One of St Helier's newest hotels built on reclaimed land on the corner of the harbour, with spectacular vistas overlooking the bay and Elizabeth Castle.
Unfortunately, our room was on the back of the hotel so we enjoyed a view of the car park.
Tip#1 - ask for a sea view!
Everything is clean and well appointed, comfortable beds and fantastically soft goose down pillows.
We booked with our 11 year old and they installed a Z-bed. Not terribly comfortable but functional and the rooms are big enough that it's not a squeeze.
Tip#2. Try and get upgraded to the Business Bedrooms - there's 4 on each floor and they're bigger than the standard room.
The health spa is standard fare and not exclusively for hotel guests - lots of PYT health freaks with unnatural suntans and an air of indifference to hotel guests. The hotel pool is small. 25' x 15', but warm and functional. Nice sauna and steam room.
The staff are pleasant but seem to know little about Jersey or events going on. The hotel could do with a concierge desk & staffed by a knowledgeable local.
Bar meals/snacks (and room service food) are nothing special, if anything a tad unimaginative and, regrettably, very overpriced. Typical bar snack dish is £10-15. Drinks are top end prices too. Unfortunately that's how hotel chains make their money these days.
Luckily there's a TGI, Pizza Hut and other bar/restaurants right next door alongside the cinema multiplex.
The walk into St Helier is a bit of a schlep - half a mile across unattractive concrete roadways and windy streets lined with glass and steel office blocks - Jersey's finest architecture (not).
All in all, a good choice if you prefer modern, well appointed hotels and don't mind a bit of walking to get downtown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relish captivating views at this waterfront hotel in Jersey. Explore unspoilt beaches, magnificent cliffs and picturesque landscapes from this attractive Channel Islands locale. Located directly on the bustling waterfront promenade, this hotel offers Jersey visitors premium accommodation. Enjoy amenities like Free high-speed, wireless Internet as well as the convenience of an in-house health club. Savour a meal alfresco at the Waterfront Restaurant and Terrace, and take advantage of easy access to nearby attractions like Elizabeth Castle. To top it off, this venue's five fully equipped meeting rooms make it the perfect place for mixing business with pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Rezidor, Priceline, Lastminute, Ebookers, Odigeo, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey Hotel St. Helier
- St Helier Radisson
- Radisson St. Helier
- Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey St Helier