We stayed here on a last minute package offered by the hotel to local residents, which included an overnight stay, dinner, and breakfast.
The hotel is in a nice location, although there is very little parking, so be sure not to arrive too late or to leave the hotel once you are there. There is a walk up to the hotel from the road/carpark. The room itself was lovely, with a comfortable bed, large bathroom with a jacuzzi bath, sofa and complimentary water (still and sparkling).
Upon check in, we advised that we would be taking afternoon tea in our room when it became available (2pm I think). I called about 15 minutes before this in order to specify the type of afternoon tea we wanted (there are various types). I was advised by reception that afternoon tea would not be offered because "the hotel was too busy". I had taken my parents there only days before for afternoon tea and at that time they advised that afternoon tea was not available because "the hotel was too quiet". I suspect that they don't want to serve afternoon tea!? I told them that this wasn't acceptable, so they begrudgingly agreed to bring it to us, although parts of it were missing (particularly the victoria sponge, which was replaced by the most awful tasting cheesecake). Once it arrived, it was lovely.
We then went for dinner. I have left a separate review for this under the restaurant listing here. In summary, it was very poor.
Breakfast was good. My husband went, but I was feeling unwell and could not make it. He had a full English breakfast and he was happy with it.
We like the room but I doubt that we will stay again, even if they make a very cheap offer next winter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in the 1800’s as a gracious private home, nestled against the cliffs of the wonderful wooded valley of Rozel, the Chateau La Chaire Hotel is now recognised by the major guides as one of the finest small luxury hotels in the British Isles.The hotel offers a range of stylish accommodation, including a spectacular split level suite and many rooms with feature beds such as four posters, private balconies and ensuite spa bathrooms. Luxury Elemis toiletries and soft towelling robes are provided in all rooms together with a host of other extras you would only find in a first class hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chateau La Chaire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau La Chaire Hotel St. Martin
- Chateau La Chaire St Helier
- Chateau La Chaire Jersey/St Martin