“Excellent food but...”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The menu here is alway extensive and varied, its never easy to make a choice and I always end up with a little bit of food envy!

We were here this year with a group of 10 and the restaurant was full with the pavement seating also full (make sure you have a reservation!)

The food was good as usual and the staff are always friendly but I think this time, they might have slightly over-extended themselves as the service wasn't great. By the time we got to desert, they had "forgotten" a couple of dishes and some of the coffees and liqueurs had to be re-ordered.

It didn't spoil my evening but some of our party were less impressed, that said, I'm sure we'll be back there on our next visit to St Helier.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We have visited Jersey every year since 2005, and the holiday would not be complete without a meal at the Vecchia Milano. It is the only Italian restaurant that my husband will visit willingly, as italian food is not usually his favourite, but the food and the service here are excellent. We always pick a night when we can sit outside and I can honestly say this is one of the highlights of our annual visit to Jersey.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Visited this restaurant recently and had a great evening the food was excellent and the staff fantastic. we had a brilliant night an really enjoyed the atmosphere. This was our favourite reataurant in St Helier.

So if you want a really good experience I thoroughly recommend this Place.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

On a four day break in Jersey looked around St Hellier for an evening meal. Looked at a few and checked rating on Trip Advisor. The Vecchia Milano was in the top quartile. The restaurant is furnished simply but attractive, some might say a little rustic in style. We arrived early around 6 pm to find it pleasantly busy. The service was attentive without being intrusive. Ate from the fixed menu,two courses .The Melon and Parma Ham starter was very good. I had a steak from the mains my wife the chicken. I wondered about the steak at these very reasonable prices. It was excellent,my wifes dish also. Enjoyed it so much we dined there again, not like us on a four night stay. You would not call this formal dining just a great dinner spot with excellent food.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Try this restaurant for classic personal Italian service. We enjoyed lunch in the sun and delighted in the individual service, excellent food and attention to detail.