our photographic conferences over in Jersey.

On arrival we checked in to the hotels rooms which were clean, modern and comfortable. The beds proved for a good nights sleep and if you enjoy a soft mattress you are in for a real treat when staying at the Radisson.

Breakfast has a wide range of fruits, cereals, yoghurts as well as a hot buffet. The cooked breakfast is gorgeous and I can highly-recommend the scramble eggs!

The bar area has comfortable settee style seating. Again the bar is clean and comfortable and a range of drinks are provided as well as local beers. I enjoyed the hotel brining out complimentary snacks such as Bombay Mix and one night a taste of fish curry.

On to the conference facilities.

On this occasion we used the Rocco Tower and the Le Hocq Suite. Both of these rooms catered for our needs and overall the quality of the equipment included in the rooms is of a high-standard.

The events team were helpful, polite and always available to assist with any needs.

I look forward to holding our next conference at the Radisson in St Helier.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Hi colintjones,
Thanks for the review and thanks for your continued business, we hope we will see you here for your next event. We also heard good feedback from those who attended your event, I hope it was a huge success for you. See you in 2014 :)