This is our second stay at this hotel in the past few weeks and I cannot speak too highly about our experiences. I know about the critics who say the place is " too minimalistic; staff unfriendly; bland etc " but for a short break this hotel fits the bill. We found the staff very unobtrusive but extremely friendly and helpful when needed. You can at least park at the hotel and it is a very short walk to the shops. On both occasions our rooms were upgraded - the second time I booked the wrong room in error but we were upgraded to a better sea-view room with no extra charge - even though I was expecting , and was quite prepared to pay the extra. It was my booking fault but thanks to Radisson.
OK - not the hotel if you wanted a beach holiday in the midst of summer - but neither would be its main competitors in the centre of the town. The hotel is quiet (we heard no noise from the christmas party functions going on). The rooms are large; bed huge and the room/facilities excellent. And I enjoyed swimming and using the hotel gym in the mornings - had the pool all to myself at 8am and 7pm.
The food is good; breakfast excellent and the bar meals fine. For those who want a family hotel atmosphere then there are plenty of guest houses around. But for a professional city-centre hotel with all the 4-5 star facilities you cannot beat this hotel. For an uninterrupted night's sleep I think the Radisson beats the other hotels across the square hands down. After all you can only drink at one bar or eat in one restaurant at a time?
My only criticism is that the fish in the huge tank in the reception need more friends to swim with- they seem a bit lonely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relish captivating views at this waterfront hotel in Jersey. Explore unspoilt beaches, magnificent cliffs and picturesque landscapes from this attractive Channel Islands locale. Located directly on the bustling waterfront promenade, this hotel offers Jersey visitors premium accommodation. Enjoy amenities like Free high-speed, wireless Internet as well as the convenience of an in-house health club. Savour a meal alfresco at the Waterfront Restaurant and Terrace, and take advantage of easy access to nearby attractions like Elizabeth Castle. To top it off, this venue's five fully equipped meeting rooms make it the perfect place for mixing business with pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Rezidor, Expedia, Lastminute, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, LateRooms, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey Hotel St. Helier
- St Helier Radisson
- Radisson St. Helier
- Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey St Helier