This was the first visit my husband and I took to Jersey for our 6 night honeymoon. The hotel was reached quickly from the airport and we soon realised it was a fantastic location. Nearby are restaurants, a cinema, gym etc. It is also only five minutes walk from the town centre.
We stayed in one of the sea view rooms and the outlook was truly stunning; it allowed us to watch the sunset over Elizabeth Castle and the marina from the comfort of our room. It was a real shame we didn't have a balcony to sit on so that we could enjoy the view in even more comfort. The bed is the most comfortable I have ever slept in at a hotel but may be a little soft for some tastes. The high ceiling gave the impression of even more space than there is.
When it comes to food and the serving staff it was a really mixed bag. The breakfast selection was huge and refreshed regularly but often the staff gave the impression that they didn't care and I overheard one or two snide comments about other guests. The bar staff's attitude towards guests were also poor and when we made a complaint about one dish the response was simply 'oh yeah, we normally tell people not to order that!' This was very poor service in my opinion. The restaurant staff and food were ok but nothing to write home about.
Other members of staff were extremely helpful however and the reception staff made up for the failings of the serving staff. They arranged transport and day trips for us as well as providing lots of information.
On the whole, we have both said we would return to the hotel but unfortunately we would need to make sure we have dinner reservations elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relish captivating views at this waterfront hotel in Jersey. Explore unspoilt beaches, magnificent cliffs and picturesque landscapes from this attractive Channel Islands locale. Located directly on the bustling waterfront promenade, this hotel offers Jersey visitors premium accommodation. Enjoy amenities like Free high-speed, wireless Internet as well as the convenience of an in-house health club. Savour a meal alfresco at the Waterfront Restaurant and Terrace, and take advantage of easy access to nearby attractions like Elizabeth Castle. To top it off, this venue's five fully equipped meeting rooms make it the perfect place for mixing business with pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Rezidor, Booking.com, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Agoda, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey Hotel St. Helier
- St Helier Radisson
- Radisson St. Helier
- Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey St Helier